Josh Allen Interview and preseason report on CBS Sports HQ

foreboding

• foreboding changed the title to Josh Allen Interview and preseason report on CBS Sports HQ
13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The analytics comment was interesting

Agreed. No doubt an offensive approach that intentionally ignores the run for essentially entire halves of professional football games is not being designed by old school football traditionalists. Kudos to McDermott for allowing Daboll et al (I forget the analytics person's name) to be so progressive. 

Maybe this year they can temper SOME of that progressive/aggressive approach to keep opposing defenses guessing more. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I can’t remember a season where the Mafia had so much reason to be optimistic. Yes, I was around in the Kelly years and that was fun but this team seems poised to be even better. That’s saying a lot. 

I agree. Growing up in the 70’s-80’s and this, to me as well, has a different feeling. 

During the Kelly years there were times where I’d get very frustrated with Jim’s last go-ahead drives and he’d throw a pick over the middle. Perhaps it was just because I was young. I do not have those feelings with this team…only the excitement of what the game is going to look like.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

League  and SB MVP

Here's what I posted on July 25, 2018 on Facebook:

July 25, 2018 

Shared with Your friends

Future Super Bowl MVP signed today:

NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills sign seventh-overall pick Josh Allen

The Buffalo Bills report for training camp Wednesday with their quarterback of the future under contract. The Bills signed first-round pick Josh Allen to a contract, the team announced.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Nice interview...but what's the point of having a "socially distanced" setup if you end it with a handshake?? :)

I think this team's ability to play away games in loud hostile stadiums will be key...the 17K in KC definitely impacted things. JA says that is a big focus; I hope he's right.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I can’t remember a season where the Mafia had so much reason to be optimistic. Yes, I was around in the Kelly years and that was fun but this team seems poised to be even better. That’s saying a lot. 

It is very difficult to compare eras because so much is different now (read: internet).  In the 90s I lived in Buffalo and the team was great, but it was all local news and hype (along with ESPN).  Josh Allen truly seems poised for greatness even Jim Kelly never experienced.  When you may have the best QB on the planet (sorry, Pat and Aaron) it makes sense to be optimistic.

28 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Nice interview...but what's the point of having a "socially distanced" setup if you end it with a handshake?? :)

I think this team's ability to play away games in loud hostile stadiums will be key...the 17K in KC definitely impacted things. JA says that is a big focus; I hope he's right.

😆  I know, right? 

But seriously, it's mostly aerosolized droplets getting inhaled that cause the issue, from what I understand. Plus, hopefully, they put sanitizer on after shaking hands.  But I get  it. It sure looks weird.

• Vomit 1

31 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Aren't all of Allen's stats better away then home for his first two years? 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Aren't all of Allen's stats better away then home for his first two years? 

They might be...I did not check. But his breakout 3rd year happened in empty stadiums until the playoffs, and the team's struggles in KC were partly due to crowd noise. Dealing with that is a point of emphasis this year, so I'll trust they will be well-prepared for it.

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, foreboding said:

If you haven't seen it. Good interview, but...stuff we mostly know.

Also, this as well, their take on preseason Bills stuff.

Somebody contact Amanada.  She wants to attend a Bills Mafia tailgate without table breaking.

Sounds like TBD one is right one for here.

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Somebody contact Amanada.  She wants to attend a Bills Mafia tailgate without table breaking.

Sounds like TBD one is right one for here.

I interpreted her comment as wanting to watch it from a safe distance, but not actually breaking the table herself.  Although the way she said it is open to interpretation.