Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

It should be interesting when DeSantis tries to block the voice of the people who voted on the wage hike in Florida, like he does with everything else.

Thats not gonna go well at all.

4.9%

https://www.bls.gov/charts/state-employment-and-unemployment/state-unemployment-rates-map.htm

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

You guys will stick to your failed trickle down theory until it puts you on the streets. That’s dedication right there.

Like all the homeless in Los Angeles and NYC? 

What do you mean by trickle down?

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Your social welfare theory makes me want to consider living on the streets, instead of this drab working for a living thing. 

can I just drop a government subsidized trailer in you backyard and live there rent free since you are such a giver and presumably wealthy land owner? 

I promise to hold hands and sing cumbye-ah with you by the fire pit every night 

If you lived with me, you would make 80-100k a year doing the same job and we could go hiking and play at the waterfalls and watch bald eagles fly over us since you’d have days off. I’m about to do that right now. We have lots of baby Red foxes too, and black bears.

Edited by Governor

9 minutes ago, Governor said:

If you lived with me, you would make 80-100k a year doing the same job and we could go hiking and play at the waterfalls and watch bald eagles fly over us since you’d have days off. I’m about to do that right now. We have lots of baby Red foxes too, and black bears.

Since when did this become an on-line dating site? 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Nobody cares. You either pay a living wage or get out. No one is losing sleep over it except for billionaire CEOs.

If you cannot provide a living wage, the state of NJ does not want your unethical business operating here any longer. Go to Alabama and do that. 

There is a third option.  Automation.

Rising labor costs speed the move to automation replacing jobs.  McDonalds doesn't need 8 people taking your order and money, they will be replace by a tablet where you punch in what you want and swipe your card for example.  Just like they already have in the NJ airport.  More Amazon type stores with no cashiers etc.

To think the only option is to pay $15 per hour or go out of business is old timey logic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

If you’d said frolic in waterfalls you may have had me. 

19 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The question is whether you want to make $40k living in a 2000sqft ranch in the west, or making $100k living in a 200sqft studio in a city.

You’ve precisely nailed why federal and even state level wage floors are dumb by any measure. Cities or counties might make sense or be worth consideration, but a national wage floor is idiotic. The microeconomics across the country vary wildly. 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

But that’s not what we’re seeing. The added 300/week wasn’t the reason people aren’t returning to work. 

Businesses that realized this early on and raised their wages will be the ones that survive. The others will be gone in a year. The floor is now 15/hour and no one is returning to awful restaurant/retail work. Not ever.

Winner winner chicken dinner.  This is precisely why “big” places like Amazon are raising wages.  It’s not about fairness.  It’s about optics (good move in a strange political climate) and, more importantly, it’s about leveraging economic might to put the squeeze on smaller operations that either can’t keep pace or that aren’t smart enough to keep pace.  

47 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

There is a third option.  Automation.

Rising labor costs speed the move to automation replacing jobs.  McDonalds doesn't need 8 people taking your order and money, they will be replace by a tablet where you punch in what you want and swipe your card for example.  Just like they already have in the NJ airport.  More Amazon type stores with no cashiers etc.

To think the only option is to pay $15 per hour or go out of business is old timey logic.

Automation was coming regardless. As you now see, people are refusing to be forced back to those jobs, and that’s a good thing. No adult should be working at McDonalds. Automation in the retail sector came well before any wage hikes passed in the states.

The old “kiosk” boogeyman didn’t stop states from moving forward.

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’ve precisely nailed why federal and even state level wage floors are dumb by any measure. Cities or counties might make sense or be worth consideration, but a national wage floor is idiotic. The microeconomics across the country vary wildly. 

But they really don’t vary much at all. Rent for an apartment is the same in Florida as it is here in NJ and you make half of what you’d make in NJ. The math for working people isn’t hard at all. Maybe 20 years ago that was true, but not anymore.

Edited by Governor

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Automation was coming regardless. As you now see, people are refusing to be forced back to those jobs, and that’s a good thing. No adult should be working at McDonalds. Automation in the retail sector came well before any wage hikes passed in the states.

The old “kiosk” boogeyman didn’t stop states from moving forward.

And not working is better?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/06/24/why_bidens_child_allowance_will_harm_the_economy.html

Biden’s ‘Child Allowance’ Will Harm the Economy.

Soaring consumer prices and stubbornly high unemployment are the hallmarks of the Biden economy.

The reasons are as obvious as they were predictable, especially for those who dare to venture outside Washington, D.C. For months, I have warned that President Biden’s gigantic American Rescue Plan included needless government stimulus that would have devastating ripple effects.

While most critics’ focus so far has been on the plan’s extension of federal unemployment benefits, which effectively pay people not to work (and which states like Florida are thankfully ending), the package’s radical expansion of the federal welfare state has been relatively overlooked. That won’t be for long, as the plan’s new handout -- Biden’s so-called child “allowance” program -- will begin in July.

For the next six months, the Child Tax Credit, claimed by working families every year at tax time to keep more of their hard-earned money, will be transformed into an anti-work welfare check. Parents will receive monthly payments of $300 per child under 6 and $250 per child age 7 to 17. By next tax season, some households with no working adults will receive more than $10,000 in these payments. No work required. Just free money on top of America’s existing safety net.

It’s all part of a pattern of President Biden spending recklessly on a liberal policy wish list, at risk to the economy.

5 hours ago, Governor said:

Yes, and I mean good luck keeping the ones you have left.

our business are very specific, there wont be a worry of having employees on our end.  sorry.

In NJ, you can make like 2000/month and still qualify for FULL HC and FULL dental through the state. No co-pays.

Floridians, think about that. That would cover like 75 percent of your entire workforce. 

FULL DENTAL!

Edited by Governor