DeSantis For President in 2024?

Disney 1; DeSantis 0. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/digital/news/disney-earnings-beat-disney-plus-subscribers-152-million-1235338055/amp/

Now, exactly where are all those posters who said Disney Gone Woke would result in a mass exodus of subscribers and park visitors?

Don’t mess with The Mouse, Ronnie Boy. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Disney 1; DeSantis 0. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/digital/news/disney-earnings-beat-disney-plus-subscribers-152-million-1235338055/amp/

Now, exactly where are all those posters who said Disney Gone Woke would result in a mass exodus of subscribers and park visitors?

Don’t mess with The Mouse, Ronnie Boy. 

How does the largest company in the state making a ton of money hurt DeSantis? As of this point they have not bankrolled either of his opponents so I don't think they are too upset with him. 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How does the largest company in the state making a ton of money hurt DeSantis? As of this point they have not bankrolled either of his opponents so I don't think they are too upset with him. 

It doesn’t hurt DeSantis. 
It just proves that DeSantis playing to his base by trying to harm Disney is a joke. Disney just swats aside the likes of DeSantis and his trailer trash fan base and continues printing money. 

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It just proves that DeSantis playing to his base by trying to harm Disney is a joke. Disney just swats aside the likes of DeSantis and his trailer trash fan base and continues printing money. 

His intent is not to harm Disney, it is to help Florida. The fact that you admit Disney doing well is not a bad thing for him makes your initial statement just a political hack move.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

His intent is not to harm Disney, it is to help Florida. The fact that you admit Disney doing well is not a bad thing for him makes your initial statement just a political hack move.

Thank you.

How much did "Lightyear" make btw?

They'll implode.  I'm not rooting for it.  But it's inevitable.  

Go woke.  Go broke.  

Edited by Big Blitz

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is to tap into the right culture war in order to advance his political ambitions.  Smart people on the right want a palatable alternative to Trump while continuing the "Trumpism" movement.  That's in both his policies and his ability to fight back against whatever they see as a threat.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Go woke.  Go broke.  

I can confirm I just watched it on Disney plus because I needed something to occupy my niece.  It was okay but not as good as any of the Toy Story movies.

Edited by Doc Brown

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I can confirm I just watched it on Disney plus because I needed something to occupy my niece.  It was okay but not as good as any of the Toy Story movies.

I'd put it on par or slightly better than Toy Story 2, but the whole premise was kind of strange. It lacks any of the charming humor inherent in a story about walking talking toys. They could've just made an original character with the same premise and it may have turned out to be a new classic.

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Disney is a really interesting victim for the liberal class.  While Dems are always looking for the next evil corporation/billionaire/millionaire to complain about, they’re all about the heroic Fortune 500 Goliath allowed an incredible ability to self-regulate.

It’s a capitalist’s dream, and pretty amazing story of what happens when government gets out of the way. 

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd put it on par or slightly better than Toy Story 2, but the whole premise was kind of strange. It lacks any of the charming humor inherent in a story about walking talking toys. They could've just made an original character with the same premise and it may have turned out to be a new classic.

It was dumb.  And IMHO Encanto was pretty poor as well.  I was also disappointed with Obi Wan and The Book of Boba Fett, which I couldn't even finish.  The Mandalorian was great and probably the best Star Wars product they've put out in decades, but it was just a 2-season thing.  They're going to have to come up with better content because they've already done the cartoon-to-live-action schtick.

But most of all, I want season passes for Disney World back.  I have had their DVC since 2008 and we've gone there one to 2 times a year since 2000, but until they bring back SPs, I'm just going to accumulate points.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It was dumb.  And IMHO Encanto was pretty poor as well.  I was also disappointed with Obi Wan and The Book of Boba Fett, which I couldn't even finish.  The Mandalorian was great and probably the best Star Wars product they've put out in decades, but it was just a 2-season thing.  They're going to have to come up with better content because they've already done the cartoon-to-live-action schtick.

But most of all, I want season passes for Disney World back.  I have had their DVC since 2008 and we've gone there one to 2 times a year since 2000, but until they bring back SPs, I'm just going to accumulate points.

Pretty sure there will be a Mando season 3...

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Thank you.

Go woke.  Go broke.  

Apparently you didn’t read the links. 
“Go woke, go broke.” You and many others predicted a big loss of Disney+ subscribers based on their “woke” statements on the Don’t Say Gay law. The exact opposite happened. Netflix and other streaming services are bleeding subscribers. Disney is gaining them. 
And against all evidence, you continue to chant the mantra: go woke, go broke. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

“Go woke, go broke.” You and many others predicted a big loss of Disney+ subscribers based on their “woke” statements on the Don’t Say Gay law. The exact opposite happened. Netflix and other streaming services are bleeding subscribers. Disney is gaining them. 

Correct.  

Netflix went woke first.  

Disney is still being included in every B.S. bundle - give it time - this wasn't going to be an overnight plummet

Which isn't something I'm rooting for by the way.  We want good programming and quality from Hollywood 

That just doesn't exist anymore.  

Because the focus is woke.  

If you aren't, you better be Tom Cruise and Tony Scott with a genius idea for a sequel to a 35 year old movie that doesn't take a dump all over America 

Maverick didn't even open in China or Russia and will still make 2 billion.  

And fyi.....not sure we said they'd lose subscribers strictly on their opposition to the anti grooming LGBTQ They/Them law on 7 year olds.  

We said this is the continuation of a pattern that will inevitably lead to that.   

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If you aren't, you better be Tom Cruise and Tony Scott with a genius idea for a sequel to a 35 year old movie that doesn't take a dump all over America 

There was backlash because they removed the Taiwanese flag from the patch of his leather jacket in the belief it was done to appease China in the initial trailer.  They then caved after the outcry and put it back on.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed.  You can't ignore Disney+ increase in subscribers and then blame the first loss of Netflix subscribers in history on going woke.  Ignoring the former and embracing the latter is what you call confirmation bias.  Increased streaming competition and a raise in prices is why Netflix struggled this last quarter.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Toy Story 2 blew the doors off Lightyear imo.  Spin-offs are rarely successful.

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed.  You can't ignore Disney+ increase in subscribers and then blame the first loss of Netflix subscribers in history on going woke.  Ignoring the former and embracing the latter is what you call confirmation bias.  Increased streaming competition and a raise in prices is why Netflix struggled this last quarter.  

Disney plus has been around what, 2 years?

Disney offers something more then the other Woke streams - the Disney legacy films etc that parents want their kids to have access to 

It's been 3 months since Disney spoke out bc their moronic employees who openly admit to pushing the agenda on kids complained they didn't speak up against the bill?

Don't worry.  DeSantis will have a massive platform very soon to tout how you deal with woke Anti American corporations.  

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Is to tap into the right culture war in order to advance his political ambitions.  Smart people on the right want a palatable alternative to Trump while continuing the "Trumpism" movement.  That's in both his policies and his ability to fight back against whatever they see as a threat.

I know we will not agree but he is not simply getting in on the culture war. He has obvious political ambition and does play that game well but his decisions have helped Florida become the most free state in the Union.