Jump to content

Dolphins similar to early 2010 Bills?


Recommended Posts

I saw some Bills fans complaining that Josh’s stats yesterday weren’t that great. Specifically,  17/33, and 178 passing yards. To me, these numbers aren’t anything to be ashamed of. But the Dolphins have a legit defense.

 

 

Miami right now remind me of the Bills in the Doug Marrone/EJ Manuel era. Phenomenal defense, with a young unproven QB, and shake O-Line.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

in addition to the D and a legit coach who keeps on beating the Pats, next year they have the most cap space,plus they are maturing (they had a ton of picks over past two years) and would likely be in the running for a Watson trade (he makes them a contender, cool city, great weather, no state tax, etc)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So so sick of hearing about what a great coach Flores is.   He is a below average head coach who is overrated by the media, and in turn by fans.   Its a case of, if someone hears it enough they believe it.   Can someone please tell me what makes him a good head coach?  He is below .500, has never had a top ten unit on the side of the ball he specializes in, and currently has two offensive coordinators.    His highest paid player just said he wasnt surprised at the effort the team gave.    Unless they can somehow trade for the walking lawsuit in Houston he isnt making the playoffs this year either.    The Coach and GM both need to be shown the door.

 

They have way more talent, and top draft picks than the Bills ever had on offense in the early 2010's, especially the Chan teams.   

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So so sick of hearing about what a great coach Flores is.   He is a below average head coach who is overrated by the media, and in turn by fans.   Its a case of, if someone hears it enough they believe it.   Can someone please tell me what makes him a good head coach?  He is below .500, has never had a top ten unit on the side of the ball he specializes in, and currently has two offensive coordinators.    His highest paid player just said he wasnt surprised at the effort the team gave.    Unless they can somehow trade for the walking lawsuit in Houston he isnt making the playoffs this year either.    The Coach and GM both need to be shown the door.

 

They have way more talent, and top draft picks than the Bills ever had on offense in the early 2010's, especially the Chan teams.   

I was a Flores fan until yesterday.  And no it is not all media hype,  IF you recall he was handed a team in disarray, they traded away some solid talent (Laramie Tunsel, Minkah Fitzpatrick ) to build up picks and all assumed he was "tanking for Tua".  Well he ended up winning what, 5 games when they werent "supposed" to win many and the next year just missed the payoffs.  He first year results were, imo, spectacular,.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was a Flores fan until yesterday.  And no it is not all media hype,  IF you recall he was handed a team in disarray, they traded away some solid talent (Laramie Tunsel, Minkah Fitzpatrick ) to build up picks and all assumed he was "tanking for Tua".  Well he ended up winning what, 5 games when they werent "supposed" to win many and the next year just missed the payoffs.  He first year results were, imo, spectacular,.

To me, I still see a team in disarray, and I think it probably has more to do with the owner than Flores.   But when I look at what he has been able to do since he has been there it doesnt impress me.   They've never been better than 10th in defense when it comes to points or yardage, and they have plenty of talent on that side of the ball.   The Tua pick, predictably, was terrible.   And anyone involved in it should be gone at the end of this year.  

 

Their organizational awareness is God awful.  They spent 1st round picks and money to build an offense of jump ball and speed wideouts on a team with a weak armed, injury prone QB who sits behind a terrible offensive line.   They refuse to play Gesicki more because he doesnt block well, eventhough he is the perfect foil for a weak armed QB who throws the ball quickly.   The team comes across cocky and dirty to me, similar attitude to the Titans, who have actually earned a little of the right to do so.   If the team's owner has any brains in his head, he will not give up 5 draft picks and players to let this coaching staff and front office to throw some sort of hail mary to get Watson, nor do I let them draft the next QB as they dont seem to have much of an eye for talent outside of spending chunks of cash on free agents.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

To me, I still see a team in disarray, and I think it probably has more to do with the owner than Flores.   But when I look at what he has been able to do since he has been there it doesnt impress me.   They've never been better than 10th in defense when it comes to points or yardage, and they have plenty of talent on that side of the ball.   The Tua pick, predictably, was terrible.   And anyone involved in it should be gone at the end of this year.  

