The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

16 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

So soon after @4th&long played the “sharp as a tack” card! Such a shame!

good heavens 🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♂️

Dumb white trash trump supporter. Why am I not surprised my point went over your head? 

should we post all of trumps ramblings at his kkk rallies? 

Just now, 4th&long said:

Dumb white trash trump supporter. Why am I not surprised my point went over your head? 

should we post all of trumps ramblings at his kkk rallies? 

Do you dislike white people? You don’t seem overly sharp but I will donate to your church if you can show me evidence on this board of me being a Trump supporter. Don’t waste too much of your time on it.

Your point - “I know old people at church that are really sharp so Biden might be too”. To believe that, you have to ignore everything you’ve seen and heard. Nobody is telling you not to. 

Hard to believe someone would be so simple as to play the KKK card in 2024. Really dumb. By the way, did you know Joe Biden has eulogized a former klansman? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Do you dislike white people? You don’t seem overly sharp but I will donate to your church if you can show me evidence on this board of me being a Trump supporter. Don’t waste too much of your time on it.

Your point - “I know old people at church that are really sharp so Biden might be too”. To believe that, you have to ignore everything you’ve seen and heard. Nobody is telling you not to. 

Hard to believe someone would be so simple as to play the KKK card in 2024. Really dumb. By the way, did you know Joe Biden has eulogized a former klansman? 

Ha ha ha. Way to miss quote me. My point was obviously lost on you, way over your head. I didn’t say Biden is shadier than a tack but I will guarantee he is sharper than you.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, B-Man said:

Imagine missing the point of the thread so badly,

and then posting to highlight your ignorance.

Meanwhile:

Isn't Ben Shapiro the guy that wants to solve sea level rising by suggesting the owners of coastal homes simply sell them?

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Thanks for confirming my point.

Meanwhile:

James Bennet had a brilliant takedown of the Times last December. In it, he said, “In my experience, reporters overwhelmingly support Democratic policies and candidates. They are generally also motivated by a desire for a more just world. Neither of those tendencies are new. But there has been a sea change over the past ten years in how journalists think about pursuing justice.”

How so?

He wrote, “Illiberal journalists have a different philosophy, and they have their reasons for it.

They are more concerned with group rights than individual rights, which they regard as a bulwark for the privileges of white men.

They have seen the principle of free speech used to protect right-wing outfits like Project Veritas and Breitbart News and are uneasy with it.

They had their suspicions of their fellow citizens’ judgment confirmed by Trump’s election, and do not believe readers can be trusted with potentially dangerous ideas or facts.

They are not out to achieve social justice as the knock-on effect of pursuing truth; they want to pursue it head-on.

The term objectivity to them is code for ignoring the poor and weak and cozying up to power, as journalists often have done.”

Journalists abandoned objectivity, throwing that precious shield from charges of bias just to spite Donald Trump.

People outside of its hard core readers have found new sources of information, largely through Twitter.

Journalists can throw temper tantrums on the floor about misinformation all they want, but after the media promoted the Fake Covid Vaccine and ridiculous masks, most people no longer believe them nor should they.

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/we-dont-want-journalism-back

https://www.economist.com/1843/2023/12/14/when-the-new-york-times-lost-its-way

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And to commie ***** posters the Biden didn't check his watch narrative will be forever true. You can shower them with videos and facts and they will never budge. Such is the tragedy of demoralization.  It's irreversible. 

None of these idiots are worth your time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Objectively: Had Trump withheld arms and intelligence from a

longstanding ally, including for the purpose of rescuing

American hostages, to satisfy the wims of a terrorist mob,

the media and the bureaucracy would be calling for his

demise.

For the Adults who’ve actually done these things, we hear nothing.

This is why Americans distrust both.

Reuters Discovers Trump's Super-Secret Plan to 'Control the Department of Justice'

ED MORRISSEY

And that would be ... winning a presidential election.

No, seriously, that's the plan. Donald Trump becomes president, and then appoints people to set prosecutorial priorities and statutory interpretations at the Department of Justice and the FBI. 

For some reason, Reuters labors under the impression that this would be the first time a president has done this

Some of Donald Trump's allies are assembling proposals to curtail the Justice Department's independence and turn the nation's top law enforcement body into an attack dog for conservative causes, nine people involved in the effort told Reuters.

If successful, the overhaul could represent one of the most consequential actions of a second Trump presidency given the Justice Department's role in protecting democratic institutions and upholding the rule of law.

It would also mark a dramatic departure from the department's mission statement, opens new tab, which identifies "independence and impartiality" as core values.

Ahem. In fact, double ahem.

The current Attorney General has demanded executive privilege over a recording of a deposition of Joe Biden in a criminal investigation. When did Special Counsel Robert Hur become a presidential advisor?

At the same time, the DoJ is using another special counsel to pursue felony indictments against Joe Biden's opponent in the upcoming presidential elections, having waited nearly three years and until Trump became the clear GOP front-runner before taking any action on those cases.

And let's not forget the DoJ's attempt to cut a sweetheart plea deal for the president's son that was so embarrassing that a judge threw it out and forced Merrick Garland to actually prosecute Hunter Biden. 

How'a that for "independence"?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2024/05/17/shocker-reuters-discovers-trumps-super-secret-plan-to-control-the-department-of-justice-n3788566

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-rent-drops-people-flee-state-1901951

People are fleeing the state according to the headline, but they admit later on that the state is experience a net influx.  Honestly I am assuming the lower cost is due to it being more one bedrooms vs larger apartments because I have spoken to several people who are still seeing increase in cost of anything decent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1