Jump to content

Quinnen Williams out 8-10 weeks


Recommended Posts

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

 

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

 

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

You do know the start of the season is ~16 weeks away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

 

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

 

I think the NFL has a rule that the Bills and Jets must play week 1. At least it seems that way. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

We'll know for sure on May 12

 

Yes we will. I predict we get 4 primetime games (2 SNF, 1 MNF, 1 TNF) with the possibility of getting flexed into a 5th one. Just like last year.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is home vs Patriots week 1.

 

I think they save the Bills-Pats for later in the year. Build the games up to see if NE can take back the top spot in the division. This would be a good primetime game IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is home vs Patriots week 1.

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

Edited by maddenboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

The schedule reveal is interesting to me, at least.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

That's a bit unfair, given the built-in advantage of far fewer games played per season. Each game carries far more weight automatically. Therefore, the schedule release is, in fact, meaningful for analysis and projection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MJS said:

The schedule reveal is interesting to me, at least.

 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

I only care because I want to know when I can plan my road trip to go to a game.

 

The whole "schedule reveal" being a 3 hour television special is silly.

 

Speaking of which, what is the over/under on the schedule reveal show, on the amount of time that they will be talking about the Patriots* Vs. Buccaneers game? :sick:

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

That's a bit unfair, given the built-in advantage of far fewer games played per season. Each game carries far more weight automatically. Therefore, the schedule release is, in fact, meaningful for analysis and projection. 

True.  Although I'd argue the NFL does a better job than any other league in creating parody though in various ways (hard cap, schedule design, no lottery draft, etc.) than any other league.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

 

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

It's not really a traditional 4-3, it's more of a hybrid Cover 3 type of defense. The OLB's will line up on the edges in many instances. I think he will benefit more because he'll have more one-on-one's.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Speaking of which, what is the over/under on the schedule reveal show, on the amount of time that they will be talking about the Patriots* Vs. Buccaneers game? :sick:

I remember the hype about Favre going back to Lambeau just as nauseating.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

 

I only care because I want to know when I can plan my road trip to go to a game.

 

The whole "schedule reveal" being a 3 hour television special is silly.

 

Speaking of which, what is the over/under on the schedule reveal show, on the amount of time that they will be talking about the Patriots* Vs. Buccaneers game? :sick:

Well, I don't watch the show. I just wait for the schedule to be posted.

 

It's not a big deal, but it's always a fun time when the schedule comes out and you can go through and predict the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...