The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

Reason USA Today (an official social media ‘fact-checker’) removed 23 articles marks another banner week for #Journalism

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/17/reason-usa-today-an-official-social-media-fact-checker-removed-23-articles-marks-another-banner-week-for-journalism/

Yes, let’s not forget that the USA Today is one of social media platforms’ go-to “fact-checkers” as of March 2020:

USA TODAY announced today that it is joining Facebook’s Third-Party Fact-Checking Program. As a program partner, USA TODAY, along with other third-party fact-checkers certified through the non-partisan International Fact-Checking Network, will partner to independently review, rate and verify news content on Facebook and Instagram to help prevent the spread of false information.

“As a media organization with unparalleled local-to-national reach, we take our commitment to providing people with truthful information very seriously, and fact-checking is integral to the journalism being done by USA TODAY and in Gannett newsrooms across the country” said Maribel Perez Wadsworth, Gannett’s news leader and Publisher of USA TODAY. “We also recognize that the distribution of false information on social media is a concerning issue that warrants attention in today’s world, so joining Facebook’s fact-checking program to identify misinformation felt like a natural step for us. We are proud to partner with Facebook on a program with such an important mission.”

And yet in light of this most recent example of “journalism,” the media continue to be baffled as to why their credibility has gone completely down the drain.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, you tell 'em "Rising Serpent." 👍

The USA Today is forced to retract 23 stories by a single reporter. Some stories in which she literally fabricated quotes. No comment on that, instead cast doubt on the messenger.

How very @Jauronimo of you.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

The USA Today is forced to retract 23 stories by a single reporter. Some stories in which she literally fabricated quotes. No comment on that, instead cast doubt on the messenger.

How very @Jauronimo of you.

If you think the sources you frequent have the integrity to retract, correct, or admit any fault then I have some waterfront property in South Dakota I'd like to sell you.  

USA Today was the first hit when I googled one of your Jan 6 sob stories about the persecuted bystander who pepper sprayed a cop.  It was corroborated by 20 other sources.  For some weird reason AG had a different version. 

You're clearly very butthurt and making this personal. 

Edited by Jauronimo

Just now, Jauronimo said:

If you think the sources you frequent have the integrity to retract, correct, or admit any fault then that would be completely on brand for you.  

USA Today was the first hit when I googled one of your Jan 6 sob stories about the persecuted bystander who pepper sprayed a cop.  It was corroborated by 20 other sources.  For some weird reason AG had a different version. 

You're clearly very butthurt and making this personal. 

It ain't personal. You are just a more articulate and less of a broken record  version of @BillStime and @Tiberius. But you're in the exact same "cult" as they are often fond of saying.

So I'm going to agree again with what you said yesterday, there's no point discussing any of this with you. 

You've been had and you want to continue slurping down the lies. Enjoy it and embrace it!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

It ain't personal. You are just a more articulate and less of a broken record  version of @BillStime and @Tiberius. But you're in the exact same "cult" as they are often fond of saying.

So I'm going to agree again with what you said yesterday, there's no point discussing any of this with you. 

You've been had and you want to continue slurping down the lies. Enjoy it and embrace it!

You call me out unprompted, toss a few insults my way, and then declare there's no point in discussing anything with me?!?!?   

But its not personal.....at least I have that going for me.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Jauronimo

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

You call me out unprompted, toss a few insults my way, and then declare there's no point in discussing anything with me?!?!?   

But its not personal.....at least I have that going for me.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Yep, I agreed when you said exactly that yesterday and reiterated my agreement today. So no I won't be "discussing" any of this with you, you've proved that you're loaded to the gills with confirmation bias. 

I may call out your BS here and there going forward.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1