It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How to become a Bazillionaire

Step 1 - Create a product that 90% of the population wants

Step 2 - Work with governments to mandate that everyone take your product over and over again 

Step 3 - Profit! 

One step plan.  Marry that person.  

On 7/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

No. Get your damn vaccine, just like your hero Trump did.

I got mine, because it was my choice to do so. This immunization will not stop me from carrying or transmitting the virus so if someone chooses not to get the vaccine and get really sick or die, that is on them. 

I have taken care of many patients who have had a variety of viruses; The common trend that started the downward spiral was obesity, COPD, kidney disease, CHF, CAD, emphysema, diabetes, old age and other co-morbidities. COVID acts no different than other viruses.

In the beginning it was being treated wrong as well. Ventilators were killing people because PEEP was stretching the inflamed alveoli further where permeability/O2 transport was even more diminished. We now know how to treat this and this virus has just about ran its course. My guess, it will continue to mutate like the flu and a tweak to the vaccine will happen and folks will opt to get the vaccine or not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I got mine, because it was my choice to do so. This immunization will not stop me from carrying or transmitting the virus so if someone chooses not to get the vaccine and get really sick or die, that is on them. 

I have taken care of many patients who have had a variety of viruses; The common trend that started the downward spiral was obesity, COPD, kidney disease, CHF, CAD, emphysema, diabetes, old age and other co-morbidities. COVID acts no different than other viruses.

In the beginning it was being treated wrong as well. Ventilators were killing people because PEEP was stretching the inflamed alveoli further where permeability/O2 transport was even more diminished. We now know how to treat this and this virus has just about ran its course. My guess, it will continue to mutate like the flu and a tweak to the vaccine will happen and folks will opt to get the vaccine or not. 

you seem like you have a good grasp of the science and not a ideologue. good news we need people to seperate the bullsh*+.

i been watching this guy on and off. its who way back last year produced documented studies natural immunity showed great results showing protection was looking robust for at the very least 5 years. 

here is another based on "horse paste" being VERY effective for what it is used for. at $.06 a pill it makes alot of sense why it is demonized. the same sense on why natural immunity is quickly discounted.

any opinions on what he is saying or the studies he is presenting..before it vanishes that is. 

Edited by Buffarukus

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Pretty much everyone. See data.

See above.

So they work for those that are vaccinate and does not for those unvaccinated?  So the only ones truly harmed here are those that have chosen NOT to get the vaccine?  Is that correct? 

13 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

here is another based on "horse paste" being VERY effective for what it is used for. at $.06 a pill it makes alot of sense why it is demonized. the

The blogger known as Scott a Alexander (a real life MD/psychiatrist, not a virologist) just did his own highly readable meta analysis of the various ivermectin studies. I would urge anyone to read it. It is fair and evenhanded, and ends with some intriguing speculation that is presented as exactly that. Bottom line: those who think ivermectin may be of value aren’t necessarily nuts (although many are), the results of studies are suggestive of some potential value, but they are riddled with everything ranging from sampling error to confounding variables to out-and-out fraud. It’s a long read but a good one. Recommended for all, on every side of the great COVID vaccine/treatment debates:

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/ivermectin-much-more-than-you-wanted

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I'll patiently wait for my Nobel Prize in medicine, but you could start to contain this pandemic in a more permanent fashion in months if everyone supplemented with Vitamin D.  One pill a day, get it from anywhere you want.  .Gov pays for two blood tests, get it where ever you want.  Keep it above 25.  It's a fact that if you are elderly, obese or have co-morbidity like cancer your D levels are in the tank and you must supplement.  

You don't need billions of $700 COVID pills.  You don't need to vaccinate everyone 10x over.  I hate how modern medicine has suddenly turned a blind eye to Vitamin D deficiency despite spending the last three decades trying to lower flu cases through Vitamin D supplementation.  IT IS THE SAME PROBLEM - viruses find a way in through deficiency.

I've yet to see a single study that looks at blood levels of people who've died from COVID, have had severe COVID, have had mild cases, and those that don't seem to catch it regardless of exposure. I bet that cases of death and serious COVID, that level is below 30 and those that walk around without catching it have high levels and that the reason breakthrough keeps happening is because regardless of vaccination, the patient's Vitamin D level is dangerously low.  

20 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'll patiently wait for my Nobel Prize in medicine, but you could start to contain this pandemic in a more permanent fashion in months if everyone supplemented with Vitamin D.  One pill a day, get it from anywhere you want.  .Gov pays for two blood tests, get it where ever you want.  Keep it above 25.  It's a fact that if you are elderly, obese or have co-morbidity like cancer your D levels are in the tank and you must supplement.  

You don't need billions of $700 COVID pills.  You don't need to vaccinate everyone 10x over.  I hate how modern medicine has suddenly turned a blind eye to Vitamin D deficiency despite spending the last three decades trying to lower flu cases through Vitamin D supplementation.  IT IS THE SAME PROBLEM - viruses find a way in through deficiency.

