Strongest Arms in NFL History (Josh Allen and Jim Kelly both featured)

MJS

30 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Allen has a strong arm but rarely takes advantage of it.

Very disappointing. 

I think he uses it all the time. He guns it in on those intermediate throws quite often.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think he uses it all the time. He guns it in on those intermediate throws quite often.

I recall him using it a few times on the intermediate throws but I wouldn't say quite often.

And he almost never connects on the deep ball so he can't take full advantage of his arm strength. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

15 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I recall him using it a few times on the intermediate throws but I wouldn't say quite often.

And he almost never connects on the deep ball so he can't take full advantage of his arm strength. 

Not true.  Check out this site: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/josh-allen/

Remove "josh-allen" and replace it with any QB and you'll see he's better than Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson.

18 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Did you not watch the 2020 season? Allen was very good on deep throws.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, MJS said:

He made a throw on the run across his body to Beasley in the niner game that makes me laugh out loud and rewind it every time I see it.  No one has ever thrown the ball like him imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Moon was one of the prettiest throwers of the football ever. He could really sling it.

That video really shows how good Stafford could have been if he had gone to a better organization. Shame indeed.

Stafford is someone I’m watching this year.  He’ll finally has a decent line, solid running game, weapons, and a punishing defense.  The Rams could be the next home team SB host as I believe it’s in LA this year in Kronke’s Taj Mahal.

As far as George, remember when he was a rookie and Bruuuce literally tattooed him in the backfield.

Thx MJ as always. A fun watch.  Let Chandler know you’re editorial in the end about having to go to YouTube was funny.  He’s always great for those vintage films.  Both of you are smart as you’re title makes it easy to do a search in YouTube to find it.

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Stafford is someone I’m watching this year.  He’ll finally has a decent line, solid running game, weapons, and a punishing defense.  The Rams could be the next home team SB host as I believe it’s in LA this year in Kronke’s Taj Mahal.

As far as George, remember when he was a rookie and Bruuuce literally tattooed him in the backfield.

Thx MJ as always. A fun watch.  Let Chandler know you’re editorial in the end about having to go to YouTube was funny.  He’s always great for those vintage films.  Both of you are smart as you’re title makes it easy to do a search in YouTube to find it.

If you press play on the video there should be a button that says "watch on YouTube" or something like that. Clicking that should take you directly to the video, so you shouldn't need to do a search for it.

The NFL likes to restrict their videos for some reason. They want them to be only viewed on YouTube. Not quite sure why.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Best throwing motion is Vick. Best accuracy Rogers. Best arm......

Marino sure had a quick release and a nice throwing motion. I actually think Brady's throwing motion is really nice, although he doesn't have as big of an arm as the others in the video. Peyton Manning had a nice high release that got the ball over the linemen. Steve Young also had a nice throwing motion.

Maybe 10 years from now it will be commonly accepted that Allen has the biggest arm ever. He certainly has the tools...

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No QB has ever thrown a ball even close to the velocity Allen has been clocked at in Sports Science. It was so much higher than anyone else they ever checked it they had to keep checking and rechecking the radar gun because they thought it was impossible and the gun was broken.

Measuring started in 2007.  Lots of QBs playing before then including QBs playing then who were not at peak at time others who were not tested.    Allen has a strong arm but whether he has fastest fast ball is debatable.   I am just glad his aim and touch has approved.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Did you not watch the 2020 season? Allen was very good on deep throws.

Yes I did.

How many deep throws did he connect on?

Do you have statistics that show? 

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow, this was a treat to watch. Some great QB's with big arms. Josh Allen is featured at the 3:10 mark and Jim Kelly is featured at the 9:26 mark.

(You will likely need to click through to Youtube)

Thanks for the timestamps MJS... do you have the time for Peterman's bombs?

4 hours ago, Maynard said:

Yeah, George had an amazing arm. How would you compare Allen and him in pure arm strength? 

I think in pure ability Jeff George had more but he neither had the teachers Allen has nor the willingness to go beyond per talent.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

If you press play on the video there should be a button that says "watch on YouTube" or something like that. Clicking that should take you directly to the video, so you shouldn't need to do a search for it.

The NFL likes to restrict their videos for some reason. They want them to be only viewed on YouTube. Not quite sure why.

They don't want their property on questionable sites. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

It is all about the money.

The NFL gets money per view from YouTube but if it is shown on another site YouTube does not pay.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

Very cool video - I love how they included guys like Jay Schroeder, who did not have amazing careers but could sling the rock as hard as anyone. 

It also reminded me why I loved Warren Moon so much. That guy threw the tightest spiral in history, and it was like that on every single throw. Did that guy ever throw a wounded duck in his life? Beautiful stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1