Bills and Steelers to get #2 CBS announcing team

Greg S

20 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Most interesting fact is after week 1 we do not have another game on CBS until the Dolphins week 8

So watching on the UK I almost always have to watch the Bills on the International Game Pass, except for when they are the live game on UK tv. Most previous years I watched 12/13 games that way. Last year that number was 5. Both Jet games, both Dolphins games and vs Chargers. The rest were live televised in the UK.

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Who thinks Rousseau should gain another thirty pounds and be Super Mario clone (but without the injuries and suspect effort.)

Or, should he stay at his current weight and be more of a Simeon Rice copy?

The way he moves I can see a Super Mario. Groot is just so strong already, imagine him with thirty f***ing pounds of muscle added on to that frame!

Or, he could learn tons more of pass rushing moves and play more with speed and athleticism. Develop an arsenal of pass rushing moves?

Did Rousseau retire already and start his next career as a CBS announcer? Jeez what a bust.

Edited by NobesBLO13

I would love to have Romo on more Bills games, but that crew is pretty good too

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

I am going to catch a lot of flack for this. I am ready. 

Am I the only one who actually likes Jim Nance and Tony Romo?

Romo is excellent. I don't mind Nance, but he's not great either.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, there was something depressing about hearing them, especially late in the season when we knew the playoffs were once again out of reach.

I know I sound like a grouchy old guy but I do miss so many of the old announcers who are no longer with us. Dick Enberg is an obvious one (loved him, to me he is the voice of the NFL, not Pat Summerall) but also Charlie Jones, who will live forever as the guy who called the Bills Oilers game ("you gotta love it! Unless you're in Houston!")

Many of those “old time” announcers were part of my first memories of watching football. There was just something classy and dignified about their humble approach that didn’t involve trying to be bigger than the game, faked excitement, and lame jokes. 

16 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

A lot of singers are smokers.

Some announcers rely on too much shtick. Johnson is definitely over the top on sayings. Cool at first, then the guy just wears you out.

From the past, it's tough to match Summerall and Madden. Enberg was good, but too many "oh my"s. Currently, I'd take Nantz over Buck any day. Al Michaels is slipping, but used to be tops, again with Madden. Having to listen to Collinsworth hurts him. Nantz having Romo makes the best pair by far. Aikman is boring. Strictly considering the voice, no one can touch Harlan.  

Yup, Jones was another classic. 

This is true, some do, but many of them are also lip syncing their songs by the time they’re 50 because they destroyed their voice. Sports announcers don’t have that luxury. 

This isn't CBS related but isn't Mike Tirico eventually going to replace Al Michaels and ditto Drew Brees(who signed on with NBC to be a broadcaster) for Collingsworth on SNF. It's not this year but maybe 2022. I remember hearing something about that. Michaels is in his mid 70's and in the last year of his contract with NBC. Maybe he is thinking of retirement or the network is looking for a change.

i find the announcing crew vary week to week.  sometimes romo and nancy are great, sometimes they are partisan hacks.

i loved dedes and wilcots, ya wilcots says some words funny, but that's part of his charm and he knows the game and has huge enthusiasm.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, GunnerBill said:

Feels about right to me. KC v Cleveland is the clear marquee game but I think Bills v Steelers is a legit #2. 

Anyone miss the days of Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots every single week? At one point I thought they were the official Bills announcers they did us so much... thinking late Gailey / Marrone era. 

DH 425 slot 95% of the time gets top crew