Republicans Dumping On Lynne Cheney For Telling The Truth

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lots of noise and distraction from the right while it devours itself...

Oh the irony.

Pretty much all of Biden's policies are going south.

and the left/media desperately trying to make this a story...........😆 

No answer to this yet.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Without looking, tell us who is in the same position in the Democrat's House leadership ?

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh the irony.

Pretty much all of Biden's policies are going south.

and the left/media desperately trying to make this a story...........😆 

No answer to this yet.

Desperate? The only one desperate is you Bonnie... lol

It's funny that all the press outlets are choosing the same word, "defiant," when it's not the right word. I understand that the word is often used loosely, just to mean staunch and feisty, but when everyone picks the same loosely applicable word, there's something fishy. 

But what's fishy? I think it's a desire on the part of the press to imbue Cheney with some sort of righteous entitlement to leadership. They have allegiance to her. They feel defiant. By rights, she ought to lead the Republicans. That's not factually true, of course. I'm spelling this out to expose it as ridiculous.

"No one outside of Wyoming, except Peggy Noonan, cares a whit about Liz Cheney. 

A8F613BA-2F4D-4C4D-99A7-757733E4C9B4_1_2

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's funny that all the press outlets are choosing the same word, "defiant," when it's not the right word. I understand that the word is often used loosely, just to mean staunch and feisty, but when everyone picks the same loosely applicable word, there's something fishy. 

But what's fishy? I think it's a desire on the part of the press to imbue Cheney with some sort of righteous entitlement to leadership. They have allegiance to her. They feel defiant. By rights, she ought to lead the Republicans. That's not factually true, of course. I'm spelling this out to expose it as ridiculous.

"No one outside of Wyoming, except Peggy Noonan, cares a whit about Liz Cheney. 

A8F613BA-2F4D-4C4D-99A7-757733E4C9B4_1_2

Will Never Trumpers, Democrats Kill Trump's Political Resurrection?

Yes.

The reality of the situation, however, is far different, as journalist and Cook Political polling analyst Dave Wasserman observed:

Wasserman (and others in the media with similar takes) is right on the money, and here’s why. As we speak, we’re in the midst of several ongoing crises, including the gas shortages, the worsening border situation, rising inflation, terrible jobs numbers, and the pandemic.

Republican voters will not just expect Trump-like fighters in the House to stand up for them in the coming months as President Biden works to undo the economic progress made under Trump, they will demand it. Cheney spending her time focusing on the past instead of on the Pelosi/Biden agenda is not that that person.

That’s just the inconvenient truth of the matter, no matter what Liz Cheney’s concern troll defenders in the media, on the left, and among the Never Trump right will try to tell people otherwise.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/05/12/journalist-drops-an-inconvenient-truth-on-the-liz-cheney-concern-trolls-n378864

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

From here on out, Trump will attack and primary any candidate that they feel might turn on them so their choices are:

1: Leave these people alone in swing districts and hope they don’t flip once they get back in there.

2: Primary these people and end up with unelectable, Trumpy candidates in swing districts and fail to take back the House.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

From here on out, Trump will attack and primary any candidate that they feel might turn on them so their choices are:

1: Leave these people alone in swing districts and hope they don’t flip once they get back in there.

2: Primary these people and end up with unelectable, Trumpy candidates in swing districts and fail to take back the House.

ETTD

Of course, Cheney wasn’t going to go down quietly, and in not doing so, she strapped on the skis and jumped the shark one final time. Ok, it’s probably not going to be the final time, but I digress.

First, she gave this speech on the floor last night prior to the vote.

Our best ally in the Middle East is in a hot war right now, inflation is absolutely out of control, the jobs market has stagnated, the border is at crisis levels, and to top it all off, we have a gas shortage just so we can get that full 1970s experience. Despite that, Liz Cheney felt it necessary to go to the House floor, not to offer amends or to signal she would be willing to unify and move on, but to once again rant about Donald Trump and January 6th.

That video, valued readers, is why she was voted out of leadership this morning. It was the right move, and now Cheney can obsess over a guy who isn’t even president anymore from the backbench.

Of course, as if to purposely prove her detractors right, Cheney immediately went out and stuck her finger in her caucus’ eye again after the vote was finalized.

A few things here. For starters, Cheney, who spread the fake Russian bounties story and never apologized for it, virtue signaling about truth is rich. This is a woman who allowed her political wants to gain a foothold over the truth several times during Trump’s tenure.

