Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

It's the equivalent of saying you won't get the same medical attention if you're in a car wreck and you weren't wearing a seat belt. 

That would be considered completely unethical to first responders and health care providers.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am assuming yes because he went to an NBA finals game and they only admitted vaccinated fans

I did not know that.  Though the rules may be different when you're Josh Allen

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be considered completely unethical to first responders and health care providers.

Good point.  No mask though, so maybe it's a good sign

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

It's the equivalent of saying you won't get the same medical attention if you're in a car wreck and you weren't wearing a seat belt.  If you insist on not taking all reasonable precautions, which is your right as an American adult, you should not be surprised if there are consequences.

No, and the team has kept a lid on that.  All we know is that he was undecided, and that was months ago.

That analogy makes no sense.  

It’s more like they seize your vehicle if you weren’t wearing a seatbelt.  

Chances are higher you could get hurt more without the seatbelt/vaccine (in theory - these are world class athletes we’re talking about).  

You’ll get treated either way.  The accident happened either way.  

But then the NFL takes your car, because, reasons..

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am assuming yes because he went to an NBA finals game and they only admitted vaccinated fans

I’m about 99% sure this isn’t true. 

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

5'8" 185lbs. Workout twice a day. Look like a linebacker.

But that isn't what I am talking about and has no real relevance to not being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

6’3 190

I eat lean meat, fruits & veggies six days a week. 

Cardio 3x per week 

Lift 5 days per week

Basketball league once per week

Box once per week 

No underlying health issues.  

I do my part in patronizing pharmaceuticals by taking Allegra every day for allergies.  

K what's going on with the posts on the first page? Let's just whip it out and get it over with boys. 

Edited by DJB
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) after refusing vaccine
15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That analogy makes no sense.  

It’s more like they seize your vehicle if you weren’t wearing a seatbelt.  

Chances are higher you could get hurt more without the seatbelt/vaccine (in theory - these are world class athletes we’re talking about).  

You’ll get treated either way.  The accident happened either way.  

But then the NFL takes your car, because, reasons..

I don't think this analogy makes any sense, either.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did attend a game in Phoenix (there are pix and everything), but vaccination was not required: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2021/07/02/will-masks-be-required-suns-games-covid-19-delta-variant/7832049002/. Masks were recommended, but apparently a lot of people didn't follow rules. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He did attend a game in Phoenix (there are pix and everything), but vaccination was not required: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2021/07/02/will-masks-be-required-suns-games-covid-19-delta-variant/7832049002/. Masks were recommended, but apparently a lot of people didn't follow rules. 

Looks like he needs that new contract to buy the girl some clothes LOL

51 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

So, they're going to force teams to forfeit?  What does that solve for exactly?  Vaxed people (I am vaxed, my whole family is vaxed) can still get COVID.  So what happens if a team is 100% vaccinated, and through no real fault of their own, has enough people get (a very very mild) case of COVID?  They have to forfeit a game even though they followed the rules?  Yeah, that's going to go over really well.  I guess they think the intense shame it'll generate will make everyone double down and...get a third shot?

As I understand it, the current NFL policy is that if an outbreak is among vaccinated players and the team can't reschedule - it's not clear what happens, but nothing said about forfeit.

If the outbreak is among unvaccinated players, the team forfeits and takes an "L"

But what happens if the source of an outbreak is a vaccinated player who brings it into the facility where it then spreads among both unvaccinated and vaccinated players (maybe more of the latter, since only tested every 2 weeks)?  Vaccinated players are less likely (~4-5x by UK data) to be infected, but they're also allowed by NFL rules to have much greater community exposure to Covid.

In real life, this stuff is way more complicated than the NFL's vaccinated/unvaccinated dichotomy makes it seem.  It might have made sense when a vaccinated player was 20x less likely to spread Covid (early Spring, before Alpha and Delta) but that Ship has Sailed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think this analogy makes any sense, either.

Just pointing out the punitive nature of what the NFL is doing.  

The whole point is to hurt teams with lower vaccination numbers and turn players/coaches/ownership against other players.   There’s no other rationale for their backwards plan to only force forfeits on outbreaks if they involve unvaccinated players.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But what happens if the source of an outbreak is a vaccinated player who brings it into the facility where it then spreads among both unvaccinated and vaccinated players (maybe more of the latter, since only tested every 2 weeks)?

I think this is where the Commissioner's discretion takes over.  The article I read (PFT) said that, if the problem occurs while following protocols, [the commish will be more forgiving].

So then it might turn on whether the V player, or the UV player (or both) were following protocols.