Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

14 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Sam Huff was 6'1 and Nick Bo was 5'11".  Both at least a standard deviation taller than their age peers

5'8" puts our poster in the 34th percentile for American adult males.  Doug FLutie could dunk on him

Take your complaints to Van Miller -he’s my source for this.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The NFL clearly does not want the same challenges this year, and I can't blame them.  There is a safe, effective vaccine available, and there is no excuse not to take it for almost all people (some unusual medical situations excepted).  

So, they're going to force teams to forfeit?  What does that solve for exactly?  Vaxed people (I am vaxed, my whole family is vaxed) can still get COVID.  So what happens if a team is 100% vaccinated, and through no real fault of their own, has enough people get (a very very mild) case of COVID?  They have to forfeit a game even though they followed the rules?  Yeah, that's going to go over really well.  I guess they think the intense shame it'll generate will make everyone double down and...get a third shot?

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

So, they're going to force teams to forfeit?  What does that solve for exactly?  Vaxed people (I am vaxed, my whole family is vaxed) can still get COVID.  So what happens if a team is 100% vaccinated, and through no real fault of their own, has enough people get (a very very mild) case of COVID?  They have to forfeit a game even though they followed the rules?  Yeah, that's going to go over really well.  I guess they think the intense shame it'll generate will make everyone double down and...get a third shot?

My understanding is that forfeit only comes into play if outbreak is among unvaccinated.

My favorite Rick Dennison moment is when Nate Odomes beat him like a red headed step-child and blocked Davis Treadwell's kick that started 20 points in 77 seconds against Denver.

He basically launched our AFC dynasty do go easy on the man.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Vaxed people can still contract covid, and that's no surprise since no vaccine is 100% effective.  Actually the covid vaccines are more effective than most vaccines, but still not 100%.  My understanding is that the league will punish outbreaks if players are not vaccinated.  

Just now, Utah John said:

Vaxed people can still contract covid, and that's no surprise since no vaccine is 100% effective.  Actually the covid vaccines are more effective than most vaccines, but still not 100%.  My understanding is that the league will punish outbreaks if players are not vaccinated.  

So what about the fans?  do they get their money back?

Just now, dorquemada said:

So what about the fans?  do they get their money back?

I am not sure.  I know the players will NOT be paid if their team is involved in a forfeit.  I think it would be only fair to reimburse ticket holders if the game is not played.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That is bonkers stupid.  

It's the equivalent of saying you won't get the same medical attention if you're in a car wreck and you weren't wearing a seat belt.  If you insist on not taking all reasonable precautions, which is your right as an American adult, you should not be surprised if there are consequences.

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Does anyone know if Josh is vaccinated?

No, and the team has kept a lid on that.  All we know is that he was undecided, and that was months ago.

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

It's the equivalent of saying you won't get the same medical attention if you're in a car wreck and you weren't wearing a seat belt.  If you insist on not taking all reasonable precautions, which is your right as an American adult, you should not be surprised if there are consequences.

You're making a point here, it's just the opposite point of what you think you're saying

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that but the result of a man losing his job because of a matter of personal choice makes me instinctively uncomfortable. I disagree most strongly with Dennison. But I don't feel comfortable with the outcome.

A man can make choices based on his personal choices and beliefs, but real men understand that making those choices may come with consequences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1