Critical Race Theory

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Tibs in a nutshell; Don’t understand what I am advocating for, but doing what my mind Sheppard tells me to. 

the technical definition is useful idiot 

No, you clowns who are Trump supporters are the useful idiots. You just think your misinformed little heads actually know something because Trump says it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, you clowns who are Trump supporters are the useful idiots. You just think your misinformed little heads actually know something because Trump says it. 

your obsession with that tool is unhealthy… but I understand the owners of your mind need you to continue thinking about him constantly… 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

your obsession with that tool is unhealthy… but I understand the owners of your mind need you to continue thinking about him constantly… 

No, you are a useful idiot 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You were branded that a month ago, now you that you’ve learned a new term the I know you are but what am I schtick is cute. 

Please go on talking about CRT that you admitted you are ignorant to or telling an African American contributor to this board how you know more about their life experience than they do as a liberal white leach on society…

Because CNN told you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You were branded that a month ago, now you that you’ve learned a new term the I know you are but what am I schtick is cute. 

Please go on talking about CRT that you admitted you are ignorant to or telling an African American contributor to this board how you know more about their life experience than they do as a liberal white leach on society…

Because CNN told you

You think that's a new term? You really are an idiot. 

I admit I'm ignorant about it, why doesn't all the other people talking about it admit it also? They clearly can't explain what it is. 

Oh, and one person supposedly claiming they are AA and that means they know it all, is silly. But you fell for it. Figures 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You think that's a new term? You really are an idiot. 

I admit I'm ignorant about it, why doesn't all the other people talking about it admit it also? They clearly can't explain what it is. 

Oh, and one person supposedly claiming they are AA and that means they know it all, is silly. But you fell for it. Figures 

When someone as low functioning as yourself lashes out I appreciate it’s due to insurmountable insecurities..  I have nothing but sympathy for you, tibs you poor little programed small mind… 

now please continue educating everyone on what it’s like to be black in America from your taxpayer funded little motor boat… 

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When someone as low functioning as yourself lashes out I appreciate it’s due to insurmountable insecurities..  I have nothing but sympathy for you, tibs you poor little programed small mind… 

now please continue educating everyone on what it’s like to be black in America from your taxpayer funded little motor boat… 

It's a sailboat with a small 4 HP motor, moron 

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Sore loser 

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are you claiming an ignorance stance

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the technical definition is useful idiot 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, you clowns who are Trump supporters are the useful idiots.

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Please go on talking about CRT that you admitted you are ignorant

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You really are an idiot.

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When someone as low functioning as yourself

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

moron 

This thread has disintegrated into a bunch of personal insults and is no longer serving a useful purpose.

Therefore, a gratuitous photo of a woman with big jugs is needed to restore this thread to intelligent conversation:

tumblr_ooomgdPQAQ1tjbvgso1_540.gifv

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Still no response to this gentleman I see................

Black Father Demolishes Critical Race Theory by Asking One Question: “How Do I Have Two Medical Degrees If I’m
Sitting Here Oppressed?”

by Kyle Becker

https://trendingpolitics.com/black-father-demolishes-critical-race-theory-by-asking-one-question-how-do-i-have-two-medical-degrees-if-im-sitting-here-oppressed-knab/

Screenshot-6_20_2021-11_17_55-AM.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A kid with the right attitude takes on her school board’s BLM hypocrisy

by Andrea Widburg

I’m not a huge fan of videos showing elementary or middle school kids at school board meetings complaining about Critical Race Theory or BLM propaganda. It’s always so obvious that the kids got a lot of help from Mom and Dad. The kids may believe what they’re saying but it’s not their voice talking. That’s not the case with a nine-year-old girl from Lakeville, Minnesota, who gave school board members a verbal whipping for lying about political posters on school property. While it’s clear that her values come from her parents, the voice is her own.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/06/a_kid_with_the_right_attitude_takes_on_her_school_boards_blm_hypocrisy.html

"Courage is contagious, so be courageous." Way to go young lady

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Because, in public debate, we are confident freedom will win every time, and encourage open discussion ..clearly, Marxists do not have the same confidence in their ideology’s success in open debate...hence the need for censorship...👍

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Critical Breast Theory! 

