Biden fumbles pandemic cure

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

“I’M GOING TO SHUT DOWN THE VIRUS, NOT THE COUNTRY:” 

Biden’s COVID campaign promises have aged terribly.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/bidens-covid-campaign-promises-have-aged-terribly

Just as most of us knew they would.  And not only did he not show down the virus, he'll have more deaths under his watch than Trump did in the same timeframe.

Red States See Highest Rates of Covid Deaths

“It is red America, Donald Trump-voting America, that has seen the worst effects of the pandemic. With divergent vaccination rates, with the unvaccinated population that’s most at risk being made up of Republicans at three times the rate of Democrats, that gap is poised to grow.”

“If we break down monthly case and death figures by county vote in 2020, we see that Trump counties have been hardest hit by the pandemic on a per capita basis since last year. If we throw in vaccination rates, we see that it is those same counties that have been the slowest to get vaccinated.”

https://politicalwire.com/2021/11/29/red-states-see-highest-rates-of-covid-deaths/

But, but black people

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just as most of us knew they would.  And not only did he not show down the virus, he'll have more deaths under his watch than Trump did in the same timeframe.

More deaths?!?!  Hey lefties!  How is this possible?  And we've have a vaccine pretty much during the nearly full year of his Presidency.  Where is the anger towards Biden that you had towards Trump with regard to the number of deaths?  If you do not display the same anger I assume you're all hypocrites?  

1 minute ago, ALF said:

“It is red America, Donald Trump-voting America, that has seen the worst effects of the pandemic. With divergent vaccination rates, with the unvaccinated population that’s most at risk being made up of Republicans at three times the rate of Democrats, that gap is poised to grow.”

“If we break down monthly case and death figures by county vote in 2020, we see that Trump counties have been hardest hit by the pandemic on a per capita basis since last year. If we throw in vaccination rates, we see that it is those same counties that have been the slowest to get vaccinated.”

https://politicalwire.com/2021/11/29/red-states-see-highest-rates-of-covid-deaths/

But, but black people

Here's an oldie but a goodie

BEST

PANDEMIC

EVER!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

More deaths?!?!  Hey lefties!  How is this possible?  And we've have a vaccine pretty much during the nearly full year of his Presidency.  Where is the anger towards Biden that you had towards Trump with regard to the number of deaths?  If you do not display the same anger I assume you're all hypocrites? 

It's called the Delta variant duh

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ALF said:

But, but black people

And this will flip come April 2022 because of the seasonality of this sham.

And we'll flip again by December 2022

And we'll flip again by April 2023

And we'll flip again by December 2023

And we'll flip again by April 2024

And we'll flip again by December 2024.

And we'll flip again by April 2025

Stay scared!  New variants coming!!!

Edited by Big Blitz

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh...I see...that explains everything. Thanks for your insight.

You are very welcome 🙂

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I see.  And what about the original variant (i.e. SARS-COV-2?)?  

Which covid variant took the most lives Doc ?

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

But I didn't think it was the variant's fault?  I thought it was the President's fault.  At least that was my understanding last year.  

7 hours ago, Doc said:

You tell me.  But why does that even matter?

Despite vaccines, the U.S. has lost more lives to Covid this year than last.  Nov. 23, 2021

Experts say the higher death toll is a result of a confluence of factors: most crucially lower-than-needed vaccination rates, but also the relaxation of everyday precautions, like masks and social distancing, and the rise of the highly contagious Delta variant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/world/united-states-death-toll-covid.html

Edited by ALF

Anyone still eating this stuff up with a shovel should really be in the looney bin at this point. Themost vulnerable groups of people to this disease are still the same as they were two years ago, and there are vaccines readily available that seem to do a very good job of preventing severe illness and death. That should be the end of it.

Playing this stupid pseudo eradication game where the thought is to vaccinate the way out of this pandemic makes zero sense. It’s clear that vaccinated can be infected and spread. Everything else is complete theatre. I don’t care what anyone says, masking doesn’t do crap the way we have implemented it. I’ll throw one on in the limited situations I have no choice about but I’ve been done for quite some time with mask theatre of putting one on to walk past a hostess station just to sit down a couple feet away and remove it. 

It hasn’t been “about the science” in a very long time.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Despite vaccines, the U.S. has lost more lives to Covid this year than last.  Nov. 23, 2021

Experts say the higher death toll is a result of a confluence of factors: most crucially lower-than-needed vaccination rates, but also the relaxation of everyday precautions, like masks and social distancing, and the rise of the highly contagious Delta variant.

