Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Let’s see. You mention Jefferson Chase and Smith. Ummm all are not as good as Diggs. Now you want to compare No2s. The reality is 

can someone TELL ME WHY Davis only got 38% of the snaps?  He should absolutely be on the field more than Sanders. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see. You mention Jefferson Chase and Smith. Ummm all are not as good as Diggs. Now you want to compare No2s. The reality is 

can someone TELL ME WHY Davis only got 38% of the snaps?  He should absolutely be on the field more than Sanders. 

Yes I’m not comparing Diggs to those guys. I’m saying we lack a true #2 that can just dominate when we need it most. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Plenty of teams might have better 1/2/3 WRs than the Bills.  

What sets us apart is that our 1 is elite and our 2/3/4 are very good.  

Most of the good 1/2/3’s don’t have a 4 like Gabriel Davis. 

Which is fine, but I’m a firm believer you need a high profile #2 WR to win tough games like today. It’s why we struggled against the Chiefs. I feel like a TE or a #2 WR is lacking and making the difference. However Brady accomplished a lot without star power WRs. Hopefully Allen can elevate those around him more than he’s done, because today hurt a bit considering our offense weapons aren’t horrible. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes I’m not comparing Diggs to those guys. I’m saying we lack a true #2 that can just dominate when we need it most. 

Who are their NO2s?  

Davis is a great WR2. Sanders is a WR2 (though think he shouldn’t outsnap Davis). 

Wideouts are fine. Steelers had a great defensive game plan and the Bills (I guess Daboll mainly) was very arrogant and hard headed calling plays trying to force his way knowing they game planned for it.

Probably should have mixed it up more, looked like the AFCCG without the explosive offense of KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If the Bills expect to carry this season with their offence and passing then Beanne needs another elite play maker on offence or teams will just double Diggs.  I would even give Brown a call because he knows this offence and was never healthy last season.

End the day close games are won with teams that have big time difference making players,  that could be another WR/TE or even RB

Yeah I agree with other posters here, the WRs are fine. I'm not going to start comparing WR2s and WR3s across the league. 

Our problem still lies in the trenches. I appreciate Beane grabbing two in the draft; hope they pan out, because Feliciano is whatever and Ford has disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Who are their NO2s?  

Davis is a great WR2. Sanders is a WR2 (though think he shouldn’t outsnap Davis). 

Thielen, Higgins. So then why can’t Allen get over this small hump? He has talent, today hurt considering all things. He should be elevating the players around us more than he’s doing. Is it because of Dabolls play calling or is it something else? 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Thielen, Higgins. So then why can’t Allen get over this small hump? He has talent, today hurt considering all things. He should be elevating the players around us more than he’s doing. Is it because of Dabolls play calling or is it something else? 

Is he a top QB?  Top QBs make their WRs better. There are more then enough weapons for him. He played bad today. Bottomline. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yeah I agree with other posters here, the WRs are fine. I'm not going to start comparing WR2s and WR3s across the league. 

Our problem still lies in the trenches. I appreciate Beane grabbing two in the draft; hope they pan out, because Feliciano is whatever and Ford has disappointed. 

The problem is today was a big boy game. Chiefs are a big boy game. Tampa Bay is a big boy game. If our WRs are fine, then Allen has to win these games with the talent around him. Allen missed a wide open Sanders today, which doesn’t help. I’m just trying to figure out where the problem is. I feel Allen should be performing better with the talent he does have in these tough match ups, which makes me think Daboll or our #2WR is the weakest link. 

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

If the Bills expect to carry this season with their offence and passing then Beanne needs another elite play maker on offence or teams will just double Diggs.  I would even give Brown a call because he knows this offence and was never healthy last season.

End the day close games are won with teams that have big time difference making players,  that could be another WR/TE or even RB

Why double Diggs. 

drop 7 and 8 and make Allen be accurate. Everytime a team has done that (and got pressure -this is Key). Allen has struggled 

• Haha (+1) 1