You probably know little about that theory as well.  :P

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Still no response to this gentleman I see................

Black Father Demolishes Critical Race Theory by Asking One Question: “How Do I Have Two Medical Degrees If I’m
Sitting Here Oppressed?”

by Kyle Becker

https://trendingpolitics.com/black-father-demolishes-critical-race-theory-by-asking-one-question-how-do-i-have-two-medical-degrees-if-im-sitting-here-oppressed-knab/

Screenshot-6_20_2021-11_17_55-AM.jpg

Because is he were white he'd have three with 1/3 the effort. Duh. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, that has been the African American experience in the USA. That’s the history. And I am telling you. 

Sorry dude, I have lost all respect for you now.

First a few days ago you stated you don't know anything about Critical Race Theory yet still argue for it.

Today you tell a black man how he is supposed to feel about racism.

This is so typical of the white savior complex so prevalent today.  The white man (person) is going to ride in on his trusty white stead and fix everything for those poor ignorant black people who cannot help themselves.  This tactic invariably only makes thing worse. See Great Society and the ensuing 3 1/2 times rise in single parenthood.  Another good example is the predominantly white city council members in Minneapolis defunding the police and the resultant rise of crime mostly affecting blacks negatively.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They're trying to make it part of curriculum in every school from K through Uni, but somehow YOU'RE obsessed. That's rich.

Why Critical Race Theory Isn't About Just Teaching Social Studies

By Joe Cunningham

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2021/06/21/why-critical-race-theory-isnt-about-just-teaching-social-studies-n399983

They do not deny this, largely because they cannot deny it with any intellectual honesty. The point of Critical Race Theory is to divide white and black into oppressor and oppressed. It creates a class divide that is much greater than what we actually see in reality. The theory does not match the world.

As far as academic theories go, the first red flag is the fact that it has its own built-in counter for anyone who would challenge it: You are privileged, and therefore cannot see it. That is not a fair response to challenge, nor does it stand up in any meaningful rhetorical discussion. But, this isn’t about any civilized rhetorical discussion. It’s about division.

Contrary to what the activists are saying right now, the history of racial strife in America was taught long before CRT became an educational tool (it originated as a legal theory and only recently transitioned into an educational application). For decades, we have taught in our classrooms that so much of American history is problematic in terms of how our country has treated minority groups, and that hasn’t stopped simply because some states are passing laws to ban CRT in our districts and schools.

But, you would not know that just listening to the people losing their minds that parents might expect to have a say in how their taxpayer dollars are being spent to divide their kids from one another. Late last week and over the weekend, there were many who lamented that Juneteenth was a federal holiday we can’t teach about in school… except that the bills garnering the most public attention (like in Florida and Texas) specifically stated that such issues have to be discussed in history classrooms.

Take Texas, for example. Juneteenth has been a recognized holiday in that state for decades, because the day originated in Texas. Moreover, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for the state’s education system include this in seventh grade social studies:

(Several examples of teaching plans highlighting slavery given, for Middle school and High school)

Critical Race Theory proponents want you to think that the only way this history gets taught in schools is through the adoption of their worldview, but indoctrinating with any particular worldview runs counter to how education should operate. The point of education is to teach a student to think, not tell them how to think. And it damn sure isn’t about teaching kids how to think of themselves and others solely through the lens of racial identity.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:04 PM, Capco said:

I meant to expand on this but I got tired and never actually touched on the specifics that trouble me.  I'm just gonna copy/paste from the Wiki page on CRT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory), but this page has been watched like a hawk by Wiki's editors lately so I'm pretty sure most of the information on here is accurate.  The sources, which I will list at the end, seem legit.  

First, let's get this "liberal/ism" thing out of the way for the people that see the word and immediately cry foul.  In this context it is not a reference to modern day political party ideology, so leave that at the door please.  

Anyway, my reservations with CRT begin with scholars that question concepts like rationalism, legal equality, and Constitutional neutrality.  These are, imo, extremely important concepts. The implementation of these concepts is necessary for democracy to function at a high level. 