Doesn't matter.  What vaccines did we have last year?  Much less treatments?  Shouldn't Joey have stopped the entry of the Delta variant into the country like Trump was criticized for not doing?  

Sorry, Joey owns the deaths under his watch.  Just like Dems/Joey said Trump did.  

7 hours ago, ALF said:

So we have MORE deaths because of lower than needed vaccinations?   How many people were vaccinated in 2020?  I’ll give you a clue. It’s a round number. 

Delta = highly contagious but higher death rates. 

Deaths 2020 all on Trump 

Deaths 2021 not in Biden at all?

Do you NOT see the issue here?  

EDIT:  I was one that laid some of the blame in 2020 on Trump.   Many on the right did.  I’ve seen none on the left giving any culpability to Biden.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How Much Longer for COVID Scare Tactics?

By Steve Feinstein

So, here we are again: A new COVID variant has appeared on the world stage, this one called 'omicron,' supposedly originating in South Africa. It’s already been detected in Europe and Canada, and the inestimable Dr. Anthony Fauci opines it’s a matter of “when” not “if” it’s a major factor here in the U.S.

With Pavlovian predictability, the Democrats have shifted into an even higher “Vaccinate Now!” overdrive gear. This new strain is being used as the latest club with which to pummel recalcitrant vaccine resisters into shame and submission. ”Jab Now! What further proof do you need?” President Brandon went so far the other day as to read the large-type teleprompter that said, “It’s your patriotic duty to get vaccinated!”

From a purely scientific standpoint, not much is known yet about omicron. Upon initial investigations, it appears to be mild and not a particularly dangerous new development, according to South African Dr. Angelique Coetzee, who first alerted the world to the new variant.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/12/how_much_longer_for_covid_scare_tactics.html

How’s ‘shutting down the virus’ going, Joe?

GettyImages-1356833576-730x475.jpg

We are less than a month away from entering 2022 — so why does it feel like March 2020 all over again?

Cable news networks are obsessively covering the new Omicron variant of Covid-19. They are hellbent on scaring the daylights out of any unsuspecting viewer who accidentally flips onto their programs. To be fair, the media is taking cues from the president. According to the Washington Post, the Biden administration is reportedly weighing up a seven-day self-quarantine for all travelers arriving on our shores, regardless of vaccination status, including US citizens and permanent residents. Travel bans, which fell out of fashion in the Trump years because they were “xenophobic”, are suddenly back in vogue.

It all begs the question: didn’t Joe Biden promise to shut down the virus?

Back in October 2020, then-candidate Biden — or whoever was running his Twitter account at the time — proudly tweeted, “I’m not going to shut down the country. I’m not going to shut down the economy. I’m going to shut down the virus.” That’s right. Joe was going to shut down the virus all while eating ice cream, wearing aviators and saying things like “God love ya.”

Unfortunately that tweet has aged about as well as the president. The only thing Biden has shut down since taking over in January is the Keystone XL Pipeline.

We are now eleven months into the Biden presidency and more people have died from Covid on Joe’s watch than under his predecessor. You might think that counting and comparing deaths in order to score political points is ghoulish and unproductive. I’d agree. But since Biden gladly used this tactic during a 2020 debate with Trump, it’s only fair he be held to his own standard.

It was a Trump-like boast from Team Biden — and apparently, no one in his administration thought that he’d be judged by it once in office: 

Democrats livid over GOP’s COVID-19 attacks on Biden.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/shutting-down-virus-joe-biden-quarantine/

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/584313-democrats-livid-over-gops-covid-19-attacks-on-biden

• Like (+1) 2

Biden’s ‘Covid-19 Winter Plan’ Ignores Science

by David Catron

Last Thursday, President Biden announced his “COVID-19 Winter Plan.” Despite his claim that it will fight the disease with “science and speed,” it ignores virtually everything scientists have learned about coronavirus during the past two years. Indeed, it contains a number of elements that epidemiologists have denounced and that evidence has proven counterproductive. These include an irrational emphasis on vaccinating low risk children, the promotion of booster shots that the World Health Organization (WHO) has pronounced ineffective, travel bans that could very well jeopardize efforts to contain future outbreaks, and strident calls for private businesses to bully their employees into getting vaccinated.

