Georgia election laws and MLB

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Who is the controlling party in Georgia? Why would blue counties purposely close their sites?

This is the best you have? Georgia allowed each county great latitude to get the votes collected properly, the fact that so many blue counties are not well run is not due to conservatives. As for the hours, I can't give a good reason besides incompetence. I can't come up with a good reason why my line in 2012 was so long while 4 miles away in the next county everything went well. My town and the next town are similar in all ways except the county.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is the best you have? Georgia allowed each county great latitude to get the votes collected properly, the fact that so many blue counties are not well run is not due to conservatives. As for the hours, I can't give a good reason besides incompetence. I can't come up with a good reason why my line in 2012 was so long while 4 miles away in the next county everything went well. My town and the next town are similar in all ways except the county.

Your argument brings up a good insight.  Somebody in charge of figuring this all out with problem solving skills would look at the voting process in the two places and identify the traits and characteristics that are similar and those that are different.  And determine through some basic analysis which specifics could be the cause of the disparity.  And then put a plan in place to "fix" those issues and then test their changes to see if the results improve the process in the non-performing location vs. the well run voting jurisdiction.  Taking it further you might want to do some analysis of the effectiveness of all towns and counties across the state and identify "good" practices" and "bad practices" and apply the good examples to all under-performing locations.  

Your conclusion the people in charge of the poorly run township are incompetent or not trained or properly equipped to do the job in an effective manner could be correct.  Or it could be something else.  People automatically assuming "racism" may turn out to be correct too but unless some inspection and problem identification is performed all they really have is some wild ass guess. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

and Georgia now has mail in voting which is something it didn’t have before last year. So yes similar laws

Yup, just like 100 and 1,000,000 are similar as they are both numbers. But they are different numbers 

56 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Your argument brings up a good insight.  Somebody in charge of figuring this all out with problem solving skills would look at the voting process in the two places and identify the traits and characteristics that are similar and those that are different.  And determine through some basic analysis which specifics could be the cause of the disparity.  And then put a plan in place to "fix" those issues and then test their changes to see if the results improve the process in the non-performing location vs. the well run voting jurisdiction.  Taking it further you might want to do some analysis of the effectiveness of all towns and counties across the state and identify "good" practices" and "bad practices" and apply the good examples to all under-performing locations.  

Your conclusion the people in charge of the poorly run township are incompetent or not trained or properly equipped to do the job in an effective manner could be correct.  Or it could be something else.  People automatically assuming "racism" may turn out to be correct too but unless some inspection and problem identification is performed all they really have is some wild ass guess. 

It's easier to shout out "racism" or "Jim Crow," using it as a cover to get ineligibles to vote.

17 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Just destroys lies of the right:

It’s amazing what happens when actual facts are presented instead of looking and relying on misleading tweets.

To register to vote in colorado you need an ID before they will mail you a ballot. The only large "good" difference between GA is that CO mails out ballots to everyone who is registered, where as in GA you must request it and in CO you can register on election day, but you need an ID anyways. We can debate these two points but neither is racist. Her best line is "no widespread fraud" which is true but shouldn't our goal be to eliminate as much fraud as possible? These laws help with security.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

To register to vote in colorado you need an ID before they will mail you a ballot. The only large "good" difference between GA is that CO mails out ballots to everyone who is registered, where as in GA you must request it and in CO you can register on election day, but you need an ID anyways. We can debate these two points but neither is racist. Her best line is "no widespread fraud" which is true but shouldn't our goal be to eliminate as much fraud as possible? These laws help with security.

You’re ignoring the much more broad definition of ID in CO compared to GA.

As a comparison, CO ID law is like Buddy Nix drafting a QB where any reasonable thing looking like a QB will work (and we get EJ Manuel). GA ID law is like Beane drafting a QB. It needs to be meet specific requirements and you need to jump through hoops to get it like trading a bunch of players to accumulate picks to move up in the draft.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's easier to shout out "racism" or "Jim Crow," using it as a cover to get ineligibles to vote.

Can you point out proof of ineligibles substantially voting in states with less strict election laws?

