Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Deal!

Advertised by the White House as the largest infrastructure investment in nearly a century, the package includes funds for “modernizing and expanding transit and rail networks across the country,” repairing roads and bridges, a “national network of electric vehicle (EV) chargers,” replacing water systems, expanding “reliable high-speed internet,” securing the power grid, pollution cleanup and protecting infrastructure from “climate change, cyber attacks, and extreme weather events.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/25/five-big-things-come-out-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal/

The last President failed at this. Biden succeeds 

But still needs ten Republicans, so we shall see 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/25/five-big-things-come-out-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal/

The last President failed at this. Biden succeeds 

But still needs ten Republicans, so we shall see 

To the statement "The last president failed at this Biden succeeds" .

Success is in the eye of the beholder and cherry picking the opinion articles to prop up who ever is in charge weather it be democrat or republican isn't proof of success and is usually used only to mask the deficiencies of other areas such as rising gas prices, created border crisis, inflation due to massive infrastructure deals and such . 

The first thing that stuck out like a sore thumb on the posted article is "Opinion" so of course it will prop up the idea of it being a good thing when if there were a actual reading of the bill we would probably all find out like most other bills put through with any president that there is a ton of useless spending known as PORK !

One side goes along with the other resulting in a "bipartisan bill" so this side gets their pork & gives in so the other side gets their pork but just because you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig !!

Sorry but in a opinion article posted i would find it hard to believe what it is saying due to the fact that there are a lot of your opinions out there & opinions of yours or others that you believe in hole heartedly that i have some skepticism about - just saying Tibs ...

Although there have been a couple of things i have agreed on with you but they have been few & far between but i guess we can at least agree to disagree ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is mortgaging our children's future really success?

How much is our country in debt now?

Who is paying off this debt? 

I think we all know what happens when you keep putting things on the credit card without a plan of making the payments. And you can't keep leaning on the working class

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

I can't help the people till we get our Leftist payoffs !

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden and Pelosi warn: We're not doing this infrastructure bill unless the "human infrastructure" part passes the Senate too

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/06/24/biden-and-pelosi-warn-were-not-doing-this-infrastructure-bill-unless-the-human-infrastructure-part-passes-the-senate-too-n398810

c722f3c9cc5289ed22f6ddca8cd2de88

Edited by B-Man

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So the Congressional Democrats locked arms and refused to agree with, or work on, anything proposed by the last President....and that goes down as his failure?  Classic!

That’s something the OP moron can’t seem to understand. The left thinks politics is a sporting event with winners and losers. Little do they realize we all lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bidens_basement said:

That’s something the OP moron can’t seem to understand. The left thinks politics is a sporting event with winners and losers. Little do they realize we all lose.

Very well said.  The sporting event is them staying in power. If something gets done for the American people, that's OK too, but the driving force is making sure that Chuck, Nancy, Joe and others can all go to their offices for decades on end, take three hour martini lunches with lobbyists, and conduct their own version of a junior high cat fight in front of the lap dog media... all at the HUGE expense of the taxpayers.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-yorks-daily-memo-bidens-reckless-threat

BYRON YORK: Biden’s reckless threat.

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer “literally pulled the rug out from under their bipartisan negotiators,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. As for the president, McConnell said, “It was a tale of two press conferences — endorse the agreement in one breath and threaten to veto it in the next.”

GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, who was one of the bipartisan group of 21 negotiators, was much more blunt. If Biden is going to tie the two bills together, Graham told Politico Playbook, “He can forget it! I’m not doing that. That’s extortion! I’m not going to do that. The Dems are being told you can’t get your bipartisan work product passed unless you sign on to what the left wants, and I’m not playing that game.”

Graham said most GOP senators, and even some inside the bipartisan group, did not know the Biden-Pelosi-Schumer plan. “Most Republicans could not have known that,” he told Politico. “There’s no way. You look like a f—ing idiot now. I don’t mind bipartisanship, but I’m not going to do a suicide mission.” And that was that. The bright, shining bipartisan deal instantly became much less than it seemed.

