Republicans Dumping On Lynne Cheney For Telling The Truth

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That’s some hard truths right there. They had 20 years to change course but the base is in a suicide mission. There isn’t anything Dems can do to help them along. Are we supposed to jump off the cliff with them?

I think people are realizing that it can’t be saved. Something will take its place but it won’t be recognizable to many on this board.

Edited by The Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ha Hilly and Billy were aborting full term adults like Vince Foster lol

I think that solving the abortion issue, and paying off the national debt are fairly equal in terms of things that are considered compeletely reasonable, and can be figured out over time.  Said no one ever.

The title of the thread is meaningless because the Republican Party does not exist.  There are Democrats and there are Trump clan members.  When solid actual Republicans like Romney and Cheney and Sasse and Flake are not considered Republican anymore it just shows the inanity of those enslaved to a guy that lost the Congress and the White House.

Independents like me will never vote for anyone who licks Trump’s behind.  

• Agree 1

So, she’s basically going to sidestep McCarthy and do a Presidential run. That will fill her coffers and she can always take that experience and national name recognition back home to run for that Wyoming Senate seat at some point.

This is why everyone’s mad.

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

I guess I totally missed that. That’s what Trump is freaking out about. He doesn’t want her on TV every week because she’s interviews really well like her father.

She probably figures that things will shift back to foreign policy at some point and then she can clown DeSantis, Cruz, and others. The more I think about it, it’s probably a good time for her to take her shot because if she sits back and waits, someone else will take that space and she’ll get overlooked for being a woman. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of these attacks are coming from Nikki Haley’s camp. She’s a real you know what.

Edited by The Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Quick Reminder:

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

Let’s be clear. Liz Cheney is not on the verge of being forced out of leadership because she has convictions.

There are plenty of GOP House members who 1) don’t like Trump and 2) have varying views on things like amnesty and foreign policy (Cheney is out of step with most Republicans on those two issues). Those members are not being pushed out of the party or punished.

The reason Cheney is in trouble is that she’s refusing to let go of her anti-Trumpism and January 6th obsession when those things are simply not relevant to the party anymore. She’s also been directly undermining McCarthy publicly after he went out of his way to give her space to vent.

She’s had that space and now is the time to let it go and move forward. Cheney doesn’t have the capacity or will to do that. Thus, she has no place in leadership.

Common sense..............which is why some here don't get it.

McCarthy made it very clear the concerns with Cheney weren’t about her impeachment vote but about whether or not Cheney, as the person in the third position in the Republican leadership, would be able to carry out the Republican message when she appeared to be so conflicted on what that meant. He said they needed unity going forward in order to beat the Democrats in 2022.

From Townhall:

“There’s no concern about how she voted on impeachment. That decision has been made,” McCarthy told “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning. “I have heard from members concerned about her ability to carry out the job as Conference Chair, to carry out the message.” [….]

“We all need to be working as one, if we’re able to win the majority,” McCarthy added. “Remember, majorities are not given. They are earned. And that’s about the message about going forward, combating Joe Biden.”

But now, Cheney’s answer, through a spokesperson Jeremy Adler, says everything about why the GOP needs to usher her the gate from the leadership position.

“This is about whether the Republican Party is going to perpetuate lies about the 2020 election and attempt to whitewash what happened on Jan 6,” he said, according to Politico. “Liz will not do that. That is the issue.”

So basically now, she’s not just attacking President Donald Trump, she’s attacking all Republicans, calling them liars if they don’t agree with her positions. Tell me again how this person is still there in leadership? If you ever expect to win against the Democrats, you have to show that you can stand up for yourself and your positions against such attacks first.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05/04/liz-cheneys-response-to-kevin-mccarthy-shows-exactly-why-the-gop-needs-to-cut-her-from-leadership-n374310?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=onsite&utm_campaign=719

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, daz28 said:

Tell me which Democrat has a strangle hold on its members so bad that they will primary each and every one of them that has a dissenting opinion until they are all gone.  That's different than what you are saying.

AOC has repeatedly threatened to primary D's.  Granted that she does not have a "strangle hold", but sh'es got a loud megaphone within her party.  Pelosi probably has the strangle hold.  I haven't seen any D House members step out of line in the past 4 years because Trump was "the" galvanizing figure to rally around.

The D's formed a coalition to get the WH and eventually that coalition is going to crack and you'll see things happen the D's like what's happening with Cheny and Romney.  Why do you only want to look at one party.  Trump is an anomaly and his voice is actually diminishing over time.  Power waxes and wanes.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Common sense..............which is why some here don't get it.

McCarthy made it very clear the concerns with Cheney weren’t about her impeachment vote but about whether or not Cheney, as the person in the third position in the Republican leadership, would be able to carry out the Republican message when she appeared to be so conflicted on what that meant. He said they needed unity going forward in order to beat the Democrats in 2022.

From Townhall:

“There’s no concern about how she voted on impeachment. That decision has been made,” McCarthy told “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning. “I have heard from members concerned about her ability to carry out the job as Conference Chair, to carry out the message.” [….]

“We all need to be working as one, if we’re able to win the majority,” McCarthy added. “Remember, majorities are not given. They are earned. And that’s about the message about going forward, combating Joe Biden.”

But now, Cheney’s answer, through a spokesperson Jeremy Adler, says everything about why the GOP needs to usher her the gate from the leadership position.

“This is about whether the Republican Party is going to perpetuate lies about the 2020 election and attempt to whitewash what happened on Jan 6,” he said, according to Politico. “Liz will not do that. That is the issue.”

So basically now, she’s not just attacking President Donald Trump, she’s attacking all Republicans, calling them liars if they don’t agree with her positions. Tell me again how this person is still there in leadership? If you ever expect to win against the Democrats, you have to show that you can stand up for yourself and your positions against such attacks first.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05/04/liz-cheneys-response-to-kevin-mccarthy-shows-exactly-why-the-gop-needs-to-cut-her-from-leadership-n374310?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=onsite&utm_campaign=719

Why?  Because true leaders stand up for truth.