Subtraction by Addition - Emmanuel Sanders

Sharky7337

Since joining the bills it seems like at least a few times a game josh tries to force the ball to him and their often off in timing or chemistry.

Hes a great receiver but taking away reps from Diggs and Davis and Beasely that have shown great chemistry in Allen seems to hurt this offense more then help it.

Hes a such a great talent to have but your thoughts on what you see!

A similar type of situation was discussed last year with the browns and when Beckham went out, the team was better because baker forced the ball less to Beckham and they had better balance.

Edit: Some may think I'm blaming him for struggles and I am not. I am simply sometimes seeing it as the chemistry is sometimes forced in situations that may stall drives.

Edit2: our third down conversion rate is actually better so far then our overall last year. I still believe that as huge of an asset as he is that it may sometimes effect ball distribution negatively (aka josh wanting to force.the deep shot to him)

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

• Sharky7337 changed the title to Subtraction by Addition - Emmanuel Sanders
Just now, The Wiz said:

Same thing happened when Diggs joined the team. Took receptions away from kroft.

I really hate it when we upgrade our offensive weapons. 

Can we get Zay and Kelvin back?

🙄

When Diggs joined the team he elevated our offense instantly. It's totally different from what I see.

• Disagree 1

Sanders has been great. Josh missed him deep again today.  I don't see them forcing the ball to anyone even Diggs waits patiently for his reps.  Yes Davis has seen his numbers drop but that is as much the emergence of Knox as it is Sanders.  With Knox they are more balanced.  Davis will get this chances.  

A few weeks ago everyone thought Cole was the odd man out. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So what are we debating the current offense with Sanders(one of the best offenses in the league) against some hypothetical better offense without him?

I mean really?

Pretty well still encompasses my feelings.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

every week a different receiver takes the heat 

I'm just noticing our offense is less effective at sustained drives and third downs and red zone then it was last year without him.

We have hit some big plays with him for sure which is awesome!

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Same thing happened when Diggs joined the team. Took receptions away from kroft.

I really hate it when we upgrade our offensive weapons. 

Can we get Zay and Kelvin back?

🙄

Don't forget about Foster!

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

I'm just noticing our offense is less effective at sustained drives and third downs and red zone then it was last year without him.

We have hit some big plays with him for sure which is awesome!

We have the second best 3rd down conversion rate next to KC. I don't think you are seeing properly.

22 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Since joining the bills it seems like at least a few times a game josh tries to force the ball to him and their often off in timing or chemistry.

Hes a great receiver but taking away reps from Diggs and Davis and Beasely that have shown great chemistry in Allen seems to hurt this offense more then help it.

Hes a such a great talent to have but your thoughts on what you see!

A similar type of situation was discussed last year with the browns and when Beckham went out, the team was better because baker forced the ball less to Beckham and they had better balance.

Yeah um no- Sanders takes the top off. Knock it off lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.