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

There is no true fraud in elections.  The percent is like 0.0001%.  The commission Trump set up after 2016 to investigate supposed fraud found nothing and was disbanded as a result.  The DOJ found nothing in 2020.  Georgia did three audits and found nothing.  The changes to voter laws in Georgia and elsewhere are complete farces, being done because of some slavish devotion to an ex-President who lost the White House and both houses of Congress.

I swear if Trump said 2+ 2= 5 many like you would fall all over themselves trying to rewrite the basic laws of math.  Enough already.  Make sure everyone has the same form of federal ID and other than that make sure everyone has the unfettered ability to vote.  And that means making more opportunities available, not less.  It means the state legislature can’t invalidate votes on a whim.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

That's a link.  As noted, I don't click on your links because I don't trust them.  Could be malware.  Could be some weird QAnon thing.  Could be an attempt to sell me a MyPillow.  Can't take the risk.  

So, what's your answer, Chef Jim Crow?  I have to translate for you all the time, and it's tiresome.  I can only assume if you can't type an answer that you don't have one.  Which isn't surprising, given your shameful crowy position here.  Maybe this type of thing works in your "professional" capacity as a mysterious "financial adviser," but it doesn't fly in the arena of Internet message board randos.  No sir.  Not a chance.  So until you can type an answer and articulate your thoughts, I'll have no choice but to assume that Chef Jim Crow can't answer the question and doesn't have thoughts of his own on this issue.  

Enjoy your day, Chef Jim Crow. 

You have asked me to defend a position I’ve NOT held and I have. I have asked you to defend a position you HAVE held and you have not. 

What parts of this Bill are the equivalent of Jim Crow? 

42 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Can you point out proof of ineligibles substantially voting in states with less strict election laws?

Then why are Dems so against voter ID?  Do you really believe that it's so hard for the handful of people without any form of ID to obtain one?

And what makes you so certain the numbers are correct?  For a different example, they caught 3 terrorists trying to cross the border within the past week.  Do you think that's all that's all that's gotten through and we're safe?

Edited by Doc

53 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

As a comparison, CO ID law is like Buddy Nix drafting a QB where any reasonable thing looking like a QB will work (and we get EJ Manuel). GA ID law is like Beane drafting a QB. It needs to be meet specific requirements and you need to jump through hoops to get it like trading a bunch of players to accumulate picks to move up in the draft.

That's an interesting question.  Personally, I have no way of validating whether or not fraud exists as I have no access to voter registration records and other data needed to perform a proper analysis.  And truthfully I don't trust the people who can perform this analysis.  Because I believe they don't care about integrity of elections.  Their primary focus is about "winning".  So a fundamental problem I see is the people that do have the ability to perform checks have no motivation or desire to look.  

So the core issue of contention to me isn't that you and I or others might disagree about the extent or existence of fraud.  The issue is you seem trust officials and I do not.  That's really the disagreement and debate we are all having here.  My conclusions is public officials are less than honest, care about themselves and their power first and foremost, and don't care about much else beyond that.  Its the result of winning that only matters and all else is not important.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, Doc said:

Big problems were caused by China lying, no PPE, Fauci lying, NYC not being closed down quick enough and riots during the summer.

Carry on.

Fauci lying? Of course it always someone else’s fault when it comes to the Trump disaster.

And oh - well look at this:

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Is anyone surprised ?

What is the big deal ?

We are just trying to make it easier for people to vote.....

:lol:

From the perspective of politicians and their parties the applicable motto here is... "if you can't beat 'em then cheat 'em".

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Is anyone surprised ?

What is the big deal ?

We are just trying to make it easier for people to vote.....

:lol:

Yes the General went swimmingly well.  Nothing to see here folks.  No need for change or reform.  

Interesting how this works.

Liberal Reform = Progress

Conservative Reform = Racism

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There is no true fraud in elections.  The percent is like 0.0001%.  The commission Trump set up after 2016 to investigate supposed fraud found nothing and was disbanded as a result.  The DOJ found nothing in 2020.  Georgia did three audits and found nothing.  The changes to voter laws in Georgia and elsewhere are complete farces, being done because of some slavish devotion to an ex-President who lost the White House and both houses of Congress.

