Jacksonville Jag's game question

Does anyone know for certain which side of the field the replay cameras at the jag's stadium are shot from? (visiting or home side?) I went to a Bills game couple years back in Charlotte and my seats were on the opposite side of the field as the replay camera angle was from and it drove me crazy watching all the replays on the large screen in the endzone from the opposite viewpoint of when I'm looking at the field.

Looking into getting tickets for the Bills game down there, but want to be on the same side as the replays are shot from.

21 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does anyone know for certain which side of the field the replay cameras at the jag's stadium are shot from? (visiting or home side?) I went to a Bills game couple years back in Charlotte and my seats were on the opposite side of the field as the replay camera angle was from and it drove me crazy watching all the replays on the large screen in the endzone from the opposite viewpoint of when I'm looking at the field.

Looking into getting tickets for the Bills game down there, but want to be on the same side as the replays are shot from.

Can’t help with the replay cameras, but I’d be more concerned about the sun. I’ve been to a few games there and I wouldn’t take tickets for free in the first month or so. I would want the sun at my back!  (EDIT: and this comes from a guy who lived in Florida for 18 years.) 

It can be so blazing hot early in the season we found ourselves as the only people still in our row of maybe 25 seats. We finally gave in and moved indoors to the AC and watched on tiny monitors with the other people who had paid $250/seat. The Bills were actually rotating OL guys so they didn’t die. Same for Tampa and Miami in the first month or so of the season. 

Sorry for the tangent, and you should be fine in November. That experience had an impact on me! Expect more Bill fans than Jags fans, probably like 4 to 1. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Can’t help with the replay cameras, but I’d be more concerned about the sun. I’ve been to a few games there and I wouldn’t take tickets for free in the first month or so. I would want the sun at my back!

It can be so blazing hot early in the season we found ourselves as the only people still in our row of maybe 25 seats. We finally gave in and moved indoors to the AC and watched on tiny monitors with the other people who had paid $250/seat. The Bills were actually rotating OL guys so they didn’t die. Same for Tampa and Miami in the first month or so of the season. 

Sorry for the tangent, and you should be fine in November. That experience had an impact on me! Expect more Bill fans than Jags fans, probably like 4 to 1. 

That was the same issue had in Charlotte to. Opposite side for replays AND in the sun and this was mid September.  Actually was a cool day for September in Charlotte only upper 80's or so. but full sun. Had club level seats so watched more than half the game inside in AC.  That was Mc'd first year, Bills almost pulled out a win by Zay Jones dropped his first potential TD pass a Bill in the last minute.

The home team, is on the shade side from what I can tell in Jacksonville, plus this is November.  I'm guessing that's the camera side, but not certain.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That was the same issue had in Charlotte to. Opposite side for replays AND in the sun and this was mid September.  Actually was a cool day for September in Charlotte only upper 80's or so. but full sun. Had club level seats so watched more than half the game inside in AC.  That was Mc'd first year, Bills almost pulled out a win by Zay Jones dropped his first potential TD pass a Bill in the last minute.

The home team, is on the shade side from what I can tell in Jacksonville, plus this is November.  I'm guessing that's the camera side, but not certain.

My wife is from the Charlotte area (Rock Hill, SC) and the difference between there and JAX, or anywhere in Florida is enormous! I get it still gets hot (lived in SC for about 15 years), but you can’t pay me enough to go to a game in Florida in September! 

I’m curious (but NOT critical) of why you are so concerned with the replay side. What difference does that make to you? Just curious. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife is from the Charlotte area (Rock Hill, SC) and the difference between there and JAX, or anywhere in Florida is enormous! I get it still gets hot (lived in SC for about 15 years), but you can’t pay me enough to go to a game in Florida in September! 

I’m curious (but NOT critical) of why you are so concerned with the replay side. What difference does that make to you? Just curious.

"I went to a Bills game couple years back in Charlotte and my seats were on the opposite side of the field as the replay camera angle was from and it drove me crazy watching all the replays on the large screen in the endzone from the opposite viewpoint of when I'm looking at the field." ~ Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Haha (+1) 2

The game is 11/7 so probably in the 80’s and at 1pm so not a lot of shade.  If you get the more expensive

seats meaning the upper part of the lower deck, the upper deck shades you.  I’ve been to several games, usually when the Bills are there,but

cant remember the replay videos.  If you call Ticketmaster, they might know.  It’s right on the river so there should be a slight breeze.  A nice hotel to stay at which is in walking distance of the stadium is the Crown Plaza.  They have a Ruth’s Chris in the hotel.  When you walk across the bridge from the Crosn, there is that area of bars and restaurants so you don’t have to be driving everywhere.

