Knox injury?

Big Turk

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Doesn’t really seem to matter who they lose… Lamar is locked in.

Lamar was objectively bad last Sunday.

167 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.

The Chargers we’re just bad’er.

In 3 of his 6 games this year he has equal or more turnovers in the game than he does passing TD’s. The Lamar hype right now is ridiculous.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

"Dawson Knox had successful surgery yesterday, source said, with the goal of returning to the field as soon as possible."

Boy ... Ian really went out on a limb, there!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So if this is true, put him on IR and activate Stevenson?

Might as well, unless they actually think it is 3 weeks on the high end and he could be back sooner. Because of the bye week, he would actually be out 4 weeks if he goes on IR (it is 3 games, not 3 weeks). But it just feels like it makes too much sense to get Stevenson in there.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Might as well, unless they actually think it is 3 weeks on the high end and he could be back sooner. Because of the bye week, he would actually be out 4 weeks if he goes on IR (it is 3 games, not 3 weeks). But it just feels like it makes too much sense to get Stevenson in there.

One problem is they gotta have a plan to keep Stevenson on the roster when Knox returns.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The surgery for Knox should enable faster healing, but healing a bone break still takes weeks.  IMHO 3 weeks is probably on the low end.  Athletes with surgical repair of bones do return to sport with a brace in as little as 2 weeks, but those are usually lower-contact sports or positions where there isn't as much use of the hands and need for precision and dexterity.  The real benefit of the surgery should be that he can start PT and rehab in 2 or 3 weeks so he won't lose as much.

That may be a long winded way to say "More Haste, Less Speed" and I hope they err on the side of giving it time to heal more at first vs. risking a setback.  I can't think of a position that requires more of the hands than a blocking and pass catching TE.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like that may take care of itself, with injuries likely and/or trade deadline coming up 

It may take care of itself, but Beane doesn't strike me as a guy who likes to leave things to chance

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think every QB misses “easy” throws from time to time… Lamar is just so efficient, so if he misses a throw on one play he makes up for it on the next one.

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

167 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.

In 3 of his 6 games this year he has equal or more turnovers in the game than he does passing TD’s. The Lamar hype right now is ridiculous.

@ScottLaw see above.  He had a RIDICULOUS 2nd half vs. the Colts that I believe is clouding your assessment.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Einstein said:

167 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.

This post is what happens when someone looks at stats instead of watching the game. Stats are for losers!

Anyone who watched the games Lamar Jackson played in knows that the above post is ridiculously stupid.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This post is what happens when someone looks at stats instead of watching the game. Stats are for losers!

Anyone who watched the games Lamar Jackson played in knows that the above post is ridiculously stupid.   

I saw the game. He was not good.

This was one of the worst INT’s i’ve seen in some time.

Edited by Einstein

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I saw the game. He was not good.

Then you are clueless.  The gameplan was to run against the Chargers weak run defense,  Baltimore ran for 187 yards including 51 by Lamar Jackson.  He had no need to throw for big yardage.  He hit 70% of his passes.  They scored 34 points. 

Go take your lame use of stats to try to prove a ridiculous point because you don't like Jackson for whatever lame reason you have and learn how to watch football because  it's pretty obvious you have no clue what you're watching.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Then you are clueless.  The gameplan was to run against the Chargers weak run defense,  Baltimore ran for 187 yards including 51 by Lamar Jackson.  He had no need to throw for big yardage.  He hit 70% of his passes.  They scored 34 points. 

Go take your lame use of stats to try to prove a ridiculous point because you don't like Jackson for whatever lame reason you have and learn how to watch football because  it's pretty obvious you have no clue what you're watching.  

Would you like to further excuse this?

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Would you like to further excuse this?

It's one play in a game the Ravens won by 34-6 & controlled the entire 60 minutes.  

You are so clueless there's no point in responding to any of your stupid posts after this response.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It may take care of itself, but Beane doesn't strike me as a guy who likes to leave things to chance

It doesn't have to mean he leaves it to chance. He might think that injuries will somehow sort it out (which is fairly likely), and if not, he might have a backup plan - like cutting least performing DT for example.

But you're obviously right that he just doesn't activate Stevenson without some plan in mind.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's one play in a game the Ravens won by 34-6 & controlled the entire 60 minutes.  

You are so clueless there's no point in responding to any of your stupid posts after this response.  

I agree. We will not find common ground on this and there is no point in further discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Well, first off I'd like to note that Buffalo scored 31 points on Monday night yet Allen was horrible, according to some here.  Ditto on games where the Bills plan is obviously to run down a team's throat.  So points are apparently not a great metric of QB quality and neither are rush yards (sarcasm) or overall yards.  Some sarcasm here, in case it's not obvious.

Second, I'd like to note that Lamar did throw two picks in that Chargers game, and that watching that in any game, one can make a legit point that the QB didn't "Do His Job". 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, first off I'd like to note that Buffalo scored 31 points on Monday night yet Allen was horrible, according to some here.  Ditto on games where the Bills plan is obviously to run down a team's throat.  So points are apparently not a great metric of QB quality and neither are rush yards (sarcasm) or overall yards.  Some sarcasm here, in case it's not obvious.

Second, I'd like to note that Lamar did throw two picks in that Chargers game, and that watching that in any game, one can make a legit point that the QB didn't "Do His Job". 

And one of them was one of the worst INT’s i’ve seen in some time. There was not a receiver anywhere in the vicinity.

The Ravens won that game because of a strong defensive performance (4 turnovers) along with running the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.