Furthermore, critiquing ideas like color blindness, role modeling, and the merit principle leave me scratching my head.  For example, I don't understand how one can attack the concept of colorblindness.  Every single child is born colorblind.  If you put 10 toddlers in a room with toys and observe them, they will all start to play with each other irrespective of skin color.  They haven't learned about race yet.  And rational thought is exactly what brought me to this conclusion.  

But this is also where the food for thought part of CRT can come into play.  For example, if the above reasoning is true, and race isn't a "real" thing, then someone else might come along and say "racism cannot be a real thing if race itself isn't a real thing."  Yet we all know that racism is very much a real phenomenon.  

Criticize Brown v. Board of Education... okay.  That doesn't exactly put you in good company.  But the underlined part is... well, tbh it sounds like quite a stretch.

Reparations is something I have no problem with.  But separation?  Black nationalism?  Are these not divisive stances to take?  If black nationalism is okay, then is white nationalism okay too?  If not, then there is inherent hypocrisy.  And if so, then that ultimately sounds kinda... well, racist, doesn't it?

Also note that these quotes are from Views/Common Themes section, and not the Criticism section of the article.

Another view CRT holds is the use of storytelling to "name one's own reality."  Critics argue that this view, combined with a rejection of merit and rational thought, ends up elevating storytelling over reason and evidence.  The following quotes are from the Criticism section, which I believe are pretty self-explanatory.

Sources:

[9]  "The Skin Trade", Richard Posner, 1997

[13] "Critical race theory: An Introduction", Delgado and Stefancic, 2017

[29, 30, 32] "Critical Race Theory: An Annotated Bibliography", Delgado and Stefancic, 1993

[51] "Race, Equality and the Rule of Law: Critical Race Theory's Attack on the Promises of Liberalism", Jeffrey Pyle, 1999

[52] "Bending the Law", Alex Kozinski, 1997

I spent a pretty decent chunk of time writing this and I can't even get a response or reaction from one person?  

Instead it's just 2 more pages of poo flinging.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They're trying to make it part of curriculum in every school from K through Uni, but somehow YOU'RE obsessed. That's rich.

Why Critical Race Theory Isn't About Just Teaching Social Studies

By Joe Cunningham

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2021/06/21/why-critical-race-theory-isnt-about-just-teaching-social-studies-n399983

They do not deny this, largely because they cannot deny it with any intellectual honesty. The point of Critical Race Theory is to divide white and black into oppressor and oppressed. It creates a class divide that is much greater than what we actually see in reality. The theory does not match the world.

As far as academic theories go, the first red flag is the fact that it has its own built-in counter for anyone who would challenge it: You are privileged, and therefore cannot see it. That is not a fair response to challenge, nor does it stand up in any meaningful rhetorical discussion. But, this isn’t about any civilized rhetorical discussion. It’s about division.

Contrary to what the activists are saying right now, the history of racial strife in America was taught long before CRT became an educational tool (it originated as a legal theory and only recently transitioned into an educational application). For decades, we have taught in our classrooms that so much of American history is problematic in terms of how our country has treated minority groups, and that hasn’t stopped simply because some states are passing laws to ban CRT in our districts and schools.

But, you would not know that just listening to the people losing their minds that parents might expect to have a say in how their taxpayer dollars are being spent to divide their kids from one another. Late last week and over the weekend, there were many who lamented that Juneteenth was a federal holiday we can’t teach about in school… except that the bills garnering the most public attention (like in Florida and Texas) specifically stated that such issues have to be discussed in history classrooms.

Take Texas, for example. Juneteenth has been a recognized holiday in that state for decades, because the day originated in Texas. Moreover, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for the state’s education system include this in seventh grade social studies:

(Several examples of teaching plans highlighting slavery given, for Middle school and High school)

Critical Race Theory proponents want you to think that the only way this history gets taught in schools is through the adoption of their worldview, but indoctrinating with any particular worldview runs counter to how education should operate. The point of education is to teach a student to think, not tell them how to think. And it damn sure isn’t about teaching kids how to think of themselves and others solely through the lens of racial identity.

You said it best .

It's about division.. not "teaching" anything .. and you learn about slavery and Jim crow and segregation in schools

This kinda stuff getting taught to kids is to divide and oppress