162 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win TNF

• Dallas
    • Tampa Bay
  2. 2. Who do you hate less

• Cowboys
    • Brady

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the push off was relatively minimal. There was enough to call it but it wasn't a must call and they give you more rope inside those last 2 minutes. 

I dunno.  There was extension, and I don't think he catches it without it.  And if they are calling multiple holds on the Cowboys the previous drive, they should call that OPI. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

It was a great game! 

Brady doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.  Dak as well with not much playing time.

Gronk is still a factor and as much as I despise Antonio Brown this is the type of signing that Brady brushes aside the personal side of things as it advances his team forward to win a ring.

I worry about our defensive backfield having to try and contain all those weapons. 

I wouldn’t have thrown a flag at the end. I didnt think it was so bad.  Refs will let them play and there doesn’t seem to be any real uproar this morning about it.

I remember back in my late teens when 300 yards passing was the bar for a great game. Now we are pushing 400-500 yards lol

Lost in this discussion about the non call....

Pretty poor clock management by the Cowboys on their final drive. They should not have left so much time for Brady.

Similar situation at the end of the first half where, despite Zeke, they should have run more. Too much reliance on the passing game. Yea, I know the TB defense is tough against the run but have to show variety on O.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, mannc said:

Carolina is going to regret giving McCaffrey that second contract, too, if they aren’t already.

Football has changed a little bit since then…

Very few teams run the ball. In the old days a close game would mean lots of running but those are gone. I'm also hoping "establish the run" goes away too. 

51 minutes ago, nucci said:

Very few teams run the ball. In the old days a close game would mean lots of running but those are gone. I'm also hoping "establish the run" goes away too. 

While a team with heavy reliance on the run game may not get deep in the playoffs, they will still see success when supported by a good D. Presumably, the Pats** are intending to do that till they know more about Jones' passing skills in real games.

I know the days of run-dominated games are gone but there has to be a credible threat to run. Chews the clock, keeps the D honest, wears out a D, keeps an opposing high-powered offense off the field .....

The Bills certainly could have used a better run game last season. Their most credible threat cannot & should not be Allen. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Funny this morning, Cowboys and media gushing about Dak....who basically was the guy he's always been; huge statline but takes the L.

This has been Dak's and Kellwn Moore's MO....

Cowboys will be marginally relevant non contender...same as the past 25 years.

the loss is on Prescott?

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Carolina is going to regret giving McCaffrey that second contract, too, if they aren’t already.

Football has changed a little bit since then…

Maybe not.  Last night reinforced that this is a passing league.  And McCaffrey is by far the best pass catching RB in the NFL.  And he can still get you the tough yards between the tackle when needed.  If CMAC can stay healthy he might be catching over 150 passes this season. At the same time his traditional RB carries could drop in half which will help his longevity.

I would basically treat CMAC as a WR with the versatility to carry the ball on read option plays, short yardage and draws.  He might put up monster numbers this year.  I can see the Bills using Moss & Singleterry this way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

The Cowboys with Dak have always been able to put up yards and points. Their problem is defense and closing out games.

I think they are the same team that has been underperforming for years. But, they probably will make the playoffs because the NFC is weak.

Last nights game seemed a lot like last years early season losses where Dak and the Cowboys put up massive yardage totals and scored points but not enough to win.  I still see some of the red zone issues they had last season.

Sure the Cowboys defense struggled and their kicker didn't help them out but they were +3 on turnovers which mans they should have won.  And if the TO's were even Tampa probably wins this game by two scores.

Zak and the Cowboys offense reminds me of those Detroit offenses with Mathew Strafford and Megatron.  They scored points and got yards but didn't win as many games as they should have.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

While a team with heavy reliance on the run game may not get deep in the playoffs, they will still see success when supported by a good D. Presumably, the Pats** are intending to do that till they know more about Jones' passing skills in real games.

I know the days of run-dominated games are gone but there has to be a credible threat to run. Chews the clock, keeps the D honest, wears out a D, keeps an opposing high-powered offense off the field .....

The Bills certainly could have used a better run game last season. Their most credible threat cannot & should not be Allen. 

I think throwing 50 times a game wears out the D more than running....Tampa did not really have a credible run threat. Brady was killing the LBs in coverage

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If that happens mid 3rd Quarter it is OPI but there is a kind of unwritten understanding that the officials try to avoid deciding games late with contentious calls. I was fine with the no call there. I thought it was OPI but it was not egregious.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the push off was relatively minimal. There was enough to call it but it wasn't a must call and they give you more rope inside those last 2 minutes. 

This is backwards thinking.

Just call a consistent game for 60 minutes.

Do you think there was enough to call DPI on Davis in that Rams win last year? It was minimal, but it was DPI and they called it. I guess they weren't following this "unwritten 2 minute rule."

What a bunch of malarkey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Last nights game seemed a lot like last years early season losses where Dak and the Cowboys put up massive yardage totals and scored points but not enough to win.  I still see some of the red zone issues they had last season.

Sure the Cowboys defense struggled and their kicker didn't help them out but they were +3 on turnovers which mans they should have won.  And if the TO's were even Tampa probably wins this game by two scores.

Zak and the Cowboys offense reminds me of those Detroit offenses with Mathew Strafford and Megatron.  They scored points and got yards but didn't win as many games as they should have.

460 yards of offense and 29 points and it's on the offense?

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dak played a good game and I don't want to take anything away from that, but "unstoppable"?

Punt-TD-Punt-Missed FG-TD on a Fumble just outside the redzone - Field Goal off an INT -  Missed FG - FG - Interception - TD - FG -Punt

Is that what you call "unstoppable"?  

Looks to me like they settled for FG attempts 5x

Also got 9 points instead of 14 off 2 turnovers

Again, saw some good stuff from Dak this game, but the Dallas offense reminds me of the Bills offense in 2019 where we did good things

Just not enough of them, and settled for 3 points instead of 7 too often.

Three points would have been more than enuf if the Cowboys had a kicker.

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

For the most part Dak was moving the ball up and down the field at will…. Still don’t understand the fan obsession with running the ball for the sake of running the ball…. And yes, Allen should be and is the most credible threat… any time you run the ball you take the ball out of the hands of the best playmaker on the Bills offense. 

gotta "establish the run"

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Funny this morning, Cowboys and media gushing about Dak....who basically was the guy he's always been; huge statline but takes the L.

The loss is NOT on Prescott. But while I did think he was pretty good, I also really thought how I'm glad the Bills have Josh! He's better, period. I guess my point is that Dak is very good, but the media go overboard in praising him. Weird. He is what I feared Josh could be: very good but not elite. Thankfully, we know how it turned out yesssssss

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh has got to be like a hungry dog looking at a steak watching the Bucs secondary 

I agree! Their DL is awesome and put pressure all night long. LBs seem very good too. Yet the secondary got burned time and time again.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

This is backwards thinking.

Do you think there was enough to call DPI on Davis in that Rams win last year? It was minimal, but it was DPI and they called it. I guess they weren't following this "unwritten 2 minute rule."

What a bunch of malarkey.

I thought the Bills were lucky to get that call but yes I think it was DPI. 

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Lost in this discussion about the non call....

Pretty poor clock management by the Cowboys on their final drive. They should not have left so much time for Brady.

Similar situation at the end of the first half where, despite Zeke, they should have run more. Too much reliance on the passing game. Yea, I know the TB defense is tough against the run but have to show variety on O.

That would have required taking Zeke out. Because he was slower than me last night. I did think they should have given Pollard a few more carries 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1