AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Huh? I'm guessing you just don't go to a lot of concerts...

If the only concerts you go to are stadium concerts at the Ralph, then you have been to a total of 5 since 2015.  Where are all of these stadiums shows?  Why hasn’t the county booked a ton of them over the past several years, if as you claim, there are so many just waiting to come to town?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the only concerts you go to are stadium concerts at the Ralph, then you have been to a total of 5 since 2015.  Where are all of these stadiums shows?  Why hasn’t the county booked a ton of them over the past several years, if as you claim, there are so many just waiting to come to town?

Okay, you're talking about just the Ralph for some reason...

Irrelevant to what the Pegulas could try to do in a new stadium.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Okay, you're talking about just the Ralph for some reason...

Irrelevant to what the Pegulas could try to do in a new stadium.

Who are they going to fill a stadium with?  What’s prevented them from doing these things since they have been at Highmark (if you prefer)? Why haven’t they been bringing in all these acts you figure are out there?  

Simple question. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Who are they going to fill a stadium with?  What’s prevented them from doing these things since they have been at Highmark (if you prefer)? Why haven’t they been bringing in all these acts you figure are out there?  

Simple question. 

It sounds like you assume they're trying really hard but no one wants to come to Buffalo. The amount of shows around the country prove there are acts out there.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It sounds like you assume they're trying really hard but no one wants to come to Buffalo. The amount of shows around the country prove there are acts out there.

Definitely acts out there all over the country

But the amount of acts out there that could fill stadium shows are slim pickings 

The New stadium is going to be a football stadium 

I'm sure they will try to book a a few shows a year.. but there's not a lot of Acts filling up stadiums 

There's a huge difference between filling an arena like HSBC and a stadium like the Ralph

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No I’m assuming there aren’t many stadium sized concerts touring NFL stadiums now.  Because their aren’t.

You’re struggling with this simple fact.  Pick a stadium. ATT in Dallas? One concert—next June.  Allegiant in Las Vegas….1 concert for the rest of 2021. 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely acts out there all over the country

But the amount of acts out there that could fill stadium shows are slim pickings 

The New stadium is going to be a football stadium 

I'm sure they will try to book a a few shows a year.. but there's not a lot of Acts filling up stadiums 

There's a huge difference between filling an arena like HSBC and a stadium like the Ralph

I think doing what Seattle did with the concert hall built into the stadium makes a ton of sense.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well you don't know what they are offering to pay.  The only report published was "nothing".  So this statement is obviously false.

And you believe that report?  LOL!

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Stadium shows are few and far between.  You’re talking the top 1% of musical acts that can fill a stadium.  There might be 15 or so acts across genres and generations. And not all of those acts tour regularly enough to count on booking them as part of a plan to use the stadium for more than football.

it’s a stadium that will be meant for football, with the odd concert and alternative programming thrown in.  No, it doesn’t make sense to spend billions on a stadium, but it’s happening and is the cost of doing business with pro sports.  Stop trying to make it make sense and enjoy the fact that your team will be in its city of origin for future generations.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

And you believe that report?  LOL!

So they opened a Polestar showroom on 66th Street.  Beautiful cars.  I test drove one and go back in to talk turkey.   Guy says "what do you think?".  I says "I love that car and I want it.   I will offer you no money at all and you will give it to me for nothing or I will take my business elsewhere".

I'm still waiting to hear back.  I'm not worried though, because I'm certain that anyone else who could afford to pay for the car will also offer them nothing for it as well!

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So they opened a Polestar showroom on 66th Street.  Beautiful cars.  I test drove one and go back in to talk turkey.   Guy says "what do you think?".  I says "I love that car and I want it.   I will offer you no money at all and you will give it to me for nothing or I will take my business elsewhere".

I'm still waiting to hear back.  I'm not worried though, because I'm certain that anyone else who could afford to pay for the car will also offer them nothing for it as well!

Cool story (Polestar is like the XFL of electric cars). But it has nothing to do with the current situation. You bought a false claim. 

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cool story (Polestar is like the XFL of electric cars). But it has nothing to do with the current situation. You bought a false claim

Haven't bought it yet, waiting to hear back--maybe they are actually "studying" a "plan"...to give me even more than I was asking for!---like free lifetime maintenance!  Or a second car!  Right??

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Haven't bought it yet, waiting to hear back--maybe they are actually "studying" a "plan"...to give me even more than I was asking for!---like free lifetime maintenance!  Or a second car!  Right??

if they don’t give you what you want, take your business elsewhere. Sound familiar?

Again, you bought a lie because you wanted to. The real question is: why? And don’t make me laugh (again) by claiming “hero worship.”

SO this just came out of Tempe, Arizona last week. They are building basically a compound for the same price as just a stadium.

Granted 19K seats V 60K you will see a cost difference, but something seems off.

More importantly, its privately funded. 

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/coyotes-put-in-1-7-billion-proposal-to-build-arena-in-tempe

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Coyotes have proposed a $1.7 billion development in Tempe that will include a hockey arena.

Renderings released Monday by the Coyotes include proposed restaurants, shops and apartments on a 46-acre tract of land near downtown.

The team said the arena would be funded by private investors, but would seek city sales tax revenues to help pay for $200 million in additional costs, including infrastructure work.

Edited by CountDorkula

1 hour ago, Doc said:

if they don’t give you what you want, take your business elsewhere. Sound familiar?

Again, you bought a lie because you wanted to. The real question is: why? And don’t make me laugh (again) by claiming “hero worship.”

That’s my plan.  There will be no shortage of dealers willing to give me a new car for next to nothing.  

What was the lie I bought?  

16 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

SO this just came out of Tempe, Arizona last week. They are building basically a compound for the same price as just a stadium.

Granted 19K seats V 60K you will see a cost difference, but something seems off.

More importantly, its privately funded. 

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/coyotes-put-in-1-7-billion-proposal-to-build-arena-in-tempe

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Coyotes have proposed a $1.7 billion development in Tempe that will include a hockey arena.

Renderings released Monday by the Coyotes include proposed restaurants, shops and apartments on a 46-acre tract of land near downtown.

The team said the arena would be funded by private investors, but would seek city sales tax revenues to help pay for $200 million in additional costs, including infrastructure work.

The difference is materials and labor costs — 100% union will be mandated in anything NYS puts a dime into, and companies will / have to bid higher to cover the far higher taxes. You’re expecting them to just eat the tax differences? Everything is at a premium in NYS and the northeast.

Not to mention that there’s always a certain level of graft / kickbacks factored into big projects like this in the area. That’s just the reality.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.