Shower thoughts thread

Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Scrubs is possibly the most underrated sitcom of all time.  It's a fantastic show.

I'm sure the medical schools have C students and that barely pass.  Who hires those doctors?

My wife works in the medical/hospital field.  She always says to try to avoid going to a hospital in July, because that's when all the newbies are starting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Scrubs is possibly the most underrated sitcom of all time.  It's a fantastic show.

I'm sure the medical schools have C students and that barely pass.  Who hires those doctors?

Don’t forget News Radio. Great show that should have had a longer run. Losing Phil Hartman was a real tragedy. 

P.S. - your ‘shower thoughts” did cause me some pause before I clicked. Just sayin’.  🤷‍♀️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t forget News Radio. Great show that should have had a longer run. Losing Phil Hartman was a real tragedy. 

P.S. - your ‘shower thoughts” did cause me some pause before I clicked. Just sayin’.  🤷‍♀️

I loved News Radio.  Phil Hartman is my favorite SNL actor of all time.  

Were you thinking like 90's Cinemax at 2:00 am type of thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm going to agree with you 

Scrubs is absolutely underrated and fantastic

On your second thought... I'm going to say that nobody hires doctors who had a c average, because that wouldn't qualify in medical school

There's a baseline that you need to pass and I'm sure it's above a C

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right now I think the commercials which advertising spokesman is a medical professional.

I know insurance companies hire such doctors as approvers for medical procedure; one of my doctors was cursing the person out once saying he knows the approver, they went to same medical school and he barely passed.

I worked in medical sciences library in college at UB early 1980s. 

I regularly dealt with a patron who would study there asking for books which I would bring to him. 

Once I notice some of the books on table were not from our library and asked he wanted them sent back to library via inter-library transfer.

He said no he needs them for his law classes. All of his family members were laywers and he needed them for bar.  He does not planning on working in medical practice but will be a medical malpractice laywer for his family's firm.

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why do people think of anything besides Josh Allen in the shower?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

PSA... FYI...

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/ashton-kutcher-and-mila-kunis-rarely-bathe-their-kids-but-experts-say-theyre-right/

HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU BATHE KIDS?

The advice is fairly mixed on exactly how often you should wash them, but the majority of the advice agrees that you do not have to wash them every day. The American Academy of Dermatology Association recommends that children between the ages of six and 11 do not need a daily bath, and one-two times a week will be sufficient. However, they add that – as Kutcher and Kunis suggest – you should bathe them when you can see the dirt, e.g. after they have been wallowing in mud.

They also recommend bathing them after they have been in a pool, ocean, or other body of water, or when you can smell them. When they hit puberty, they should move on to daily showers.

Smaller children may need washing more, largely due to their truly impressive dirt-seeking tendencies. Babies do not need to be washed every day, though the National Health Service of the UK suggests there is no harm in bathing them often if they enjoy it. 

HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU BATHE?

The advice on this too is mixed. Daily showers of course have the benefit of reducing your body odor, though some are worried that we may be showering too often and potentially damaging our microbiomes.

One study published in Science Advances analyzed the fecal, oral, and skin bacterial microbiome and resistome of members of an isolated Yanomami Amerindian village, who had had no previous contact with Western people, finding that they hosted "a microbiome with the highest diversity of bacteria and genetic functions ever reported in a human group".

Despite having had no contact with antibiotics, they harbored bacteria with functional antibiotic resistance genes, suggesting that protecting the natural microbiome may have benefits for humans if we can learn to live without our daily showers.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would smell.

Is that Bob Odenkirk movie good?

Trivia:  They didn't start marketing deodorant to women until about a 100 years ago.  Men about 80. Put 2x2 together with that gap. 😆 

Conclusion: People always stunk. Now, our stank is just prettier now and someone just makes money off it. 

😏

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.