Shower thoughts thread

Royale with Cheese

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yes and I do have that. But found out about that 4 years ago. The frequent pissing started about a year or 2 after. I just chalked it up to getting old. Also still have not gathered up enough courage to get the prostate checked. I know it needs to be done, or should have already been done. I just can't get to the point to say "alright *****  it...lets get it over with" lol

Anyway, was thinking that could be the reason for the 4 to 5 times a night to piss

Sometimes it’s just routine for me at least. I find if I get in the routine of going, I can’t fall back asleep without it (middle of the night). 

Every so often when I fall into this cycle, I have to will myself to just hold it as long as possible and it slowly goes away. 

I was tested for sleep apnea, but we already knew I had it.  I also would get up at least once every night to pee.  Once I got my CPAP though, now I can sleep through the night without needing to get up and pee.  I'm not sure how the two are related, but that's my experience.  

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I was tested for sleep apnea, but we already knew I had it.  I also would get up at least once every night to pee.  Once I got my CPAP though, now I can sleep through the night without needing to get up and pee.  I'm not sure how the two are related, but that's my experience.  

Primarily through the production of atrial natriuretic pepetide (ANP) and inhibition of release of anti-diuretic hormone (ADH).

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Obstruction make the body think it has too much fluid so it releases those hormones to get rid of water.

For me, I lay down by 10 and get up at 6am.  Between those 8 hrs I wake up and have to go 5 times. 6 if adding getting up for good at 6 a.m Every hr and half to 2 hrs. Every single dammit night

15 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

For me, I lay down by 10 and get up at 6am.  Between those 8 hrs I wake up and have to go 5 times. 6 if adding getting up for good at 6 a.m Every hr and half to 2 hrs. Every single dammit night

This sounds like a problem. You must be exhausted. 

5 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yes and I do have that. But found out about that 4 years ago. The frequent pissing started about a year or 2 after. I just chalked it up to getting old. Also still have not gathered up enough courage to get the prostate checked. I know it needs to be done, or should have already been done. I just can't get to the point to say "alright *****  it...lets get it over with" lol

Anyway, was thinking that could be the reason for the 4 to 5 times a night to piss

Are you using a CPAP machine?

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So pigeons were vital in WWI and WWII for delivering messages.  I understand how the pigeon would fly home after delivering the message...it's home. 

But how did they know where to go?

So with the thread title, is that what you thought of in the shower?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So pigeons were vital in WWI and WWII for delivering messages.  I understand how the pigeon would fly home after delivering the message...it's home. 

But how did they know where to go?

GPS (Global Pigeon System)

... or this: https://crittercleanout.com/how-do-pigeons-know-where-to-deliver-messages/

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.