Two, someone who war-mongers and has helped create destruction across the globe, specifically in the Middle East, doesn’t get to pretend they are somehow morally superior. The arrogance is stunning, and it shows how shallow some in the GOP have become over the last decade or so.

What matters more? A three-hour period of unrest at the Capitol where a bunch of unarmed people threw some punches and took selfies? Or the hundreds of thousands of dead Syrians, Iraqis, and Libyans killed at the behest of Cheney’s chosen policies?

Finally, let’s just talk about political strategy. If the goal here is to stop Trump from running in 2024 and to prevent him from winning the nomination if he does, why would you go on a crusade against him? That’s exactly how Trump ended up the nominee in 2016. From a purely pragmatic standpoint, the worst thing you can do is obsess over him and play the foil. But Cheney is happy to do it, playing against what are ostensibly her own interests.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/12/liz-cheney-straps-on-the-skis-and-jumps-the-shark-one-final-time-n378843

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Man.

If only he had a social media account to stir the pot 24/7/365 in order to scare off suburban women that can't stand him.  

Him being off Facebook is literally the best thing that can happen going forward I wouldn't even want him on there they can't keep their faces off that site - which supposedly won't be political anymore!  Lol sure.  

Twitter is different in that the old legacy media now takes what's fake trending and runs with it and the Trump Twitter controversies were red meat for them.  Kept him in the news when he didn't need to be. 

Hey wait a minute....

Is Trump being kicked off social media actually a net positive for the Trump Revolution?  

He becomes a martyr to his supporters.  

The "undecideds" (especially those suburban women!) never see his posts turn into week long "controversies."  It's why they voted for Candidate X.  A literal stand in for anything that doesn't get them in their insecure feelings all day bc of the bombastic alpha male.  

Why yes I think this might actually burn the Democrats, and that's why they just can't quit putting his name to every single story.  It will always go back to Trump. 

And with him out of the limelight, and a nation that unlike when Bush left, we KNOW things were just fine pre March 2020---what are they going to do?  The media blames Trump for what exactly......the good times?  The out of control inflation?  The gas shortages?  Their schools still mitigating?  Chaos abroad?  Unemployment?

Sooooo hey look Liz Cheney!!!    

Edited by Big Blitz

52 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Man.

If only he had a social media account to stir the pot 24/7/365 in order to scare off suburban women that can't stand him.  

Him being off Facebook is literally the best thing that can happen going forward I wouldn't even want him on there they can't keep their faces off that site - which supposedly won't be political anymore!  Lol sure.  

Twitter is different in that the old legacy media now takes what's fake trending and runs with it and the Trump Twitter controversies were red meat for them.  Kept him in the news when he didn't need to be. 

Hey wait a minute....

Is Trump being kicked off social media actually a net positive for the Trump Revolution?  

He becomes a martyr to his supporters.  

The "undecideds" (especially those suburban women!) never see his posts turn into week long "controversies."  It's why they voted for Candidate X.  A literal stand in for anything that doesn't get them in their insecure feelings all day bc of the bombastic alpha male.  

Why yes I think this might actually burn the Democrats, and that's why they just can't quit putting his name to every single story.  It will always go back to Trump. 

And with him out of the limelight, and a nation that unlike when Bush left, we KNOW things were just fine pre March 2020---what are they going to do?  The media blames Trump for what exactly......the good times?  The out of control inflation?  The gas shortages?  Their schools still mitigating?  Chaos abroad?  Unemployment?

Sooooo hey look Liz Cheney!!!    

I think you’re confusing general elections and midterm elections.

These midterms will be decided on whether young people and minority voters turnout. 

You should hope so at least. Biden made gains with suburban women since Election Day.

There’s a few things to watch for:

1. We know GOP turnout is much lower when Trump isn’t on the ticket, but how much lower this time?

2. Will minority and younger voters have a reason to come out?

3. Is Biden still polling above 50 percent?

4. Did voter suppression laws anger voters and increase turnout like last time?

Edited by Governor

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

Her quest to purge The Losing Strategy.

Good luck.  The next pandemic won't be hurting the Repubs this time...

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Bring it on Chumps!

Cheney to any Trump-backed challenger: 'Bring it on'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/553173-cheney-to-any-trump-backed-challenger-bring-it-on

LOL!  What did you expect her to say?

