The Greatest 77 Seconds in Buffalo Bills Football

T&C

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

How could you not be on board with the Bennett trade from the onset?  That trade was a HR the moment it was announced.  I knew the Bill fleeced the Colts/Rams

I thought Bennett was a head case coming out of college and was a "me first guy".  Bills were loaded with team first guys and I believed he would create a problem.  Fortunately, none of that happened.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I was at the game with more than a couple of cold "pops" consumed and ticked off because I felt the Bills had played poorly.  I also hadn't been on board with the Bennett trade.  Two minutes later, I was back on the bandwagon and denying that I had ever doubted the wisdom of the trade.  The best part of the whole thing was watching Elway on the sideline when their game fell apart.

Unfortunately, I was also present in London when E.J. gave Bills fans the exact opposite game experience.  I believe it took him only slightly more than 77 seconds to give the game to Jacksonville.  Luckily, there was a great pub down the street from our hotel.

To be fair to EJ... they were winning that game in the 4th quarter.  

14 hours ago, T&C said:

Do you remember where you were? (swimming in dad's sac is a legit answer).  I was at the original Beef O'Brady's on Kings Ave. in Brandon, Florida... place is still there. Their wings sucked then and they suck to this day. Anyways, I was running solo that day and decided to swing in for the Bills game. Things were looking grim and I had to get somewhere soon so I was ready to leave until this happened. I decided that this was far more important than whatever she wanted to do... so I stayed until the end. Great memory for sure, hope you all enjoy this clip.

Yep - my future wife and I had been gifted tickets from a pastor that was friends with my mother in law.  She was a season ticket holder with seats near the 50 yard line on the visitors side a few rows up on the upper deck.

This was the first game we went to together - she was going to UB and I was up visiting.  What a crazy day and a crazy scene.

I had attend several games, but that was her first live game and it hooked her.  We got season tickets for the 2 years we were both in Buffalo all because of this game.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Doc said:

This topic was discussed recently.  But I know where I was: driving to school from home having watched the game at a friend's house and leaving when I figured it was over.  Wasn't a real big fan of the Bills but became one when I got to school and one of my (Giants fan) roommates said "I can't believe the Bills won!"  I saw the highlights and was hooked.

image.png.346babb22b5315cbd50af00743052fdf.png

• Haha (+1) 2

Something about the Broncos defense around that time.  There was this game where they kept the Bills to 9 points and it took Buffalo returning the blocked field goal and two turnovers to score on them.  Then, in the AFC Championship game against the Denver the following season, Buffalo wins, but without scoring an offensive TD.  Needed Bailey's pick-6 to get in the enzone in that one.

5 hours ago, wjag said:

In the stands watching it. It was delirium in the stands.  And that was during the era where you could still sneak a fair amount of beer in.  🙂 

I was there as well, with a date.  Prior to Odomes’ block I’d say the atmosphere was closer to a morgue…Denver was just gashing us.  After that, though, it was bedlam.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

image.png.346babb22b5315cbd50af00743052fdf.png

Let me clarify.  I was born in Rochester and wasn't a fan of watching sports.  Playing them (poorly), sure.  It was only after seeing how exciting the Bills were and the rivalry with Giants fans that I became a huge football fan.

• Like (+1) 1

At a bowling alley with my family. It was blacked out due to sell out/black out rules back then, so that’s what you did. You found a place with a 30 foot diameter satellite. 

Adults could drinks. Kids could bowl. It is nice that is gone. But there was something sort of nice about doing stuff like that back then. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

At a bowling alley with my family. It was blacked out due to sell out/black out rules back then, so that’s what you did. You found a place with a 30 foot diameter satellite. 

Adults could drinks. Kids could bowl. It is nice that is gone. But there was something sort of nice about doing stuff like that back then. 

And I'm going to guess that it was C-band. Had pretty much forgot about those.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, T&C said:

And I'm going to guess that it was C-band. Had pretty much forgot about those.

Oh, the days in the mid-90s of trying to find a sports bar in Atlanta with a big dish to catch preseason games…

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I snuck down to the lower level@ the stadium, and actually found a seat. (My seat at the time, was on the 15 yard line, off the upper deck) Other than the 'Greatest Comeback' game, that was the loudest Bills game that I have ever experienced. I bet that John Elway, would agree with me!!  :lol:

Life timeline in your mind like mine was... wish I had been around a ton of Bills fans for mine. Great story!

• Thank you (+1) 1