Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

On 9/15/2021 at 12:01 AM, NewEra said:

The chiefs didn’t have anything close to an elite defense.  Our OL just got destroyed and our coaching failed.

I don’t think the ravens were elite either tbh…..one of the best in the league last year, but it was a year devoid of dominant defenses imo.  Tampa with vea was dominant.  I don’t think any other D was “elite”

this years steeler d looked to have the makings of an elite defense. Watt + Hayward might be the best 1-2 punch along the front 4 in the league.  And they were missing Tuitt, who I’ve always been a fan of.  Eager to see if they dominate everyone the way they dominated our OL.  Minkah played a helluva game. Schobert and Bush are both solid vs in coverage as nickel Lbers.  Haden kept Diggs in check.  Time will tell if they’re elite, but I was really impressed with their performance.  

The gusty cold winds the night of the Baltimore playoff would have stymied any NFL offense.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Losing Micah Hyde would be huge, especially since we let Dean Marlow walk in FA.

IMHO the Bills have traditionally erred on the side of playing injured players.  It's been said that some of the Bills backups would be starting on other teams.  Time to show more (1,1) sets and play 3 WR, but also time to see what Kumerow can do on Sunday.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I doubt that. The Chiefs(with a fully intact offensive line) would’ve found ways to put up points.

The Chiefs were obviously better than us, so maybe.. 

Perhaps they could’ve put up points with some RAC by Kelce and Hill and a more competent running game threat, but that game was truly ridiculous from a weather perspective.   That game would’ve been ugly, likely no matter who played in it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Chiefs were obviously better than us, so maybe.. 

Perhaps they could’ve put up points with some RAC by Kelce and Hill and a more competent running game threat, but that game was truly ridiculous from a weather perspective.   That game would’ve been ugly, likely no matter who played in it. 

I think the thing the Chiefs had, that we frankly didn't and perhaps still don't, is the YAC threat.  Kelce has it because he's just so big, he can gain 4 more yds while you're trying to bring him down.  Hill has it because he's just so fast that if you miss once, he's gone.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

When or IF?

👀

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The gusty cold winds the night of the Baltimore playoff would have stymied any NFL offense.

The Bills also missed 2 FGs and Gabe Davis dropped what should have been a sure TD. They settled for three on that. That's 10 points lost. Finally, they ground out the clock after they went up 17-3 and Jackson went down.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

So Moss will be active sounds like. Need to pound the rock and do something a little different anyways. Miami does have good corners 

We’ve literally torched their defense passing the ball so let’s just keep doing that. K thanks

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

weren't we told Moss was a healthy scratch at the time?

That confused me at first, but I THINK what he is saying is that because he missed time in training camp, they felt he wasn't as ready as others, so they benched him....even though he was healthy last week.  So, scratched because of the previous injury...even though he had recovered from it.