DeSantis For President in 2024?

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-shatters-record-coronavirus-cases-194649707.html

The Dems must be terrified of him if they are running this article. They admit that Florida is doing better than NY, that virtually no one is dying from Omicron but DeSantis has not been seen in two weeks, which is school vacation time. The worst accusation in the article is the long lines for testing in the Miami area, though testing sites are run by counties and maybe DeSantis should take over the testing sites in Dem counties so they can actually run well 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:42 PM, Big Blitz said:

World's last best hope

"Live like normal people."  

Yep.  I think he's saying if you want to get away from the folks in 2 masks, move to Florida.   

DeSantis better start recognizing I don't need anymore neighbors. I appreciate the fact my taxes are low, my childrens school is excellent, and my neighborhood is extremely safe but at some point these people are gonna start giving me headaches.

• Haha (+1) 1

No state mandates.  This is after Christmas and New Year's. 

But mask up everyone!

Florida COVID update: Rolling 7-day case average decreases for first time in 26 days

In the past seven days, as the omicron version of the virus has circulated, the state has added 20 deaths and 56,611 cases per day on average, according to Herald calculations.

This is the first time the rolling seven-day case average has decreased since Dec. 10., when the average was 1,700. On Wednesday the average was 58,216.

All but 10 of the newly reported cases — about 99.9% — occurred since Dec. 9, according to the Miami Herald analysis.

Of the deaths added, about 90% of the newly reported have died in the past two weeks, the analysis showed.

There were 8,406 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Thursday report. This data is reported from 260 Florida hospitals. 

COVID-19 patients take up 14.45% of all inpatient beds in the latest report, compared to 14.06% among Wednesday’s reporting hospitals.

Omicron, so far, is not as deadly as delta’s surge last summer. Hospitalizations are approaching records set during delta’s wave from July through September.

At delta’s August peak, more than 15,000 people were hospitalized in Florida, with over 25% of all inpatient beds being filled by COVID patients, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article257097872.html

This is good news for everyone.

Your Governor is just a moron.

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You know. I've said it many times. 

Well, I don’t recall, specifically, what you disliked about his voting policies...so I will say this- I have yet to hear anything, personally, that seems like it would be unconstitutional...

Now, maybe there is something, and I just haven’t heard of it yet- I don’t know...But that’s why I posted that I’m still waiting to find something I don’t like about him, and that I’m always open to being persuaded about anything...👍

56 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, I don’t recall, specifically, what you disliked about his voting policies...so I will say this- I have yet to hear anything, personally, that seems like it would be unconstitutional...

Now, maybe there is something, and I just haven’t heard of it yet- I don’t know...But that’s why I posted that I’m still waiting to find something I don’t like about him, and that I’m always open to being persuaded about anything...👍

If I remember correctly it banned ballot harvesting and made it so you had to actually request a ballot if you wanted to vote by mail.  I think it also prevented political parties from bribing homeless with food to vote for their candidates.   

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

If I remember correctly it banned ballot harvesting and made it so you had to actually request a ballot if you wanted to vote by mail.  I think it also prevented political parties from bribing homeless with food to vote for their candidates.   

If so, then these seem like policies I could definitely get behind...sounds very reasonable...

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trump better not go anywhere. BillStime would be forced to come out of his basement and get an actual life….or at the very least, a job. 

Says the guy posting from his step mother's basement. Go get a job 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nope, that's KGB Putin's job 

Beyond being a Marxist, Harris is unlikable.  She has no chance to win the Presidency.  But the Dems have a massive problem because they'll need to get rid of her without alienating POC, who are more and more leaving the Dem party.  Replacing her might open the floodgates.  So do they pander and nominate another POC as President?  Stay tuned!

Just now, Doc said:

Beyond being a Marxist, Harris is unlikable.  She has no chance to win the Presidency.  But the Dems have a massive problem because they'll need to get rid of her without alienating POC, who are more and more leaving the Dem party.  Replacing her might open the floodgates.  So do they pander and nominate another POC as President?  Stay tuned!

I bet Biden is the nominee. Look at all the old Senators who win re-election. If there is a primary, someone else will emerge. If Trump is the nominee, he will be beat. If he isn't, he will help Dems win, because he will hate who ever is the GOP nominee 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I bet Biden is the nominee. Look at all the old Senators who win re-election. If there is a primary, someone else will emerge. If Trump is the nominee, he will be beat. If he isn't, he will help Dems win, because he will hate who ever is the GOP nominee 

Old senators are rarely on TV as much as Joey, much less looking as feeble as Joey is.  But OK then, let's bet on Biden being the nominee.  How much? 

As for Trump, he'll win if he's nominated because, again, Wuhan virus won't hurt him this time and Joey proved it wasn't his fault.  If he doesn't win the nom, he'll be marginalized.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Old senators are rarely on TV as much as Joey, much less looking as feeble as Joey is.  But OK then, let's bet on Biden being the nominee.  How much? 

As for Trump, he'll win if he's nominated because, again, Wuhan virus won't hurt him this time and Joey proved it wasn't his fault.  If he doesn't win the nom, he'll be marginalized.

Trump won't win. He's stuck on still trying to win the 2020 election. How is that a program for moving forward? Just put him next to a wall and argue with it about how he "won" in 2020. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump won't win. He's stuck on still trying to win the 2020 election. How is that a program for moving forward? Just put him next to a wall and argue with it about how he "won" in 2020. 

Biden won't win given the failure his Presidency has been.  Harris has zero chance.