DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s Florida there’s not a balance of ideologies

They are literally right winging curriculum in the schools in Florida

I mean, it’s not my state I don’t live there. I’m not going to live there. It’s just notable that a presidential candidate is doing that.

Well, I doubt Ron will be winning the nomination…

I don’t mind states doing what they want…you get what you vote for…

Ron doesn't love the poorly educated, and they don't love him back.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/07/31/us/elections/times-siena-poll-republican-primary-crosstabs.html

And proving that the Horseshoe Theory of Politics is correct, percentage of likely Republican primary voters who express a favorable opinion of RFK Jr., a candidate who is to the left of Joe Biden: 53%.  Percent who have a favorable opinion of Mike Pence: 44%.

EDIT: In a play for the highly sought-after Poorly Educated vote, Ron now thinks he's found the issue: Easy Money!! Calls for the ouster of Jerome Powell. Too much monetary tightening. Bring inflation back, we demand our inflation!! 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/desantis-calls-for-ending-normal-trade-ties-with-china-26417f12?mod=hp_lead_pos3

The Florida governor also said he would work to oust Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell before his post expires in 2026, adding to his continuing criticism of the Fed, and said he would support rules governing how the central bank sets interest rates.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Notice that nobody from our MAGA crew responded to this.  If there was a benefit to slavery and good that came from it, then why not sign up to be a slave yourself and see how it goes?  

Do you know that you are lying about the bill? Or do you just not do any research?

17 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you know that you are lying about the bill? Or do you just not do any research?

When you get in an argument with an idiot, it’s hard to tell who the bigger idiot is.  

Lesson I’m re learning around here with some of our friends of authoritarianism.  

Edited by Big Blitz

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

worst 5 Fla jobs ((imo)

1. librarian 1.a trans athlete

2.college prof at liberal school

3.Covid researcher

4. Black woman Disney executive 

5. Black man Disney executive

honorable mention to insurance adjuster

Why? This list is as if you believe everything the media says without a thought of your own. Is something going on at Disney that I am not aware?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Hoax.  I’m not lying.  You’re dodging the point.  Why not sign up to be a slave?  You seem to think it had some benefits.  So go for it. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

When you get in an argument with an idiot, it’s hard to tell who the bigger idiot is.  

Lesson I’m re learning around here with some of our friends of authoritarianism.  

Hoax.  You’re the commie who wants the government to step in to curb inflation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That is an impressive amount of words to then come back and state " quote me" and then deny you posted it. How about you simply write down in what way you disagree with my statement, maybe give the concept of thinking a try

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I’m not lying.  You’re dodging the point.  Why not sign up to be a slave?  You seem to think it had some benefits.  So go for it. 

So intentionally ignorant, got it. The fact that you think black people had no skills during reconstruction is truly appallingly racist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

That is an impressive amount of words to then come back and state " quote me" and then deny you posted it. How about you simply write down in what way you disagree with my statement, maybe give the concept of thinking a try

So intentionally ignorant, got it. The fact that you think black people had no skills during reconstruction is truly appallingly racist. 

That’s not what I think at all.  Maybe if it was such a great trade school experience people like you should sign up for it today.  

There are some things in life with respect to which there can be no equivocation.  Slavery is one of them.  There was nothing good about slavery.  Attempting to mollify it, or soften it, only takes time away from what should be taught about it: it was wrong then, it’s wrong now, it was racist, and its true horrors probably can never be adequately understood generations later.

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

You made a claim that I said something - you can go quote me or gtfoh.

Ron DeSantis' awkward comeback effort
The Florida governor has stuck to his old talking points, and the focus on retail politics has been less than smooth.

ROCHESTER, N.H. — For $1, New Hampshire voters were invited to drink beer with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday in Concord.

But barely more than two dozen people showed up at the New Hampshire Home Builders Association, which slashed the ticket price for the general public from $50 late in the week in order to build the crowd.

By the time the event started, an hour late, there were just 30 people in the room.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-awkward-comeback-effort-rcna97317

Beer, barbecue and a bus: Inside Ron DeSantis' awkward comeback effort
The Florida governor has stuck to his old talking points, and the focus on retail politics has been less than smooth.

ROCHESTER, N.H. — For $1, New Hampshire voters were invited to drink beer with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday in Concord. But barely more than two dozen people showed up 

https://flipboard.com/topic/alcohol/beer-barbecue-and-a-bus-inside-ron-desantis-awkward-comeback-effort/a-iqjlbYZNQQK2lbLsv92Q4w%3Aa%3A43591897-a05328324b%2Fnbcnews.com

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

worst 5 Fla jobs ((imo)

1. librarian 1.a trans athlete

2.college prof at liberal school

3.Covid researcher

4. Black woman Disney executive 

5. Black man Disney executive

honorable mention to insurance adjuster

You forgot Democratic gubernatorial candidate…. That’s straight to the unemployment line 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2