https://spectator.org/bidens-covid-19-winter-plan-ignores-science/

Fauci: Definition of Fully Vaccinated Will Be Changed

by Zachary Stieber

The definition of fully vaccinated in the United States will be changed, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday. “It’s going to be a matter of when, not if,” Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during an appearance on CNN. Fully vaccinated at present refers to a person receiving two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or the single-shot Johnson & Johnson jab.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/fauci-when-not-if-definition-of-fully-vaccinated-will-change_4146012.html?utm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-12-08-

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Biden now officially owns more American covid deaths than his predecessor he blamed for the first 400k…

But how can that be?  He got the band (pandemic response team) back together, took it seriously and listened to Teflon Tony.  Never mind that he had vaccines and treatments, which mostly didn't exist under Trump.  It's as if (gasp!) what many of us were saying, i.e. that it would have been no better, if not worse, under a Dem President.

It sickens me that all those who were naive enough to think he could "shut it down" or voted for him because he wasn't Trump foisted this clown (show) upon the US.  And now we're all paying for it.

• Agree 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, Doc said:

But how can that be?  He got the band (pandemic response team) back together, took it seriously and listened to Teflon Tony.  Never mind that he had vaccines and treatments, which mostly didn't exist under Trump.  It's as if (gasp!) what many of us were saying, i.e. that it would have been no better, if not worse, under a Dem President.

It sickens me that all those who were naive enough to think he could "shut it down" or voted for him because he wasn't Trump foisted this clown (show) upon the US.  And now we're all paying for it.

Ok to be fair I blame leadership whenever ***** hits the fan.  So they blamed Trump. Ok…I get that.  But where are they with their blame now?  

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE COUNTRY’S IN THE VERY BEST OF HANDS: 

Harris says Biden administration failed to see either delta or omicron variants coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-says-biden-administration-failed-to-see-either-delta-or-omicron-variants-coming

Did she "accidentally say it, or was it on purpose ?

Well, to be fair, she did say "we didn't see it coming" and not "the Biden Administration."  So she was just being honest and admitting what we all knew.  But in the process she admitted that all the things they criticized Trump for last year were unwarranted/unavoidable.  And that's why we've more deaths under Joey than under Trump, despite vaccines and treatments.

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok to be fair I blame leadership whenever ***** hits the fan.  So they blamed Trump. Ok…I get that.  But where are they with their blame now?  

Where they've always been.

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE COUNTRY’S IN THE VERY BEST OF HANDS: 

Harris says Biden administration failed to see either delta or omicron variants coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-says-biden-administration-failed-to-see-either-delta-or-omicron-variants-coming

Did she "accidentally say it, or was it on purpose ?

Lies. 

They are months behind breaking news on these alleged variants and when they are actually in the real world.  

Delta was in India December 2020.

It was in the UK and Israel by spring.  

The data said this vaccine wasn't doing anything to stop let alone slow the spread by May.  

Omicron or whatever it is just conveniently shows up when the news talks about it my **s.  It's been around for months.  

They just told you about when they decided they had to - at the start of flu season.   

Global coup.  

On January 6th 2022 there should be a massive protest in DC demanding all these people in charge resign.  

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

On January 6th 2022 there should be a massive protest in DC demanding all these people in charge resign.  

What ?

and upstage the "memorial" for the worst day in American History.

• Haha (+1) 1

It is so serious, the speech can wait 4 days. Got it, thanks.

Panic! President Joe Biden to deliver a speech Tuesday on the growing Omicron variant

joe-biden-white-power-2.jpg

President Biden seems to think he can redeem his presidency by shutting down the coronavirus, which he apparently only thinks will happen when 100 percent of Americans have been double-vaccinated and boosted, even at the risk of losing their jobs. He claimed during the campaign to have a plan, and then we learned that plan was to have everyone wear a mask for just the first 100 days of his presidency.

All he can do at this point is to tell people to get vaccinated — and warn the unvaccinated that they’re in for “a winter of severe illness and death.”

Word is the Omicron variant of COVID-19 results in mild illness at worst, but it’s prompting Biden to give yet another speech, this one on Tuesday:

Questions ?

Why Tuesday, why not tonight ?

Is this when he finally announces his plan to “shut the virus down?”

Will be use his angry voice?

More likely:  Dark winter, patience running thin, get the jab, (again, again) blah blah blah..

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/12/18/panic-president-joe-biden-to-deliver-a-speech-tuesday-on-the-growing-omicron-variant/

• Like (+1) 1