“On the infrastructure deal, Biden’s word lasted about two hours,” York concludes. Was this and Biden’s F-15s and nukes ad-lib a bit of what was called in the Obama era “stray voltage?” As Allahpundit noted his post on the latter Biden debacle, he noted that Bombs-Away Biden may have wanted take the spotlight off of a report that he was planning to the worst thing of all in the far left’s eyes: refund the police. Acting like a hardliner on guns helps to take the spotlight off that. As he added, “Dems are almost certainly going to lose the midterms regardless but if Biden can convince swing voters that he’s at least trying to address their biggest policy anxieties he might be able to hold down the losses.”

Not so fast sparky.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/key-gop-senators-balk-terms-040136324.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden's bipartisan infrastructure deal has been thrown in doubt as Republican senators said they felt “blindsided” by his insistence that it must move in tandem with his bigger package. The White House doubled down on the strategy, meanwhile, saying it should have come as no surprise.

democrats are grifters.

Edited by Unforgiven

On 6/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, SoCal Deek said:

So the Congressional Democrats locked arms and refused to agree with, or work on, anything proposed by the last President....and that goes down as his failure?  Classic!

Trump never introduced a real infrastructure plan, or any plan that I can remember. The HC plan wasn’t his. Governing certainly wasn’t his strength.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Trump never introduced a real infrastructure plan, or any plan that I can remember. The HC plan wasn’t his. Governing certainly wasn’t his strength.

He was too busy presiding over peace and prosperity. You must’ve missed it. Your loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Governor said:

How many were directly from covid? How many had serious health issues before contracting covid?

That’s what I really want to know. I believe, as the years go by, this “pandemic” will be viewed quite differently than it is now. 

1 hour ago, Bidens_basement said:

How many were directly from covid? How many had serious health issues before contracting covid?

That’s what I really want to know. I believe, as the years go by, this “pandemic” will be viewed quite differently than it is now. 

Many have said that the total is much higher, so it will be viewed much worse. It doesn’t matter if people had health issues, they still died of Covid. 

Trump’s legacy won’t improve over time mostly because he didn’t pass any meaningful legislation. There won’t be anything to point to as a success story 30 years from now. The guy never did anything. He started out bad, never grew into the job like most do, and ended worse. It was a total disaster. He also became very isolated in the job due to his bad performance, inability to hire and surround himself with good people, and lost touch with the American people, and reality in general. 

I can’t think of anyone that served in that administration that will be viewed favorably or go on to do great things. He started out with backups, and ended up with the practice squad. Maybe Christopher Wray? None come to mind. The only one that escaped with their career still intact was Nikki Haley. The rest will never come near any future WH administration ever again.

He was also impeached twice, involved in multiple scandals, and lost in a landslide as an incumbent, which is pretty rare. He never broke 50 percent approval. You could argue that he didn’t even have 1 good full week during his term. He’s got a real shot at being viewed as the worst president in history. The history books certainly won’t be kind to him.

Uncle Joe is the opposite. His legacy will improve over the years similar to Lyndon B. Johnson, barring some catastrophic event occurrence.

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Many have said that the total is much higher, so it will be viewed much worse. It doesn’t matter if people had health issues, they still died of Covid. 

Trump’s legacy won’t improve over time mostly because he didn’t pass any meaningful legislation. There won’t be anything to point to as a success story 30 years from now. The guy never did anything. He started out bad, never grew into the job like most do, and ended worse. It was a total disaster. He also became very isolated in the job due to his bad performance, inability to hire and surround himself with good people, and lost touch with the American people, and reality in general. 

I can’t think of anyone that served in that administration that will be viewed favorably or go on to do great things. He started out with backups, and ended up with the practice squad. Maybe Christopher Wray? None come to mind. The only one that escaped with their career still intact was Nikki Haley. The rest will never come near any future WH administration ever again.

He was also impeached twice, involved in multiple scandals, and lost in a landslide as an incumbent, which is pretty rare. He never broke 50 percent approval. You could argue that he didn’t even have 1 good full week during his term. He’s got a real shot at being viewed as the worst president in history. The history books certainly won’t be kind to him.

Uncle Joe is the opposite. His legacy will improve over the years similar to Lyndon B. Johnson, barring some catastrophic event occurrence.