Do the 'posters'  on this thread realize that when they list another member of the GOP quoting that they don't believe Trump,

all they are doing is making the point that Cheney was not relieved of her duty for doing the same ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I was going to ask earlier, but what was Lizzie's position on daddy's claims of WMD's and his disastrous decision to invade Iraq because of it?  You want to talk about a BIG LIE...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was going to ask earlier, but what was Lizzie's position on daddy's claims of WMD's and his disastrous decision to invade Iraq because of it?  You want to talk about a BIG LIE...

The GOP can’t rebuild until Trump is gone. I’m not sure what you’re waiting for. 

Millennial voters are now at the age where they become reliable voters, and Dems have a huge lead with that group.

These midterm elections aren’t going to be pretty.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

The GOP can’t rebuild until Trump is gone. I’m not sure what you’re waiting for. 

Millennial voters are now at the age where they become reliable voters, and Dems have a huge lead with that group.

Yeah, for the Dems.  Even they know it.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Until they realize it will cost them 100 bucks to fill their big white suvs

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

Do the 'posters'  on this thread realize that when they list another member of the GOP quoting that they don't believe Trump,

all they are doing is making the point that Cheney was not relieved of her duty for doing the same ?

She voted for impeachment. 

3 hours ago, Governor said:

And the older Republican voters are dying, millions a year 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

Thing with Millennials is they are now getting to the point where they have houses and families.  They are going to become jaded now tat they have assets at all the helicopter money and how it erodes their savings. 

They are also moving up the payrolls so the amount the government is stealing from them is going to be more noticeable.  

it’s a fact that as people grow, and get older wiser and more affluent they tend to moderate towards at least fiscal conservatism. 

The current regime will try to hide it as long as they can, but eventually stagflation can no longer be hidden.  

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thing with Millennials is they are now getting to the point where they have houses and families.  They are going to become jaded now tat they have assets at all the helicopter money and how it erodes their savings. 

They are also moving up the payrolls so the amount the government is stealing from them is going to be more noticeable.  

it’s a fact that as people grow, and get older wiser and more affluent they tend to moderate towards at least fiscal conservatism. 

The current regime will try to hide it as long as they can, but eventually stagflation can no longer be hidden.  

That would make sense if there was an alternative choice. There isn’t.

There are no fiscal conservatives left. People like my parents left the party when the Christian Coalition took over, and the Terry Schiavo/Jeb fiasco that happened later, convinced them that they could never think about returning.

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

That would make sense if there was an alternative choice. There isn’t.

There are no fiscal conservatives left. People like my parents left the party when the Christian Coalition took over, and the Terry Schiavo/Jeb fiasco that happened later, convinced them that they could never think about returning.

Well you can't pick your family, eh Guv.

Are all of these fiscal conservative supposed to get swastika tattoos on their forehead and start attending Trump rallies?

The party left them years ago. They’re the middle that all went to Biden.

Not only that but these voters will all be dead 2 election cycles from now, and they aren’t being replaced by a new batch of fiscal conservatives. 

Edited by Governor

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I tried to tell B-man these things 15 years ago and he didn’t believe me then, and he doesn’t believe me now.

HE is the reason why the Republican Party is a minority party right now.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I tried to tell B-man these things 15 years ago and he didn’t believe me then, and he doesn’t believe me now.

HE is the reason why the Republican Party is a minority party right now.

Move over Donald...........LOL.

I may have to save this for November 2022, so I can claim credit for the coming takeover of Congress, that the folks with blinders on are missing.

😎

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

B-man is sitting here thinking that old people will bale him out in these midterms.

Trump killed half of them!

He likely killed off 400,000 of his own voters!

You do realize your posts are bordering on hysteria, right ?

Just now, 716er said:

Better chance of Bona winning the national championship in 2022 than Republicans crushing the mid-terms.

Funny you should say that, since the Bonnies are in their best position in 50 years to win the tournament.

Top twenty Pre-season ranking,

all 5 starters returning from last years team that went to the dance.

Several D-1 transfers to the Bonnies.

Now I would still put the odds of a  3,000 attendance school winning it all at over 500 to 1.

But the odds on the Republicans regaining the house are 3 to 5.

The media, the Left (same difference, we know), and Never Trump have been working VERY hard to make the Liz Cheney drama about Donald Trump because if they can pretend Republicans are mad at her for dissing their CULT LEADER then they can continue to promote the idea that Republicans are a cult.

And Liz seems AOK with that as long as she gets invited to the right dinner parties and gets interviewed by CNN and other outlets.

Brit Hume was good enough to say what it really means when it comes to Liz Cheney:

• Like (+1) 1