SI Predicts Bills Win AFC East at 11-6, tied with Pats(Wildcard)...LMAO

Big Turk

And then there's this from the Athletic: 32 bold and not-so-bold NFL predictions for 2021

New England Patriots: They miss the playoffs.

Mac Jones had a nice summer, but as mentioned repeatedly in this space, it’s really hard for rookie quarterbacks to come into the league and be good right away. Could Jones light it up from the get-go? Sure. Is that the most likely outcome? No. Adding Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne, Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith is fine. But are opposing defensive coordinators really losing sleep figuring out how to stop those guys? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean, why isn't that the narrative for every other team then? Most don't have the talent the Bills do from top to bottom on this roster.

Don’t ask me, ask the pundits. I’m just saying it’s not unreasonable to say “yeah, they’ve got the talent, let’s see if they can keep it up and take the next step this year.”

And then of course there’s the contrarians who know the way to get a rise out of BillsMafia is by criticizing the Bills, not praise them. 

We’re tantalizingly close. 

You'd think Mac Jones was the best prospect since Andrew Luck reading some of these prognostications. I don't care what team or coach you're talking about, rookie QBs very rarely make an impact. Just like every other rookie QB he will make a couple rookie mistakes that cost his team games.

After watching Brady go from having the worst year of his career to being a Super Bowl champion in a new city I thought the magical sheen of the Patriots would have worn off. They are still a rebuilding roster with no elite offensive skill players and, again, a rookie QB (who was by no means an elite prospect). They are a less than .500 roster with a elite coach that might earn them 2 wins above their expected. I'll predict 8-9.

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bingo Donuts—why does the schedule automatically hurt only us? Aren’t the other guys the ones who need to knock their W-L record projections down a peg based on the fact BUFFALO is on their schedule? 🧐

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bingo Donuts—why does the schedule automatically hurt only us? Aren’t the other guys the ones who need to knock their W-L record projections down a peg based on the fact BUFFALO is on their schedule? 🧐

https://www.google.com/search?q=2021+patriots+schedule&client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=WxI1YdLEMKOl5NoPhJGDmAQ&oq=2021+patriots+&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIFCAAQkQIyBQgAEJECMgUIABCABDILCAAQgAQQsQMQgwEyBQgAEJECMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQ6BwgAEEcQsAM6CgguELADEEMQkwI6BggAEAcQHjoICAAQCBAHEB46BggAEAgQHjoFCAAQhgM6BggAEBYQHkoECEEYAFCvQFiEemDtlQFoAXACeACAAW6IAaYHkgEEMTAuMZgBAKABAcgBCcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz#sie=t;/m/05g3b;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

Amen, Brother HUDS.  Additionally, forgive me for not losing sleep on a team we haven’t lost to since 2019. 😁😉

btw, rundown the schedule yourselves.  I could see them making a strong start, but I have them at 9-8.  10-7 if I am being generous. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne

sorry for the multiple attempts to link to their schedule.  

Losses to Tampa, Dallas, Cleveland, Tennessee, and us twice gets you to six.  7 if you want….I think San Diego can beat them.

and that’s sweeping Miami which I gave them for the sake of argument, but I think is unlikely.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Many of these publications consider Belichick a God. They do the same with Phil Jackson in the NBA, but what has either of these guys accomplished without the GOATs in these leagues? Phil when he went to NY wrecked the team for years. Bill in Cleveland, the same. The Bill and Phil were the wizards behind the curtain. 

It sounds crazy to most when they hear me say it but Belichick still has to prove himself. Bottom line.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

btw, rundown the schedule yourselves.  I could see them making a strong start, but I have them at 9-8.  10-7 if I am being generous. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne

sorry for the multiple attempts to link to their schedule.  

Losses to Tampa, Dallas, Cleveland, Tennessee, and us twice gets you to six.  7 if you want….I think San Diego can beat them.

and that’s sweeping Miami which I gave them for the sake of argument, but I think is unlikely.  

They beat San Diego last season 45-0 w Cam Newton and the Covid lineup. Herbert had 2 picks, again that was with their Covid roster.  

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

It's gonna take more than one year to reverse 20 years of one-sided games to a neutral fan.    

An analogy would be the Twins and the Yankees.  The Twins couldn't and can't beat the Yankees to save their lives.  As a fan of neither team it would take more than one year of Minnesota success against them for me to believe the Twins could compete with the Yankees 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

SI isn't a person. It doesn't have one opinion. It's many people with many opinions.

And while we may have to go back two or three years because Allen surprised so much last year, it just would not be so difficult  to find some. They don't have anything against us. They don't really care.

Oh, and I'd argue Belichick did a fine job of coaching last year in getting that roster to seven wins. The biggest part of that dynasty was Brady, IMO, but that doesn't mean Belichick isn't damn good. He is.

I thought SI was a robot? Like the ones from Blade Runner. Where's Harrison Ford when you need him...

19 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

They beat San Diego last season 45-0 w Cam Newton and the Covid lineup. Herbert had 2 picks, again that was with their Covid roster.  

So.  What does that have to do with anything?  SD had a bad game that week.  2 special teams scores and turning the ball over on their half of the field twice led to 28 of those points by themselves.  That flukey crap doesn't happen that much in one game often.  Except for maybe Miami who seemed to benefit from the flukey stuff all season last year.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That was last year.  I take it from your comment then you a guaranteeing a Pats* win against the Chargers this year?

If we are going to say "that was last year" then that applies to every game against every team this year, right? Yes i do. I don't think think SD will be a problem, BB in general has never had an issue beating any SD Chargers team. 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So.  What does that have to do with anything?  SD had a bad game that week.  2 special teams scores and turning the ball over on their half of the field twice led to 28 of those points by themselves.  That flukey crap doesn't happen that much in one game often.  Except for maybe Miami who seemed to benefit from the flukey stuff all season last year.

So we are going to go with the any given sunday logic, which is fine. So why we "mad" that SI has the bills at 11-6? Any given sunday right?

Edited by Ghost_002!

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

If we are going to say "that was last year" then that applies to every game against every team this year, right? Yes i do. I don't think think SD will be a problem, with. BB in general has never had an issue beating any SD Chargers team. 

OK.  I just wanted you to give me the "guarantee".

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

OK.  I just wanted you to give me the "guarantee".

Is that what i did? "i dont think SD will be a problem...."

some how that means i guaranteed something? And even if i did and they don't and? Some Bills fans think they are going to win the SB this year, and if they don't?

5 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

So we are going to go with the any given sunday logic, which is fine. So why we "mad" that SI has the bills at 11-6? Any given sunday right?

Im not mad.  I disagree with it but if anything I think it's funny.  Yes, I do believe in any given Sunday.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not mad.  I disagree with it but if anything I think it's funny.  Yes, I do believe in any given Sunday.

It's all the same once you stop thinking as a "homer" (not directing that at you) I don't think Bills will go 11-6 either, I think their record will be better than that, but if not. 11-6 is not a bad record and they are still in the playoffs and would still be a threat to be in the SB. 

• Like (+1) 1