DeSantis For President in 2024?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When it came to vaccines specifically Desantis had one of the most pragmatic and logical approaches in the country. 

use a statewide grocery chain to get it distribution, prioritize elderly/risk population and encourage people getting it but stop short of draconian mandates. 

Some of his stances are way too conservative for me, but he got vaccines right and took a very moderate compromised approach. 

I don't disagree with that but even the bluest of states refrained from Draconian measures that you saw in Canada or Australia.

As far as his post @BigBlitz implied that vaccines don't help prevent people from getting Covid and that DeSantis was the only politician who knew this the whole time.  That's simply not true.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When it came to vaccines specifically Desantis had one of the most pragmatic and logical approaches in the country. 

use a statewide grocery chain to get it distribution, prioritize elderly/risk population and encourage people getting it but stop short of draconian mandates. 

Some of his stances are way too conservative for me, but he got vaccines right and took a very moderate compromised approach. 

lmao - what a joke. Florida is in the middle of the pact when it comes to total vaccinated. 

Pragmatic and logical? Sure - if you’re talking about DeSantis’ pay to play scheme with the Publix family to help distribute vaccines… btw - the same family that helped fund Jan 6.

Pretty much every state (or I should say blue state) prioritized distribution by demographic and risk.

Yet - not surprising - and this happens everywhere:

How the wealthy cut the line during Florida's frenzied vaccine rollout

Riot cash from Publix heiress is bad. Publix's bankrolling of Gov. DeSantis is worse

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lmao - what a joke. Florida is in the middle of the pact when it comes to total vaccinated. 

Pragmatic and logical? Sure - if you’re talking about DeSantis’ pay to play scheme with the Publix family to help distribute vaccines… btw - the same family that helped fund Jan 6.

Pretty much every state (or I should say blue state) prioritized distribution by demographic and risk.

Yet - not surprising - and this happens everywhere:

How the wealthy cut the line during Florida's frenzied vaccine rollout

Riot cash from Publix heiress is bad. Publix's bankrolling of Gov. DeSantis is worse

This is some conspiracy theory bs.  There was no deal with Publix in Florida any more than there was with Wallgreens or CVS.  The wealthy had a higher vaccination rate than the poor in every state.  Welcome to real life.  These links read as a pathetic hit pieces but this is from the link you provided. 

But then a few weeks later, Governor Ron DeSantis, breaking from CDC guidelines, announced he would not vaccinate teachers and essential workers next but instead put "seniors first," making anyone 65 or over eligible for the vaccine. The first in the country to do that. DeSantis said seniors were at highest risk.

So, Florida prioritized distribution by demographic and risk quicker than any other state.  That was absolutely the right call given the data available at the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

This is some conspiracy theory bs.  There was no deal with Publix in Florida any more than there was with Wallgreens or CVS.  The wealthy had a higher vaccination rate than the poor in every state.  Welcome to real life.  These links read as a pathetic hit pieces but this is from the link you provided. 

But then a few weeks later, Governor Ron DeSantis, breaking from CDC guidelines, announced he would not vaccinate teachers and essential workers next but instead put "seniors first," making anyone 65 or over eligible for the vaccine. The first in the country to do that. DeSantis said seniors were at highest risk.

So, Florida prioritized distribution by demographic and risk quicker than any other state.  That was absolutely the right call given the data available at the time. 

Publix didn’t make a donation to DeSantis and then a few weeks later the Publix deal was announced? Yeah ok. Everything is just a coincidence when it comes to the cult.

Again - DeSantis’ policies were clearly no more effective over the 20+ states in front of FL when it comes to total vaccinated.

The cult love their losers 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, Doc said:

The CDC has just come out and said they made a lot of mistakes since the beginning.  Shocker.

This is why local municipalities should be following their own guidelines, for what works best for them…👍

• Agree 1

On 8/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, BillStime said:

Publix didn’t make a donation to DeSantis and then a few weeks later the Publix deal was announced? Yeah ok. Everything is just a coincidence when it comes to the cult.

Again - DeSantis’ policies were clearly no more effective over the 20+ states in front of FL when it comes to total vaccinated.

The cult love their losers 

How is DeSantis a loser for showing that his state could still thrive without taking away people’s freedom of choice?

Sounds like a win/win no matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

How is DeSantis a loser for showing that his state could still thrive without taking away people’s freedom of choice?

Sounds like a win/win no matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on…👍

You realize who you responded to, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

@Over 29 years of fanhood - one of our resident independent cult members was praising DeSantis for his “pragmatic and logical approaches” to Floridas vaccination approach as being the best in the country.  

And my only response is - if it is so great - why isn’t Florida vaccination rate in the top 3? Top 5? Top 10? Maybe top 15? Top 20? 

Nope

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

@Over 29 years of fanhood - one of our resident independent cult members was praising DeSantis for his “pragmatic and logical approaches” to Floridas vaccination approach as being the best in the country.  

And my only response is - if it is so great - why isn’t Florida vaccination rate in the top 3? Top 5? Top 10? Maybe top 15? Top 20? 

Nope

Your measure of success is total vaccinated? Why? Because it stops the spread of COVID? We need some blue states, like NY maybe, to lead the way on vaccines 5,6,7. Those are sure to work.  

Comical

Edited by JDHillFan

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Your measure of success is total vaccinated? Why? Because it stops the spread of COVID? We need some blue states, like NY maybe, to lead the way on vaccines 5,6,7. Those are sure to work.  

Comical

What’s comical is the lack of reading comprehension amongst the cult 

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nope

I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t know that I would measure success this way…

For example, why would a high vaccination rate be a measure of success if you could show the relative health of the state without high rates of vaccination?

To me, simply basing success on high vaccination rates only seems like success for the pharmaceutical companies…

Furthermore, if you can show relative health for your state through targeted immunization and early treatment, compared to other states, while keeping the economy going strong, don’t you think that would be a better measure of success?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t know that I would measure success this way…

For example, why would a high vaccination rate be a measure of success if you could show the relative health of the state without high rates of vaccination?

To me, simply basing success on high vaccination rates only seems like success for the pharmaceutical companies…

Furthermore, if you can show relative health for your state, compared to other states, while keeping the economy going strong, don’t you think that would be a better measure of success?

But @Over 29 years of fanhood was praising Xi DeSantis for his distribution of vaccines.

How would one measure its success?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Doc said:

The CDC has just come out and said they made a lot of mistakes since the beginning.  Shocker.

remember when the virus was gonna disappear after the election.  I had several republicans seriously tell me that insanity.  The whole world was in on the conspiracy.