Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm asking because I have no idea. In a potential Sabres sale are there or can there be safeguards put in place that a franchise existing as a decade long dumpster fire with abysmal attendance wouldn't simply be moved to a more attractive market as part of the sale?

I'm sure the Pegulas would do everything they can to keep the Sabres in town as part of a sale, I just don't know how realistic that will be.

There is maybe one destination the Sabres could move to that would be better than Buffalo.

That's Quebec.

There is almost 0 chance that this team moves. 

29 minutes ago, zevo said:

im pretty sure is he a real estate developer in buffalo

Per wikipedia he is from Brooklyn and he and his brothers founded "Nobody Beats the Wiz" electronics store.

Sold his share before that store tanked in the 90's and made a killing in Washington DC area real estate for a couple decades.

Invested HEAVILY in Buffalo area real estate in recent years.

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

You mean "Nobody Beats the Wiz" was actually a real thing?  I always assumed it was made up for Seinfeld.

cee91300f2ecf8e59926d5adc6b93618.png

Seinfeld always used real products and places. I remember the Wiz huge electronics store with tons of TVs

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Seinfeld always used real products and places. I remember the Wiz huge electronics store with tons of TVs

Jerry rocks Klein mountain bikes just like me. The finest MTB IMO

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Anybody know who this is?

I heard it’s coming after the bills deal

10 hours ago, zevo said:

im pretty sure is he a real estate developer in buffalo

Who is buying all kinds of real estate now

Cannondale-Bicycle-in-Seinfeld-Season-5-

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Jerry rocks Klein mountain bikes just like me. The finest MTB IMO

I've had a couple Kleins in my time.  Beautiful craftsmanship on each and every one.

That said, my old Klein Mantra could be absolutely terrifying on downhills.  That rear suspension would get working and in no time, it was like you were riding a pogo stick down the mountain.  N'yah!

There were also episodes where Jerry had a Cannondale hanging up instead of the Klein. 

Edited by Bad Things
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I've had a couple Kleins in my time.  Beautiful craftsmanship on each and every one.

That said, my old Klein Mantra could be absolutely terrifying on downhills.  That rear suspension would get working and in no time, it was like you were riding a pogo stick down the mountain.  N'yah!

There were also episodes where Jerry had a Cannondale hanging up instead of the Klein. 

Ive had 4 different Kleins.  The first one- I won $5000 blackjack in the 1990s, first thing in am I went down and bought a Klein Attitude fully loaded.  It has well over 100,000 miles and my favorite.  I broke every single part on that bike (have you ever broken a bottom bracket?  Bike mechanics were awed I snapped a RaceFace BB)and replaced with top of the line parts.  That Klein has fallen off my buddies bike rack 55 mph, its dinged up, the paint is worn off mostly, thats still my favorite.

I had a Mantra, and listed it on craigslist.  Some dude says "are you by Groton airport?"(I was at that time).  Long story short, the guy flies in on two seater plane, with his buddy.  He flew in to pick up Klein lol.  So he was telling his buddy how special that bike was, and all the updates he was going to do, he was going to paint, he had big plans for it

I had a klein attitude I built myself, I sold for $1500- some scumbag said he never receieved it.   His mother said he did. That shady dude got me and my perfect rating thrown off ebay.  I had another Klein custom Attitude race bike.  Some scumbag stole it from our garage.  I suspect the painters

I digress.  Klein F-ing rocks!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

The Mantra is such a cool looking bike, but your pogo downhill was it's fatal flaw.  

But I concur the craftsmanship and geometry on Klein's is stellar.  Klein's eat up hills. 

I have a Klein pulse pro I converted to single speed, 48 tooth big chain ring, smallest little chain ring- it's a speed machine! 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, CountDorkula said:

Anybody know who this is?

he has been buying up all sorts of property in Buffalo. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/business/developer-douglas-jemal-continues-to-buy-up-buffalo-wny/71-7cfe3cb8-e0c9-4719-b7da-ea2448b7c44f

and he says he loves a challenge… 😂

But he has nowhere near the net worth of Pegula ($150 million). I’d be very very nervous that we’d be headed back to the Golisano days of extreme penny pinching where the profit margin was always the #1 concern.

Personally, I don’t know that I want the Pegulas to sell.

not sure I buy this rumor anyway. It’s from some random Buffalo fan Twitter account with like 100 followers. There has been a lot of smoke about a sale though.

Edited by BillsFan4