 

Their organizational awareness is God awful.  They spent 1st round picks and money to build an offense of jump ball and speed wideouts on a team with a weak armed, injury prone QB who sits behind a terrible offensive line.   They refuse to play Gesicki more because he doesnt block well, eventhough he is the perfect foil for a weak armed QB who throws the ball quickly.   The team comes across cocky and dirty to me, similar attitude to the Titans, who have actually earned a little of the right to do so.   If the team's owner has any brains in his head, he will not give up 5 draft picks and players to let this coaching staff and front office to throw some sort of hail mary to get Watson, nor do I let them draft the next QB as they dont seem to have much of an eye for talent outside of spending chunks of cash on free agents.   

 

As I wrote, until yesterday AND as I wrote earlier today, Dolphins lucked out in that NE win.  I agree, the team looks now in disarray.  I also agree, I have NEVER been a fan  with the Tua pick, he is too small too frail.  How much of what you describe are GM or Owners decisions versus HC?

 

 I also wrote Flores could be on the hot seat by mid-season this year,

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So so sick of hearing about what a great coach Flores is.   He is a below average head coach who is overrated by the media, and in turn by fans.   Its a case of, if someone hears it enough they believe it.   Can someone please tell me what makes him a good head coach?  He is below .500, has never had a top ten unit on the side of the ball he specializes in, and currently has two offensive coordinators.    His highest paid player just said he wasnt surprised at the effort the team gave.    Unless they can somehow trade for the walking lawsuit in Houston he isnt making the playoffs this year either.    The Coach and GM both need to be shown the door.

 

They have way more talent, and top draft picks than the Bills ever had on offense in the early 2010's, especially the Chan teams.   

 

I think his 2019 and 2020 teams outperformed their talent in terms of win total. The 2021 might well underperform its talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

 

As I wrote, until yesterday AND as I wrote earlier today, Dolphins lucked out in that NE win.  I agree, the team looks now in disarray.  I also agree, I have NEVER been a fan  with the Tua pick, he is too small too frail.  How much of what you describe are GM or Owners decisions versus HC?

 

 I also wrote Flores could be on the hot seat by mid-season this year,

100% get where you're coming from.  And you're right, a lot of it, if not most of it has to do with the front office.    I just look at what he has done since he's been the coach and it doesnt impress me as such as it does others.     With the amount of money they've spent, and the amount of draft capital they've acquired I'd expect a better result on the field.    The defense is good, not great and at times during his tenure its been bad.    They also tend to play sloppy football which is also a reflection on him.   Bottom line is I am glad I am not a fan of their team, and I think we both are happy to be Bills' fans.  Go Bills!

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So so sick of hearing about what a great coach Flores is.   He is a below average head coach who is overrated by the media, and in turn by fans.   Its a case of, if someone hears it enough they believe it.   Can someone please tell me what makes him a good head coach? 

 

He is like a Biewer Terrier which has a great pedigree.

Biewer-Terrier-standing-on-a-white-backg

 

In his case it from New England's GOAT (cheater). 

 

No other attributes.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anything yesterday proved why the Dolphins aren't crazy talking to the Texans about Watson (and why they now may be more motivated than ever to make that move to salvage the season).

 

I still think they have a very good roster and will win somewhere around 10 games again with or without a QB change but the Bills are simply a bad matchup for them similar to the many years of our suffering at the hands of the Patriots when Brady was there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I saw some Bills fans complaining that Josh’s stats yesterday weren’t that great. Specifically,  17/33, and 178 passing yards. To me, these numbers aren’t anything to be ashamed of. But the Dolphins have a legit defense.

 

 

Miami right now remind me of the Bills in the Doug Marrone/EJ Manuel era. Phenomenal defense, with a young unproven QB, and shake O-Line.

It’s not a perfect comparison given the college careers and draft status but there are similarities.  
 

Fans really want Tua/EJ to succeed and will make a million excuses for him, despite the fact he doesn’t really pass the “eye test” and it doesn’t seem the org is 100% behind him.  
 

The funniest argument from Miami fans was using Tua’s 7-3 record as starter as evidence why he is a better QB than Justin Herbert.  It’s funny but Fitzpatrick won one of those starts for him and the Miami defense won the other 2 with a turnover to end the game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...