Von Miller to the Rams

gonzo1105

Miller is still good, but he is clearly not the force that he once was. Yes, it's a cheap price to pay but any cost is questionable based on what I've seen from him in recent years. Around here we would be complaining that it's an expensive rental for an aging veteran on the downside of his career.

old "name" star that hasnt done much of anything last few years,  with a high cap number.    Rams selling out for that ring.   Tampa did this,  but they signed low cost old "name" stars.    mbe he makes a huge difference,  we'll see.   imo this is better for the Broncos than the Rams,   get what u can for that "name" while u can.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, clayboy54 said:

Miller is still good, but he is clearly not the force that he once was. Yes, it's a cheap price to pay but any cost is questionable based on what I've seen from him in recent years. Around here we would be complaining that it's an expensive rental for an aging veteran on the downside of his career.

He’s better then what they’ve had at edge rusher but it didn’t move the dial for me

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

How do they have the cap space to do this?  They show 5 mil available space and Von has a 22 mil cap hit? 

Miller's salary is $17.5M which is what the Rams take on.  He's a FA after this year.  So unless there's a handshake deal to sign a new contract, it's a 1 year rental.

Guess is that the deal comes with some agreement to sign a new contract that has lower salary this season and several years amortized bonus

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Every time some poster on here says its a bad trade idea or an impossible deal, then some GM makes a bad trade. A potential great pass rusher for a couple picks is a great move for the Rams who are all in. He has been injured of late but its worth the risk

There are deals to be made to win now. Hopefully Beane makes a meaningful deal or two.

I think the mentality in LAR and Buffalo is a little different.  Snead, McVay and the Rams are all about mortgaging they figure for a championship.  They’ve traded high draft picks the past 2 or 3 seasons.  

Buffalo seems to be more measured in their approach.  They put a value on players and won’t really overspend.  To surrender a high pick the player has to be very good or fill a need (i.e. Diggs)

• Agree 1

I agree that Miller hasn’t been like his former self but at times I wonder if a change of scenery for a guy knowing he’s playing on a title contender with other guys around him makes this appealing. 

im sure the Rams know he has lost a step but are banking on this reasoning 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I agree that Miller hasn’t been like his former self but at times I wonder if a change of scenery for a guy knowing he’s playing on a title contender with other guys around him makes this appealing. 

im sure the Rams know he has lost a step but are banking on this reasoning 

I'm not sure he has lost a step. He had 4.5 sacks through 6.5 games before getting hurt. 

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

Von Miller is past his prime. I wouldnt mind the bills trading for a seasoned vet but glad it wasnt Miller. Big contract and always injured

Between 2014 and 2019 he missed zero games. He got hurt last year (ACL) and is dealing with a relatively minor ankle injury now, but I expect him to provide that Rams D with the last bit of juice they need.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.