DeSantis For President in 2024?

Let's be clear: we're honestly getting pretty sick and tired of talking about Florida's cOnTrOvErSiAL new curriculum, the one that purportedly teaches students that slaves benefited from slavery but actually not only teaches no such thing, but teaches the exact opposite.

We're sick and tired of it because we're sick and tired of Democrats and liberals and media misrepresenting the curriculum, either out of ignorance or out of malicious intent to spread a false narrative.

So we have no choice but to keep talking about it. Because we don't like letting lying liars get away with their lies.

And now that we're talking about, let's talk about something that you might not know about. We didn't know about it, until it was recently brought to light by economic and political historian Phil Magness:

Phil Magness

@PhilWMagness

1619 Project adviser Ed Baptist's book "The Half Has Never Been Told" makes a nearly identical claim as the Florida curriculum regarding slaves who acquired skills.

Image 1: the Florida standards.

Image 2: Ed Baptist's book, p. 103

F2ZwQyNXUAITvDD?format=jpg&name=medium  F2ZwSZFXcAEBn--?format=png&name=900x900

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/08/01/1619-project-adviser-florida-curriculum-n2385903

As I said previously, gee it's almost like they lied simply to attack DeSantis.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Excellent!.  I also forgot state vaccination compliance officer...

more lies-not a plug for him as he has had his share of gaffes but Ron was actually well ahead of the curve of distributing vaccines, prioritizing the vulnerable and leveraging existing supply chains to get the state immunized. Remember the lefty media tried to smear him for working with Publix? 

by the way I was just there for a week and I’d put landscaper or roofer at the top of that list. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

more lies-not a plug for him as he has had his share of gaffes but Ron was actually well ahead of the curve of distributing vaccines, prioritizing the vulnerable and leveraging existing supply chains to get the state immunized. Remember the lefty media tried to smear him for working with Publix? 

by the way I was just there for a week and I’d put landscaper or roofer at the top of that list. 

good point.  and pretty much any job dealing with garbage or asphalt

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s not what I think at all.  Maybe if it was such a great trade school experience people like you should sign up for it today.  

There are some things in life with respect to which there can be no equivocation.  Slavery is one of them.  There was nothing good about slavery.  Attempting to mollify it, or soften it, only takes time away from what should be taught about it: it was wrong then, it’s wrong now, it was racist, and its true horrors probably can never be adequately understood generations later.

Who, or what,  are you responding to in this diatribe? It is not at all related to the standard or what I have written. Imagine hearing the words that slaves had skills and responding with this crap.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Let's be clear: we're honestly getting pretty sick and tired of talking about Florida's cOnTrOvErSiAL new curriculum, the one that purportedly teaches students that slaves benefited from slavery but actually not only teaches no such thing, but teaches the exact opposite.

We're sick and tired of it because we're sick and tired of Democrats and liberals and media misrepresenting the curriculum, either out of ignorance or out of malicious intent to spread a false narrative.

So we have no choice but to keep talking about it. Because we don't like letting lying liars get away with their lies.

And now that we're talking about, let's talk about something that you might not know about. We didn't know about it, until it was recently brought to light by economic and political historian Phil Magness:

Phil Magness

@PhilWMagness

1619 Project adviser Ed Baptist's book "The Half Has Never Been Told" makes a nearly identical claim as the Florida curriculum regarding slaves who acquired skills.

Image 1: the Florida standards.

Image 2: Ed Baptist's book, p. 103

F2ZwQyNXUAITvDD?format=jpg&name=medium  F2ZwSZFXcAEBn--?format=png&name=900x900

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/08/01/1619-project-adviser-florida-curriculum-n2385903

As I said previously, gee it's almost like they lied simply to attack DeSantis.

The dems and msm spun this into proslavery curricula and the dummy lib sheep bought it hook line and sinker. 

So easily programed and outraged-  will believe anything. 😂 

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They were dropped - but why did he send an apology?

Apologies Sent To the Apaches By Rights Chief

Go for it!

so it was more of a strange adoption scenario not a kidnapping? But cool headlines. As for the animal comment he is a black guy so if he wants to call people of his own race animals but I’d like to see the context as well

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so it was more of a strange adoption scenario not a kidnapping? But cool headlines. As for the animal comment he is a black guy so if he wants to call people of his own race animals but I’d like to see the context as well

If you read up on it - there was clearly confusion about his INTENT, right?  Hence, an apology BY HIM; not the police.

7 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I'm sorry I hurt your feelers!

Oh, I'm good precious!

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Other than the whole “kidnapping” thing, which requires more context, I think the Left is reaching on the other points mentioned…

It would appear that the Left is attacking Allen because he does not subscribe to their victimization of black people…FACTS!

And he is absolutely right about once you give one group of people special privileges, more and more start coming out of the “woodwork” looking for their own special privileges…We see this with just about every non-white, non-straight group in society…

“Diversity” is just another word for criminality going unchecked, and immorality being celebrated…👍

If you have no standards, then nothing has value- nothing is sacred, and in need of being protected…Kind of like free speech to the Left…😉

Thanks for the info on this guy…👍

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Other than the whole “kidnapping” thing, which requires more context, I think the Left is reaching on the other points mentioned…

It would appear that the Left is attacking Allen because he does not subscribe to their victimization of black people…FACTS!

And he is absolutely right about once you give one group of people special privileges, more and more start coming out of the “woodwork” looking for their own special privileges…We see this with just about every non-white, non-straight group in society…

“Diversity” is just another word for criminality going unchecked, and immorality being celebrated…👍

If you have no standards, then nothing has value- nothing is sacred, and in need of being protected…Kind of like free speech to the Left…😉

Thanks for the info on this guy…👍

Then why send an apology?