I couldn’t get past your first paragraph. That is the very definition of political bias.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, ya, and that should be the last of it, huh? 

How much more debt should we place on the shoulders of POC? 
We all know the rich white elites will not be affected by the rising cost of inflation these trillion dollar “projects” will sooner or later occur to the poorest communities.

18 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

How much more debt should we place on the shoulders of POC? 
We all know the rich white elites will not be affected by the rising cost of inflation these trillion dollar “projects” will sooner or later occur to the poorest communities.

So you don’t think our government should help build the country up? What are you some country bumpkin watching the cows walk past? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Screen-Shot-2021-03-10-at-4.50.45-AM-4.p

WHAT’S THE DEAL?

This could’ve been a celebratory moment for the White House. President JOE BIDEN finally — finally! — got his bipartisan deal on infrastructure, last week’s trip to Europe went well, the pandemic is easing, the country is opening back up, and a new Fox News poll has his approval rating at 56%.

Instead, the White House spent Friday in cleanup mode after moderate Senate Republicans fumed over Biden’s threat not to sign the bipartisan infrastructure bill unless the much more expensive, partisan-crafted reconciliation bill landed on his desk at the same time.

{snip}

“A White House official disputed the notion that Ricchetti suggested Biden may have misspoke — an impression that those two sources said was left. The official said that the president’s team anticipated dustups during the early phases of the process and noted that White House press secretary JEN PSAKI several times during Friday’s briefing took a softer tone than Biden did on Thursday.”

Think of it as the “moonwalk” approach to damage control: The White House is trying to walkback without appearing like they’re walking back.

It’s clear that the White House knows they messed this one up. The threat to veto the bipartisan bill hasn’t been repeated by staff or the president since his initial remarks, and a readout of his call with Sen. KYRSTEN SINEMA (D-Ariz.) said “the President also reiterated that he would fight to pass the Bipartisan Agreement, as he committed to the group,” and that he “looks forward to signing both these bills.”

Politico of course discreetly avoids the obvious evidence of Biden’s declining mental faculties embedded in this episode, but what about Biden’s Republican partners? They appear to have signed off on a deal that represents a staged defeat of massive proportions. What’s their excuse? Paul Mirengoff’s attempt to sort it out left us hanging on a the edge of a cliff, and that is approximately where we are again today.

Here is the statement of “Joe Biden,” via this morning’s Playbook here. Burgess Everett separately reports “Republicans back on board after Biden’s infrastructure clean-up” (“with Republicans praising his newly clarified approach to their bipartisan infrastructure plan and a key Democrat endorsing work on a separate, larger spending package”). What manner of “compromise” is this? It’s a sad situation.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/06/26/cleanup-at-1600-penn-493387

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/06/whats-the-deal.php

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you don’t think our government should help build the country up? What are you some country bumpkin watching the cows walk past? 

Is it worth putting your kids and grand kids as well as millions of POC oppressed for generations to come?

I thought you are against oppression, yet your policies would do exactly that.

Why do you speak out of both sides of  your mouth?

Biden: On third thought, maybe I won't veto the infrastructure bill

1e32d807-f175-4683-b369-83941190fb67-450

Watching the chaos engulfing the White House since the announcement of the bipartisan infrastructure deal has turned into something bordering on infotainment at this point.

First, Biden’s massively bloated proposal was deemed to be dead in the water by most observers.

Then, the “grand bargain” took everyone by surprise, primarily because the progressives in Joe Biden’s party had seemed insistent that there wasn’t going to be a deal that didn’t include all of the “human infrastructure” items on the Democrats’ wishlist.

Act three came when Biden almost casually announced on Thursday night that the bipartisan deal wasn’t happening unless the rest of the original package went through via reconciliation at the same time.

This sent the Republicans who agreed to the smaller deal scrambling, while Biden pretended that nobody should be surprised and that was always part of the plan.

More at the link:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/06/27/biden-on-third-thought-maybe-i-wont-veto-the-infrastructure-bill-n399171

4 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Is it worth putting your kids and grand kids as well as millions of POC oppressed for generations to come?

Trump added 12 trillion to the debt, but it will be this infrastructure bill that puts us in danger? Nope.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

Trump added 12 trillion to the debt, but it will be this infrastructure bill that puts us in danger? Nope.