I've yet to see a single study that looks at blood levels of people who've died from COVID, have had severe COVID, have had mild cases, and those that don't seem to catch it regardless of exposure. I bet that cases of death and serious COVID, that level is below 30 and those that walk around without catching it have high levels and that the reason breakthrough keeps happening is because regardless of vaccination, the patient's Vitamin D level is dangerously low.  

My D is 87.4 so I'm good.  

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So they work for those that are vaccinate and does not for those unvaccinated?  So the only ones truly harmed here are those that have chosen NOT to get the vaccine?  Is that correct? 

Work and work perfectly are of course different. 

Get vaccinated to protect yourself and others, especially elderly and at risk people. 

It's really not that hard. 

Also get booster-ized. Got mine on Monday. 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Big pharm at the epicenter of it all! Zinc and Vitamin D are my friends!!!

14 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

you seem like you have a good grasp of the science and not a ideologue. good news we need people to seperate the bullsh*+.

i been watching this guy on and off. its who way back last year produced documented studies natural immunity showed great results showing protection was looking robust for at the very least 5 years. 

here is another based on "horse paste" being VERY effective for what it is used for. at $.06 a pill it makes alot of sense why it is demonized. the same sense on why natural immunity is quickly discounted.

any opinions on what he is saying or the studies he is presenting..before it vanishes that is. 

Therapeutics work, but ya know, not enough money for big pharm in that. Thanks my friend, I am just stating what I have seen and done where the rubber meets the road along with quality, evidenced based, peer reviewed research.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Work and work perfectly are of course different. 

Get vaccinated to protect yourself and others, especially elderly and at risk people. 

It's really not that hard. 

Also get booster-ized. Got mine on Monday. 

Aren't others, elder and people at risk already protected by their vaccinations/boosters? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Blue states are a death cult!

Why aren't they shutting down!??

Not a peep from the "Deathsantis" wing of the CCPDNC

Screenshot_20211117-181309_Chrome.jpg

A lady I work with got “the call” today.  Apparently her 7 year old was in her assigned pod-seat in school and on 11/15, a child in the same pod-section tested positive for COVID.  “The call” came from the school advising her that her daughter must be picked up, quarantined and remain sequestered for 12 days because the (apparently) vaxxed child spread the vid.   That, of course creates all sorts of challenges:

• Both parents work, ironically in part to pay for the privilege of send their child to school.  So time off will be essential to watch the unpodded child, who may or may not be positive;
  • Both parents feel the mandates and COVID push is a political issue, not a medical issue, so words were exchanged with the school principal;
  • The 7 year old has a sister who attends the same school, lives in the same house, rides the same bus who is not subject to removal from school and depodding.  She’ll be in attendance tomorrow, and when my friend inquired as to the logic therein, she was told “not my job, I don’t make the rules”.  See bullet point 2. 

Blue states, go figure. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Blue states are a death cult!

Why aren't they shutting down!??

Not a peep from the "Deathsantis" wing of the CCPDNC

Screenshot_20211117-181309_Chrome.jpg

You think they won’t be shutting stuff down and enacting mandates into the winter rise? I suspect it’s coming. 

NE states spiking up. Did the same last year too. Hopefully people got vaxxed and boosted. 

Anecdotal story today: We had our first break through case at the office this week. We’ve had zero issues in well over a year. Everyone on the team is vaccinated and yet one of my staff got it from his adult live-in son and now he’s been sent home where he, his wife and son all have a severe case of the virus. Another staff member, also vaccinated, just tested positive. So…now I had to send my entire team home to get tested and quarantine. I’ll keep you posted.

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A lady I work with got “the call” today.  Apparently her 7 year old was in her assigned pod-seat in school and on 11/15, a child in the same pod-section tested positive for COVID.  “The call” came from the school advising her that her daughter must be picked up, quarantined and remain sequestered for 12 days because the (apparently) vaxxed child spread the vid.   That, of course creates all sorts of challenges:

• Both parents work, ironically in part to pay for the privilege of send their child to school.  So time off will be essential to watch the unpodded child, who may or may not be positive;
  • Both parents feel the mandates and COVID push is a political issue, not a medical issue, so words were exchanged with the school principal;
  • The 7 year old has a sister who attends the same school, lives in the same house, rides the same bus who is not subject to removal from school and depodding.  She’ll be in attendance tomorrow, and when my friend inquired as to the logic therein, she was told “not my job, I don’t make the rules”.  See bullet point 2. 

Blue states, go figure. 

Thankfully this year Florida  figured out to simply test that we're in area of sick kid. If they don't have illness let them come to school. Last year my son had to quarantine one time but he is 16 and well behaved so not.mich of an issue for the 4 days before Christmas break.

• Like (+1) 1