I used to manage that area so when I worked with my Jax rep, I always stayed at the Crown.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

"I went to a Bills game couple years back in Charlotte and my seats were on the opposite side of the field as the replay camera angle was from and it drove me crazy watching all the replays on the large screen in the endzone from the opposite viewpoint of when I'm looking at the field." ~ Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

LOL — yes, I’m sure he could read that.  I think the point of the question is WHY would that “drive someone crazy?”  I agree, it seems a bit odd to be concerned about such a thing.

It’s pretty easy to go on Google maps or Google earth to look at the stadium from an aerial view. The cameras and press box are generally on the south side of every stadium so the sun is behind the camera and on the players. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

10 hours ago, Augie said:

If I go to watch a replay on the video board afterwards and what I'm watching is backwards from what I just saw on the field, it just would mess me up, like what am I watching that looks all different from what I just saw.  It shouldn't matter, but one less thing to think about.

I live in NC now right on the coast and have spent a fair amount of time in Florida too, for the most part we have higher summer temps than Florida does, rarely does Florida have a temp of 100 degrees, but we'll average 3 or 4 a year here, one year had like a dozen. But the extreme hot season is much shorter here than Florida, basically Memorial day to Labor day is the brutal part, whereas Florida still can hit 90 in March and till early Nov sometimes.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s pretty easy to go on Google maps or Google earth to look at the stadium from an aerial view. The cameras and press box are generally on the south side of every stadium so the sun is behind the camera and on the players. 

Saw a photo posted and showed the Jax bench side in the shade so probably that is also the camera angle side too

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I agree. 

However, I was at that game in Charlotte too. It felt like I was sitting on Satan's front porch.

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Saw a photo posted and showed the Jax bench side in the shade so probably that is also the camera angle side too

It probably is but remember the television cameras are placed for the best sun angle. The bench, while important, could have any number of reasons for its location like locker room access, stadium entry, etc

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Can’t help with the replay cameras, but I’d be more concerned about the sun. I’ve been to a few games there and I wouldn’t take tickets for free in the first month or so. I would want the sun at my back!  (EDIT: and this comes from a guy who lived in Florida for 18 years.) 

Probably the worst Bills game I saw weather wise (besides as a kid in WNY going home with numb frozen feet) was in Denver on an alleged beautiful day, maybe it was 84 degrees but it was totally clear day and sitting in the sun at that altitude the UV really hits you hard.

As for the Jags to Bills fans, this is going to be an interesting game for sure.  Year 1 of Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence, Jags ever going to get a "home" crowd it could be this year.

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Try just calling the ticket office - someone there will probably know.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I agree. 

However, I was at that game in Charlotte too. It felt like I was sitting on Satan's front porch.

I get it. I think Columbia, SC just down the road may be the hottest place I’ve ever been. I had to be there frequently for work. I’d sweat thru my suit between the car and the lobby!  Yikes!

The “hot season” is much longer in FL, and the sun and humidity are killer! I was just scarred by one game in Tampa and another in Jacksonville. I turned down free tickets in September after those games! 

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Re: bolded:

It might ultimately sound that way, but I'll bet the seats on the bandwagon are starting to fill up in Jacksonville.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I get it. I think Columbia, SC just down the road may be the hottest place I’ve ever been. I had to be there frequently for work. I’d sweat thru my suit between the car and the lobby!  Yikes!

The “hot season” is much longer in FL, and the sun and humidity are killer! I was just scarred by one game in Tampa and another in Jacksonville. I turned down free tickets in September after those games! 

My wife's parents live in Fernandina Beach and I LOVE it there, but it can be absolutely miserable.

8 hours ago, eball said:

LOL — yes, I’m sure he could read that.  I think the point of the question is WHY would that “drive someone crazy?”  I agree, it seems a bit odd to be concerned about such a thing.

Yeah. I mean… there are cameras all over the place, at least for broadcast, and they use the angle that gives the best view of the play e.g. on a fumble.

If that happens from the opposite side, he’s still going to be “driven crazy,” no? 🤨🤷🏻‍♂️