12 trillion?

First I heard of this. Please elaborate on this 12 trillion dollars you mentioned.

5 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Put the blame where it belongs, china.

With an assist from The WHO, CDC, Fauci and hundreds of thousands to millions of people that didn’t listen.  But yeah, it’s all Trump’s fault. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bidens_basement said:

Investing in the future is a good thing. That's why you are against it. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Investing in the future is a good thing. That's why you are against it. 

I’m against investing in the future? I absolutely am interested in investing for the future. Unlike you, who wants to only invest for the past. 

42 minutes ago, Governor said:

Sorry, 8 trillion.

please at least try to be factually correct, and with context.

The debt would have grown appx $4.1 Trillion if Covid did not hit.

Trump deficit spending was responsible for $3.5T of that increase. 

A nearly unanimously passed bipartisan Covid relief bill(s) added in $3.7T  in 2020. That aint on Trump or the republicans, it is on all politicians that voted for it.

I agree that the $3.5 T is ridiculous in and of itself, but MMT advocates say no worries!

Lets now add in the fact ole Uncle Joe wants to pass $6t to that...wowser!

But your arguments become specious at best if you do not at least use correct numbers.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

please at least try to be factually correct, and with context.

The debt would have grown appx $4.1 Trillion if Covid did not hit.

Trump deficit spending was responsible for $3.5T of that increase. 

A nearly unanimously passed bipartisan Covid relief bill(s) added in $3.7T  in 2020. That aint on Trump or the republicans, it is on all politicians that voted for it.

I agree that the $3.5 T is ridiculous in and of itself, but MMT advocates say no worries!

Lets now add in the fact ole Uncle Joe wants to pass $6t to that...wowser!

But your arguments become specious at best if you do not at least use correct numbers.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

But Covid did hit during Trump’s term. 

Are we supposed to erase all of Obama’s spending too because he inherited an economy in free-fall?

Just now, Governor said:

But Covid did hit during Trump’s term. 

Are we supposed to erase all of Obama’s spending too because he inherited an economy in free-fall?

My argument was not if the deficit number was good or bad, my argument was with your numbers. No Covid, and the number is no where the $8T you stated. Context matters. What Obama era numbers were/ what he spent has zero to do with this argument.

Joe wants to add in one year double what Trump's deficit numbers would have been in almost 4. As mentioned, one can agree with MMT and say deficits matter not...some are not buying that argument. 

Would love to get your why deficits do not matter

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

My argument was not if the deficit number was good or bad, my argument was with your numbers. No Covid, and the number is no where the $8T you stated. Context matters. What Obama era numbers were/ what he spent has zero to do with this argument.

Joe wants to add in one year double what Trump's deficit numbers would have been in almost 4. As mentioned, one can agree with MMT and say deficits matter not...some are not buying that argument. 

Would love to get your why deficits do not matter

Key Takeaways

During his campaign in 2016, President Trump promised to eliminate the national debt in eight years.

Instead, it was projected that he would add at least $8.3 trillion.

In October 2020, the national debt reached a new high of $27 trillion, an increase of almost 36% since President Trump took office in 2017.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Key Takeaways

During his campaign in 2016, President Trump promised to eliminate the national debt in eight years.

Instead, it was projected that he would add at least $8.3 trillion.

In October 2020, the national debt reached a new high of $27 trillion, an increase of almost 36% since President Trump took office in 2017.

damn, so frustrating trying to have a logical discussion on here.

Again, i dont care what was projected, i care what happened. Deficit spending increased by almost $3.5T before the effects of all the Covid spending bills are added in under Trump. A number that i think is ridiculous and harmful in the long run as a financial conservative, but that is the number.

Joe wants to add another $6T in his "infrastructure" bill...(I am not even including the $1.7t they rammed through under reconciliation)  just about doubling all of Trumps deficit spending.

Your initial argument is " no big deal"...I asked you to explain why you think massive deficits do not matter...I don't care who the President is...why do YOU think deficits don't matter? Use whatever theory you want, any numbers..i am open to listen...I would just like to hear you explain your position with out using the word Trump or Republican.