Afghanistan

Those Americans who wish to leave. Lol. I wish someone would ask the hard question: "how many Americans have been encountered that do not wish to leave"? 

What American would want to stay there. 

52 minutes ago, Governor said:

Do you want to hear a funny Trump story? Ok, I’m going to tell you anyway. 

I was living in Tampa. I believe it was 1996? There was a Bob Marley festival going on in Miami so we decided to go. Now, this was the height of the Rave scene in Florida which I wasn’t part of but my friends were. For whatever reason, we stopped in West Palm, stayed the night, etc. 

We were all wasted and decided that we were going to pull into Trump’s place right there on the water. The driver told the guards we were there to deliver pizzas. A bunch of guards came out and surrounded the car and they wouldn’t let us turn around. We had to back out onto the main road.

Trump. That guy is such a pu**y and always was.

I'm not sure what your goals are in life, but it seems like you're lost.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Sorry you didn’t have a good childhood or college experience. That could explain the bitterness and sadness I see on this board.

I had a great childhood and a fantastic college experience. Thanks for asking.  You, on the other hand, come off as lost without a rudder.  No bitterness here. I wish nothing but the best for you.  Knock yourself in your self-sufficient New Jersey lifestyle.  Put your feet up. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I had a great childhood and a fantastic college experience. Thanks for asking.  You, on the other hand, come off as lost without a rudder.  No bitterness here. I wish nothing but the best for you.  Knock yourself in your self-sufficient New Jersey lifestyle.  Put your feet up. 

I won’t even comment any further. This is how Trumpism was born. You feel that you’re owed something. You think that you should have more for all of the “hard work” you put in.

Welcome to America.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, T&C said:

Those Americans who wish to leave. Lol. I wish someone would ask the hard question: "how many Americans have been encountered that do not wish to leave"? 

What American would want to stay there. 

That the circumstances faced by Americans trapped inside Afghanistan would be expressed in a manner implying the decision to stay or go is some voluntary conscious decisions speaks volumes of the mental contortions the administration is going through to weasel their way out of taking any accountability for this disaster.

So its as simple as walking up to those armed Taliban checkpoints and telling them "I'm an American citizen and I wish to leave".  Okay then they'll say.  Be our guest and pass right through and have a nice day.  Scenes from the action on the ground look more like a Hotel California or the Roach Motel scenario.    

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Welp, we used to fret all about how our neighbors across the pond viewed us. Now…it’s not such a big thing anymore. 

It took 7 months.

Yeah, Trump was such an embarrassment and not respected.  Now our closest ally is talking about divesting themselves from us. 

What a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Governor said:

I won’t even comment any further. This is how Trumpism was born. You feel that you’re owed something. You think that you should have more for all of the “hard work” you put in.

Welcome to America.

This make literally no sense at all. Try again. (Next time when sober.)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I was living in Tampa. I believe it was 1996? There was a Bob Marley festival going on in Miami so we decided to go. Now, this was the height of the Rave scene in Florida which I wasn’t part of but my friends were. For whatever reason, we stopped in West Palm, stayed the night, etc. 

We were all wasted and decided that we were going to pull into Trump’s place right there on the water. The driver told the guards we were there to deliver pizzas. A bunch of guards came out and surrounded the car and they wouldn’t let us turn around. We had to back out onto the main road.

I feel like I’ve heard this story… didn’t he say in an interview seeing a bunch of wasted loser 20 year olds piled into a rusty old car trying to crash his estate was what made him to decide to run for President?

the blood is on your hands….. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I feel like I’ve heard this story… didn’t he say in an interview seeing a bunch of wasted loser 20 year olds piled into a rusty old car trying to crash his estate was what made him to decide to run for President?

the blood is on your hands….. 

Actually, it’s the city of Buffalo’s fault. If he actually had any real money he would’ve been owner and none of this would’ve ever happened.

We would still suck, but the country would’ve been much better off.

It was that rejection that left him with nowhere to go, along with the Obama thrashing, that caused all of this.

WE are to blame.

Edited by Governor

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Actually, it’s the city of Buffalo’s fault. If he actually had any real money he would’ve been owner and none of this would’ve ever happened.

We would still suck, but the country would’ve been much better off.

It was that rejection that left him with nowhere to go, along with the Obama thrashing, that caused all of this.

WE are to blame.

Huh? 

Just now, Governor said:

You never put it together did you?

No, I know exactly what you're talking about.  But the city of Buffalo had nothing to do with it.  The Pegulas did, by outbidding him.

Well, that’s because the city rejected him early on. He also didn’t actually have any money. He was trying to get help from those Russian banks at the time, and everyone kinda laughed.

We got lucky there, but the country didn’t.

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I actually do since I live right next to the golf course. I have friend contractors that worked and never got paid. Lol. 

Ah, should have known, Basking Ridge.  Over the years I've found that you can generally judge a town by the quality in which they keep their sports fields.  Yours, sir, blow.  

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Serious question--what's the funny part?

I'll recast the tale using the theory of modern storytelling:

You and a bunch of your privileged and entitled friends misappropriated tickets to a concert featuring the music of an historically disenfranchised people.  You attended a super-spreader event, so typical of you and your provincial ilk, taking seats away from more worthy people beaten down by society and victimized by it's systemic corruption.  But no, that wasn't enough for you, your thirst for consumption was unabated.  You hop into a gas guzzling fossil fuel dinosaur, breaking the heart of Momma Earth, drive to the home of a similarly inclined billionaire, potentially impacting the guards ability to earn a living (probably at a rate below minimum wage) and dare to chastise them for doing their job?  

#typical

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Ah, should have known, Basking Ridge.  Over the years I've found that you can generally judge a town by the quality in which they keep their sports fields.  Yours, sir, blow.  

You’re close….but basking ridge is really nice. Think more governor’s mansion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Well, that’s because the city rejected him early on. He also didn’t actually have any money. He was trying to get help from those Russian banks at the time, and everyone kinda laughed.

We got lucky there, but the country didn’t.

The city had nothing to do with him or Bon Jon Bovi losing out to the Pegulas.  The Pegulas asked what it would take to get the team and paid (significantly more to get) it.