Simms- "Buffalo is the best team in the AFC"

Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I disagree, you certainly can.

Read what I wrote, trace it back.  What if we lose home field advantage due to that loss, that could cost us a playoff game.

If you want to go down that road then KC and Baltimore have both also lost games that could cost them a shot at HF advantage.

Bottom Line:  W1 results rarely impact who wins the big one.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

If you want to go down that road then KC and Baltimore have both also lost games that could cost them a shot at HF advantage.

Bottom Line:  W1 results rarely impact who wins the big one.

I have already stated my opinion, you disagree fine.  Bottom line: One game can make or break a Super Bowl run, mathematical fact.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have already stated my opinion, you disagree fine.  Bottom line: One game can make or break a Super Bowl run, mathematical fact.

Yeah.  Just kind of a dumb statement at this point in the season, if you ask me.  Of course every game counts.  I think the point is that if the Bills play like they are capable of that loss to Pittsburgh will be nothing other than a blip.  But if you want to keep pounding the table about this, rock on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I disagree, you certainly can.

Read what I wrote, trace it back.  What if we lose home field advantage due to that loss, that could cost us a playoff game.

oh wow. i thought it was some sort of an attempt at sarcasm. i didnt think you were being serious.... yikes.

Anyways...Just sitting around getting buzzed on Bills content this week. Harrison is a fairly notorious Bills nay-sayer. 17 minute mark the talk starts about the Bills being the current top team in the AFC. He even goes so far as to say Allen is QB1 in the conference....

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Cleveland might be more of a threat to us than any team in the AFC (IMO). They have a damn good running game, best OL in the NFL and their defense has greatly improved from last season. They were one team I didn't want to face last year in the Playoffs. 

PS: As an Oklahoma State fan/alum.... I HATE Mayfield. I also hate Garrett after what he did to OSU alum, Mason Rudolph. 

• Agree 2

Seems like after three weeks the computer agrees

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/buffalo-bills/espn-computers-no-1-nfl-team-after-week-3/amp

who took over the top spot? That honor belongs to the Buffalo Bills, who dispatched the Washington Football Team this weekend with a dominant 43-21 win.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It can be a factor in regards to HF advantage, however due to the fact Steelers lost, KC lost, and only AFC teams that are 3-0 are Denver and Raiders....All that said, the 1st game loss isn't a factor at this point going into week 4.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

i think we all get that. i dunno why people need to do this.... i'm a fan thats gonna enjoy the ride. not just hold my breathe and wait to see how the end goes.

That's all you can do as a fan. Unless you are an employee of the Bills organization, you have zero control on what happens with the team. 

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

It can be a factor in regards to HF advantage, however due to the fact Steelers lost, KC lost, and only AFC teams that are 3-0 are Denver and Raiders....All that said, the 1st game loss isn't a factor at this point going into week 4.

Its nice that the 3-0 teams have to play each other twice as well!

1 minute ago, Deadstroke said:

We'll need a much better pass rush than we achieved against WFT.

Yeah, didn't noticed AJ Espensa on the field quite as much as last couple games. Unless I'm over thinking it. Didn't seem like it anyways. But WFT OL did a pretty good job, but their QB did run and scramble from pressure a few times.

Anyways, yeah hope to see pressure similar to weeks 2 and 3. But it's like that some games, D won't get good pressure some games and other games they will.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, wppete said:

As of right now we are the most complete and best team in the AFC. I think Cleveland #2, Chargers #3, Broncos #4 and Raiders #5. 

I do think Buffalo #1 and Cleveland #2. I still think KC #3. Yes their D has not looked great but in part that is their O turning the ball over too much and I am not going to hammer a team for losing games that went to the wire vs Baltimore and LAC. They are two good teams. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think Buffalo #1 and Cleveland #2. I still think KC #3. Yes their D has not looked great but in part that is their O turning the ball over too much and I am not going to hammer a team for losing games that went to the wire vs Baltimore and LAC. They are two good teams. 

Yup, also for now at least....looks like Raiders may give them some trouble

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yup, also for now at least....looks like Raiders may give them some trouble

Beat them once last year too. I wonder though about their run game which hasn't looked as potent in 2021 so far. The book on beating KC is run it well and pressure Mahomes. 

21 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Cleveland might be more of a threat to us than any team in the AFC (IMO). They have a damn good running game, best OL in the NFL and their defense has greatly improved from last season. They were one team I didn't want to face last year in the Playoffs. 

PS: As an Oklahoma State fan/alum.... I HATE Mayfield. I also hate Garrett after what he did to OSU alum, Mason Rudolph. 

I feel exactly the same way. I don’t like that matchup at all.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Simms and his daddy,  and Mel Kiper are the only talking heads on TV that gushed about Josh Allen coming out in the draft....and even after his rookie year.  So I gotta continue to give them all credit.

I'll add one more. Brady Quinn was on NBC sports and said he loved Allen after his rookie year after the games he won and how he carried the team with absolutely no weapons.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Beat them once last year too. I wonder though about their run game which hasn't looked as potent in 2021 so far. The book on beating KC is run it well and pressure Mahomes. 

So last year i wasnt confident we could do this but would you agree, after what we've seen over the last 2 weeks, that we may be able to chew them up on the ground this year? and i'm just spitballing here but might Jones having been moved to the edge made the teeth of their D more vunerable this year and thats what we're seeing with them?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So last year i wasnt confident we could do this but would you agree, after what we've seen over the last 2 weeks, that we may be able to chew them up on the ground this year? and i'm just spitballing here but might Jones having been moved to the edge made the teeth of their D more vunerable this year and thats what we're seeing with them?

Yea somewhat encouraged. You don't need to run it a lot... but Ekler had 11 for 55 at 5 ypc on Sunday and that was enough to keep them off balance. Really been impressed by Moss the last two weeks. I think the KC game suits his style more than Devin's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It seems to me that KC's backyard football style may be catching up with them. They win that game against the charger if Mahommes doesnt try to get on ESPN with a no look pass 

He missed a TD last year doing that same BS.