Knox injury?

Big Turk

49 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's one play in a game the Ravens won by 34-6 & controlled the entire 60 minutes. 

A turnover is generally considered (among the football knowledgeable) to have disproportionate impact on the outcome of a game, which dismissing it as "one play" appears to minimize.  And that was a bad interception.

This is especially true of turnovers which give the opponent great field position.  Allen's INT (not his fault as his arm was hit as he threw) gave the Titans TD points that may have been the difference in the game.

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And one of them was one of the worst INT’s i’ve seen in some time. There was not a receiver anywhere in the vicinity.

There was a receiver if it's the play I saw, though he was well covered.  Lamar just didn't perceive the DB in position to jump the route.  Josh made several INTs of this sort in his second season, notable the 1st NE game, until Daboll and Dorsey beat it out of him (or another view, until Josh recognized the serious, game losing impact of INTs and committed to minimizing them)

image.thumb.png.298c42981b994173796190df04dd4ca5.png

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Ravens won that game because of a strong defensive performance (4 turnovers) along with running the ball. 

One could equally say because of the Chargers weak offensive performance?

But we are drifting far afield from the thread topic here.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

If this had happened a week sooner, we would most likely have upped our offer for Ertz.  The injury sucks, as does the timing. 

Tbh I don’t think they would have done anything differently. Ertz and Knox are different types of TEs so he wouldn’t really be able to replace him in the offense. And with it being a short term injury then you are stuck with him and his contract when Knox is back in a few weeks. Arizona lost their starting TE for the year so it made more sense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If this had happened a week sooner, we would most likely have upped our offer for Ertz.  The injury sucks, as does the timing. 

Meanwhile, Dawson Knox is leading the NFL in TDs by a Tight End and enjoying a 75% catch rate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Meanwhile, Dawson Knox is leading the NFL in TDs by a Tight End and enjoying a 75% catch rate.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I prefer Knox by far, but in a year like this, when we are clearly making a run to go deep into the playoffs, I expect us to try and fill any potential holes.  Beane may have considered Ertz as a short term rental if he were still available. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The injury sucks yes but the timing couldnt be better imo, 2-wks to heal and Mia/Jax/jets folowing in the coming weeks.

Zero worries for me - Sweeney time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

This post is what happens when someone looks at stats instead of watching the game. Stats are for losers!

Anyone who watched the games Lamar Jackson played in knows that the above post is ridiculously stupid.   

harshing on the newbie Albany

be nice  

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hand seems to be doing fine.

I think that's the advantage of the internal fixation (surgery to hold bones in place with hardware): once the swelling is down, the hand can be used normally to maintain dexterity and flexibility as a cast/splint is not needed to keep the bone aligned. 

Decent artist!  as Sweeney says "Somebody paid attention in Arts and Crafts"

But being able to hold a paintbrush vs. able to catch a Josh Allen pass smacking into his hands at 50 mph or able to smack into a charging LB, different matter.

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Breathe Muppy or you'll give yourself the "vapors".

fooooooooooooooooooooooo-------faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa much better thanks for having my back 

lol

m

Edited by Muppy

3 hours ago, Muppy said:

fooooooooooooooooooooooo-------faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa much better thanks for having my back 

lol

m

Don't look here:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-tommy-sweeney-is-ready-take-advantage-of-his-opportunity-in-the-spotlight

Or here:

https://footballabsurdity.com/2021/10/29/2021-fantasy-football-week-8-sleeper-tight-ends-sweeney-tom-the-demon-te-of-orchard-park/

We need some serious research into the back-story behind that photo.  Is that just a photoshop?  I know that's not Josh's Halloween costume

(Damn, sometimes I miss those social media accounts)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't look here:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-tommy-sweeney-is-ready-take-advantage-of-his-opportunity-in-the-spotlight

Or here:

https://footballabsurdity.com/2021/10/29/2021-fantasy-football-week-8-sleeper-tight-ends-sweeney-tom-the-demon-te-of-orchard-park/

We need some serious research into the back-story behind that photo.  Is that just a photoshop?  I know that's not Josh's Halloween costume

(Damn, sometimes I miss those social media accounts)

image.png.f614b80806a653dcece14db677477bff.pnglol hahahaaaaa baby Baby BABY wooooooot!  **remembering to breathe****  goodness gracious he is FINE....yeah i goofball my crushes but Im a woman of fine taste and discernment....LOL dayummm

Edited by Muppy

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Got to be approaching the deadline to IR him and include this game, so far looking good that they think this will be at most 2 games.

I'm pretty sure the deadline for that was the same as the deadline for elevating PS players, 4 pm today

But I'm not certain of that - maybe they can IR Knox right up until game time

I don't think they will, from the shots of him at practice Weds manipulating a football with his R hand, I think they believe he's at the earlier side of the 3-4 week timeline, which would mean miss this week, maybe next week, back after that.

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just hoping that after tomorrow, "Sweeney Tom, the Demon TE of Orchard Park" seems like an apt tag

Being a bit more serious, found this Knox review from cover1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.