Bills release 5 players

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I don't recognize any of those names besides Benenoch who I thought made a couple nice plays vs Detroit. Maybe he'll get a shot elsewhere.

Last week one of the most frequent phrases I read in camp reports was “[insert name here] blew by Benenoch.”

I can’t understand the pace of the league wide cuts. Who came up with cutting five out of ninety players? It doesn’t seem to benefit the team or the players, unless you’re some fringe guy who just wants to tell your grandkids that you ‘played’ in the NFL. With only three preseason games now it seems like they’d release close to fifteen per week so they get down to the roster in time for the season and stop wasting time in practice with literally dozens and dozens of players who are not going to make the team. There’s work to do! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

20 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Bobby Hart didn't play well Friday but until the coaching staff trusts Brown and Doyle in pass protection, he isn't going anywhere. I believe we'll sign a better veteran OT after the next round of cuts. Maybe we can swap a wr or de for a decent backup. I feel like Doyle will get a mysterious injury after the 3rd preseason game and get stashed on IR.

I'd trust a pylon to be better in pass pro than Bobby Hart and I am not sure if I'm joking.

I don't see the point of him remaining on this team. He's terrible. He's a liability. Most importantly, I don't really want Webb or Trubisky getting injured because Bobby Turnstile just let an edge blow by him with no resistance.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did? 

He did not. He apparently (I did not know until I had to double check during the game) shared a number with Andre Smith and the Detroit announcers mistakenly credited Benenoch on multiple plays. 

That being said, Andre Smith definitely had a good game 😄

On 8/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, Rico said:

Too bad the Bears beat us to Jason Peters. It would've been a nice full circle to his career and also great for seeing some heads explode in here.

Talk about making the mods work… we would have to get a pay raise…..

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can’t understand the pace of the league wide cuts. Who came up with cutting five out of ninety players? It doesn’t seem to benefit the team or the players, unless you’re some fringe guy who just wants to tell your grandkids that you ‘played’ in the NFL. With only three preseason games now it seems like they’d release close to fifteen per week so they get down to the roster in time for the season and stop wasting time in practice with literally dozens and dozens of players who are not going to make the team. There’s work to do! 

It seems to me that a balance has to be maintained.  If too many players are cut too early then a lot of 1st and 2nd stringers will have

to play in the final preseason game.  I have to believe that the cutdown schedule has a lot of GM/HC input into it.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:09 AM, Boxcar said:

I'd trust a pylon to be better in pass pro than Bobby Hart and I am not sure if I'm joking.

I don't see the point of him remaining on this team. He's terrible. He's a liability. Most importantly, I don't really want Webb or Trubisky getting injured because Bobby Turnstile just let an edge blow by him with no resistance.

Need bodies to eat up reps? If he isn't going to be of value to the team in the regular season (which we all hope/know he won't be), then he can serve to reduce the wear-and-tear on others in the meantime. 

Of course, the preseason QBs might disagree with that assessment.