I swear if Trump said 2+ 2= 5 many like you would fall all over themselves trying to rewrite the basic laws of math.  Enough already.  Make sure everyone has the same form of federal ID and other than that make sure everyone has the unfettered ability to vote.  And that means making more opportunities available, not less.  It means the state legislature can’t invalidate votes on a whim.

In new york they tossed 10% of the votes in one of the primaries. That is either evidence of fraud or incompetence because you can't toss ballots unless you think they are fraud. I swear you Biden people will believe those ballots were tossed just to help the republican.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You have asked me to defend a position I’ve NOT held and I have. I have asked you to defend a position you HAVE held and you have not. 

What parts of this Bill are the equivalent of Jim Crow? 

Sorry, Chef Jim Crow.  We do one question at a time.  You indicated there was “chaos” in the November election in GA.  The issue is the “chaos” of which you speak and how your crowy little bill addresses that issue.  I thought it would be pretty simple for you to explain as much, but I guess simple for others isn’t so simple for you.  And you think you could be my financial adviser . . . . 

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sorry, Chef Jim Crow.  We do one question at a time.  You indicated there was “chaos” in the November election in GA.  The issue is the “chaos” of which you speak and how your crowy little bill addresses that issue.  I thought it would be pretty simple for you to explain as much, but I guess simple for others isn’t so simple for you.  And you think you could be my financial adviser . . . . 

Oh now it's MY Bill?  :rolleyes:

How does MY Bill look like Jim Crow/  Why won't you answer my questions?  Oh wait I know.  You're a troll.  Trolling is not very becoming counselor but I have learned to expect nothing more than trolling from you.   

Carry on foolish troll.  

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Your first point is valid, I did not realize how lax there law is about what ID means and I ask the question of how often they go through the rolls because it would seem that I could just move to another part of the state and get a second ballot, maybe someone with more details could comment. As for the second part of "substantial" in NY they threw out 8k votes during the primary that had only 80k total votes. This should be unacceptable in any situation but it indicates either vague laws, that people do not know what to do, or corruption at that scale. Good clear laws make it easier for all sides to deal with.

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In new york they tossed 10% of the votes in one of the primaries. That is either evidence of fraud or incompetence because you can't toss ballots unless you think they are fraud. I swear you Biden people will believe those ballots were tossed just to help the republican.

That was a primary.  Do you know what a primary is?   There was no evidence of fraud whatsoever in the general election.  Quit being so damn gullible and believing anything a proven liar tells you.

I don’t excuse the primary by the way.  But it has nothing to do with the general election in which multiple election agencies, courts and the DOJ all said that there was no fraud.  Which is great for Independents like me to hear.  

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh now it's MY Bill?  :rolleyes:

How does MY Bill look like Jim Crow/  Why won't you answer my questions?  Oh wait I know.  You're a troll.  Trolling is not very becoming counselor but I have learned to expect nothing more than trolling from you.   

Carry on foolish troll.  

Answering a question with a different question or questions is unbecoming.  We could get a lot further if you could simply articulate a response to the question on the floor.  Simple for some, but not simple for Chef Jim Crow. 

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That was a primary.  Do you know what a primary is?   There was no evidence of fraud whatsoever in the general election.  Quit being so damn gullible and believing anything a proven liar tells you.

I don’t excuse the primary by the way.  But it has nothing to do with the general election in which multiple election agencies, courts and the DOJ all said that there was no fraud.  Which is great for Independents like me to hear.  

Ding ding we have a winner.  This is the point that Chef Jim Crow refuses to acknowledge.  Things, save for attempted/actual Trumpian interference in the count of the ballots cast in the general, went smoothly.  The point to be drawn therefrom is that, while there were problems in the primary, the relative smoothness of the general showed that the rules that were in place worked and that there was nothing that required fixing.  

So what is the impetus for this nonsense bill?  Chef Jim Crow and his acolytes are fumbling around on the issue because they don’t have a reasonable answer for the question, other than that the bill is intended to stifle minority vote and put a thumb on the scales for the suburban and rural vote (that is, the Republican vote) in Georgia.