Clean bill of health for TE Tommy Sweeney

HOUSE

image.png.f5ecbdfd0a0025b21a433dac387cccfd.png

Bills tight end Tommy Sweeney is entering his third NFL season, but in reality his second year was completely wiped out by a foot injury and COVID. After contracting the virus and going on the team's COVID-reserve list, Sweeney recovered, but developed a condition called myocarditis. The condition causes an inflammation of the heart muscle that does the work in pumping blood.

Myocarditis can affect the heart's electrical system, which can reduce the heart's ability to pump blood properly.

"This condition cut Sweeney's season short," said head coach Sean McDermott. "Tommy went through a tough situation last year," said head coach Sean McDermott. "He missed basically the whole season. I mean, if anyone needs a reason to, or more information about, whether or not to get vaccinated with the COVID situation, I mean, Tommy, he missed all of last season. It affected him for some time."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-tremaine-edmunds-happy-bills-picked-up-his-fifth-year-option

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If Sweeney sticks around, no reason he can't become #1.  None of the Bills TEs are world beaters.  Dawson Knox looks like a JAG.  Quintin Morris, Jacob Hollister, Nate Becker, Reggie Gilliam?  They all say Mark Cline to me.  I'd love for Sweeney to step up and for us to have a real TE for a change.  Hell, I'd take Scott Chandler at this point.

38 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.7879c4f2e07b25f065d692b12ea94962.jpeg

weighed against the merits of

image.thumb.jpeg.cda385b98184481b8d8ef5dcdf6d6dcf.jpeg

Decisions, decisions. 🤔

Pufnstuf went to the Jests, but of course, I LOVE that reference!!

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I appreciate the thinly veiled Ertz thread that also incorporates covid effects and vaccine comments from Mcdermott on a Friday 

Sneaking Out Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

Hide Flirting GIF by Nick Jonas

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.f5ecbdfd0a0025b21a433dac387cccfd.png

Bills tight end Tommy Sweeney is entering his third NFL season, but in reality his second year was completely wiped out by a foot injury and COVID. After contracting the virus and going on the team's COVID-reserve list, Sweeney recovered, but developed a condition called myocarditis. The condition causes an inflammation of the heart muscle that does the work in pumping blood.

Myocarditis can affect the heart's electrical system, which can reduce the heart's ability to pump blood properly.

"This condition cut Sweeney's season short," said head coach Sean McDermott. "Tommy went through a tough situation last year," said head coach Sean McDermott. "He missed basically the whole season. I mean, if anyone needs a reason to, or more information about, whether or not to get vaccinated with the COVID situation, I mean, Tommy, he missed all of last season. It affected him for some time."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-tremaine-edmunds-happy-bills-picked-up-his-fifth-year-option

This is great news I’m so happy and rooting hard for him to make this team and becoming a contributor on offense !! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

I figure knox is currently the starter and hollister is the #2.  Gilliam's more likely a hybrid FB/TE special teamer than anything else, but they probably need the positional flexibility.  If they carry 4 (they did last year - knox, kroft, smith, gilliam), then he's got a shot to be the depth option.  

Becker has been here for 2 years on the PS, Morris seems like a PS option as his scouting report reads project (never seen him play.  Sweeney seems like the choice if his blocking is up to snuff - becker is the big blocker type so he probably does have an outside shot as the number 4 that can be used in matchups where they plan to run the ball more.  Becker did play some snaps in that miami game where we ran the ball pretty well in the 2nd half with williams, something to note i suppose, but i don't remember his play specifically.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I appreciate the thinly veiled Ertz thread that also incorporates covid effects and vaccine comments from Mcdermott on a Friday 

Sneaking Out Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

I'm just waiting for the inevitable turn in this thread to Edmunds. 

• Haha (+1) 1