It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Given the initial science around the new variant from South African doctors and health ministry officials it suggests the variant is more contagious but the symptoms observed to date have been mild, fatigue, coughing, sore muscles.  The official Western response seems forced and desperate to maintain a high level of public fear.     

Quote "the large number of mutations found in the omicron variant appears to destabilize the virus which makes it less "fit" than the dominant Delta strain".  The implication might be more reported cases but fewer overall hospitalizations and deaths.  So expect an emphasis back to case counts, specifically among the un-vaxed.  And surprise, surprise, don't be surprised when the news that currently available boosters are effective is released in a couple weeks.  So line up for your booster to protect you from the new variant that will only make you mildly ill and can't kill you unless you're old and fat.  That said, if you are old and fat then getting the booster might be wise.  For the rest of us I say game over.

• Like (+1) 1

Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel on Monday said it will take months to develop and ship a vaccine that specifically targets the omicron variant of the virus that causes Covid-19.

However, a higher 100-microgram dose of the company's booster shot could be ready much sooner.

Bancel said Moderna believes the omicron variant is highly infectious, but it will take at least two weeks determine how much the mutations have impacted the efficacy of the vaccines currently on the market.

"Depending on how much it dropped, we might decide on the one hand to give a higher dose of the current vaccine around the world to protect people, maybe people at very high risk, the immunocomprised, and the elderly should need a fourth dose" he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/moderna-ceo-says-it-will-take-months-to-clear-a-new-covid-vaccine-targeting-omicron.html

Just 2 weeks behind Italy!

15 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I’ll ask again. What is the level of antibodies, assuming you get a test that determines same, that confers immunity and as a follow up, how does that wane so you can continue to feel confident?

Hint. There’s only one right answer. 

Are you aware of a study that has looked into this? Or are you just trying to prove again that you have no clue what we are discussing? You first do a study then make decisions, if I have numbers I can make choices.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you aware of a study that has looked into this? Or are you just trying to prove again that you have no clue what we are discussing? You first do a study then make decisions, if I have numbers I can make choices.

You're the one who said we should be doing it. What are the numbers that indicate my levels are high enough and how do they wane? 

You're still on the clock Timmy. You're the one who suggested this simple idea. Clearly it's well documented in the science.*

*I know you're not a big believer in science but I am not sure what word to use here. 

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You're the one who said we should be doing it. What are the numbers that indicate my levels are high enough and how do they wane? 

You're still on the clock Timmy. You're the one who suggested this simple idea. Clearly it's well documented in the science.*

*I know you're not a big believer in science but I am not sure what word to use here. 

The idea of tracking people's antibodies and how often they are hospitalized is not science? I am not sure what level is strong enough which is why you do a study. To my knowledge there is no efforts to track that. Also why was the clock ticking? 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The idea of tracking people's antibodies and how often they are hospitalized is not science? I am not sure what level is strong enough which is why you do a study. To my knowledge there is no efforts to track that. Also why was the clock ticking? 

Hahaha. You’re a clown. 

Like Trump’s bleach / UV light ideas. Don’t change Timmy. 

32 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hahaha. You’re a clown. 

Like Trump’s bleach / UV light ideas. Don’t change Timmy. 

Or flying machines?. Or walking on the moon? Or the internet?  This is from someone who is on post 5,000 in a thread about vaccines that were spurred on by DONALD TRUMP!!

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Science is now for clowns- that is a bold strategy-you went from being simply a douche to a troll. 

Says the guy who says we should allow people to skip vaccines based on a test not readily available that measures a number no scientist can identify, a number that wanes at a rate no scientist can definitively measure. Mmkay. 

39 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Says the guy who says we should allow people to skip vaccines based on a test not readily available that measures a number no scientist can identify, a number that wanes at a rate no scientist can definitively measure. Mmkay. 

I’m genuinely confused here. Yes, I’m against vaccine mandates. No I have not received the COVID vaccine. But I am genuinely asking……

How is it possible to test antibodies from the vaccine if they can’t test antibodies from infection? How can anyone say “the vaccines produce ____ amount of antibodies meaning your risk is reduced to ______.” But they cannot do the same for someone who was previously infected? 

1 minute ago, billsfan5121 said:

I’m genuinely confused here. Yes, I’m against vaccine mandates. No I have not received the COVID vaccine. But I am genuinely asking……

How is it possible to test antibodies from the vaccine if they can’t test antibodies from infection? How can anyone say “the vaccines produce ____ amount of antibodies meaning your risk is reduced to ______.” But they cannot do the same for someone who was previously infected? 

The AMOUNT of antibodies required by anyone to prevent infection is not known, though Dr Timmy states it should be our measure. 

The effectiveness of the vaccine is not measured by antibody amounts. It’s measured comparing placebo vs vaxxed patient outcomes. 

20 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The AMOUNT of antibodies required by anyone to prevent infection is not known, though Dr Timmy states it should be our measure. 

The effectiveness of the vaccine is not measured by antibody amounts. It’s measured comparing placebo vs vaxxed patient outcomes. 

Dr. Timmy.  That's a good one.  I'll have to use it.  I notice he hasn't participated in my thread about health insurers applying surcharges to the unvaccinated.  

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

1 hour ago, billsfan5121 said:

I stated a few days ago that we should study the level of antibodies people have in regards illness and hospitalizations instead of just pushing the vaccine. Sundancer clearly believes that you do an analysis after you have decided the outcome since  he has spent the past few days asking what level is safe for antibodies. Since I do not have the results of a study not done yet he claims I am anti science. But to your point that "there is no test" Hong Kong has had one since June- https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202106/26/P2021062600414.htm

And you can identify the level of antibodies I have an article from 2020 explaining that they can- https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/covid-19-what-you-need-to-know-about-antibody-testing/

and i will ask again...would not a better number be comparing real world infections in vaxed vs unvaxed people? 

But the CDC has chosen to not track that...why is that?

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

and i will ask again...would not a better number be comparing real world infections in vaxed vs unvaxed people? 

But the CDC has chosen to not track that...why is that?

Lots of places attempt to track that but it’s not easy. If I get a positive PCR  test from CVS, they don’t know my vaccination status but I still count as a positive case. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Dr. Timmy.  That's a good one.  I'll have to use it.  I notice he hasn't participated in my thread about health insurers applying surcharges to the unvaccinated.  

Sundancer you lie about me because you are always wrong. C3 you act as if you are clever with allowing health insurance to charge different rates, they do that now for a lot of different reasons, so why would it be special this time?