Georgia election laws and MLB

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Oh good lord:

Earlier this week, one of the most senior Democratic state lawmakers cried so heavily during a floor speech promising to fight GOP efforts that he had to mop away tears with a handkerchief.

Mop away with a handkerchief.  :rolleyes:  

GEORGIA SMEAR BLOWING UP IN BIDEN’S FACE       Screen-Shot-2021-04-06-at-7.34.43-PM.png

The Democrats, in their seemingly endless quest to profit from race hatred, have lied repeatedly about Georgia’s election reform law. Their lies were too bald-faced even for their own captive press, earning Joe Biden the maximum Four Pinocchios from the Washington Post. Now the push-back is under way in earnest.

It turns out that Joe Biden’s own state, Delaware, has voting laws that are more restrictive (i.e., do a better job of protecting election integrity) than the new Georgia statute. So a Georgia representative has introduced legislation to conform Georgia’s election law to Delaware’s:

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/georgia-smear-blowing-up-in-bidens-face.php

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nonsense, for one case you may need to own property, not rent, and in the other case you need to be enrolled in a school. 

So that illusion of accepting other forms very clearly oppresses communities who are disproportionately renters, homeless, or not school enrolled. 

and those aren’t the only ones Colorado allows. They also allow a birth certificate (which almost everyone has), bank statements, government check, paycheck, or any other document from the government with name and address. Again, all things you don’t need to pay for and most likely will have at least one of without having to do anything special.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You've not heard from me regarding what this solves because you're too lazy to look.  

Sectionc3:  Because I have yet to see what this law does or will do or even give it time this law is RACIST!!

Again to compare this to Jim Crow is ***** obscene!  

BTW the the law makes provisions for water at all polling places. Have you even read the damn thing?  Sure sounds like you have not.  

I’ll translate. Chef Jim Crow cannot identify the problem that this law addresses.  

It’s because there is no real problem.  The only “problem” that motivated the drafters is that their side lost.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ll translate. Chef Jim Crow cannot identify the problem that this law addresses.  

It’s because there is no real problem.  The only “problem” that motivated the drafters is that their side lost.  

There is no real problem?  So the 2020 Primaries and General in GA went swimmingly well?  How's the hell do you breath with your head so far up your ass?  

Again late to the show and pointing out things that have already been discussed.   Do you homework counselor.  

46 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The GA Secretary of State says that 97% of registered Georgia voters have a divers license associated with their voter registration.  So the quantified "problem" is 3% of registered voters will need to be assisted by the State in acquiring or utilizing another form of identification.  If you have any problem solving skills you'll recognize that one of the first steps in trying to solve a problem is understanding its magnitude and impact.  Determine how big it is with objective metrics and measures.  Understand the impact, the root cause, and then develop a plan to fix it.    

He also stated, "What is most incredible about what has happened over the past week in Georgia is the speed with which liberal politicians and their allies went from condemning election disinformation to wholeheartedly spreading it. If we were not so used to the hypocrisy, it might have given us whiplash".

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Local Governments getting involved. Which Repubs should love since they are all about keeping it small and local.

What's a non-partisan beverage or food?   LOL!

Why do they feel the need to distribute food and beverages in line?

Just now, Chef Jim said:

What's a non-partisan beverage or food?   LOL!

Why do they feel the need to distribute food and beverages in line?

Meaning they arent campaigning for any politician. Simply there to give out supplies.

It's necessary because thanks to Kemp/GOP policies, we have times of 6+ hours people wait in line just to vote here in GA.

The solution would be to get those times down, but that means making it easy for the highly populated (read:Democrat) areas to vote. Which is the opposite of what they are trying to do.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Meaning they arent campaigning for any politician. Simply there to give out supplies.

It's necessary because thanks to Kemp/GOP policies, we have times of 6+ hours people wait in line just to vote here in GA.

The solution would be to get those times down, but that means making it easy for the highly populated (read:Democrat) areas to vote. Which is the opposite of what they are trying to do.

Have you read the Bill because it sounds like you've not read the Bill?  

The Bill makes provisions for reducing lines and giving people access to drinking water.  

Also they can provide all the food and beverages they want beyond 150 feet.  How long were the lines in GA?  

Mail in voting when properly done eliminates long lines .

As of July 2020, five states – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington – hold elections almost entirely by mail. Postal voting is an option in 33 states and the District of Columbia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_voting_in_the_United_States#:~:text=As of July 2020%2C five,and the District of Columbia.

Edited by ALF

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The Bill makes provisions for reducing lines and giving people access to drinking water.  

Also they can provide all the food and beverages they want beyond 150 feet.  How long were the lines in GA?  

Yes, as a City of Atlanta voter whose rights are under direct attack here, I know the bill very well. Seems like you are getting your info from biased talking points tho.

It does neither of what you are stating, but does use some BS to try to give that image. Just like the same false narrative that this bill is necessary due to fraud in the last election.

And again you show you dont know anything about what we are facing in this state. 150 feet is child's play for GA voting.

Strange that as someone such as yourself who votes by mail (also under attack here) with no issues, you have no problem with our local government attacking that very method.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ALF said:

Mail in voting when properly done eliminates long lines .

As of July 2020, five states – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington – hold elections almost entirely by mail. Postal voting is an option in 33 states and the District of Columbia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_voting_in_the_United_States#:~:text=As of July 2020%2C five,and the District of Columbia.

Are you kidding? This only doesn’t work in SWING states. 

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's that last 150 that were the killer...

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, as a City of Atlanta voter whose rights are under direct attack here, I know the bill very well. Seems like you are getting your info from biased talking points tho.

It does neither of what you are stating, but does use some BS to try to give that image. Just like the same false narrative that this bill is necessary due to fraud in the last election.

And again you show you dont know anything about what we are facing in this state. 150 feet is child's play for GA voting.

Strange that as someone such as yourself who votes by mail (also under attack here) with no issues, you have no problem with our local government attacking that very method.

Nope.  I'm getting my talking points DIRECTLY from the bill.  So you start your rebuttal to mine on a very bad assumption. 

So you say 150 feet is child's play.  How many feet long are the lines?  500 feet? 1,000 feet?  5,000 feet?

Let's say for easy math the lines are 1,500 feet long.  For a wait times that GA has experienced that sounds reasonable. If the line extends 1,500 feet the Bill allows for 10....10!!! such stations offering food and/or drink.  Also the Bill states that they cannot be within 25 feet of anyone waiting in line.   Sooooo what's your beef?  Are you sure you've read the bill??

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

There is no real problem?  So the 2020 Primaries and General in GA went swimmingly well?  How's the hell do you breath with your head so far up your ass?  

Again late to the show and pointing out things that have already been discussed.   Do you homework counselor.  

Unfortunately Chef Jim Crow’s latest collection of words and phrases requires additional translation. I’ll help.  

What Chef Jim Crow intended to communicate is that he has one hilarious nickname and no explanation as to what problem is addressed by the new GA law. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Unfortunately Chef Jim Crow’s latest collection of words and phrases requires additional translation. I’ll help.  

What Chef Jim Crow intended to communicate is that he has one hilarious nickname and no explanation as to what problem is addressed by the new GA law. 

No explanation?  You just don't like my explanation and that's ok.  I don't expect you to like anything I post.  Carry on counselor.  

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope.  I'm getting my talking points DIRECTLY from the bill.  So you start your rebuttal to mine on a very bad assumption. 

So you say 150 feet is child's play.  How many feet long are the lines?  500 feet? 1,000 feet?  5,000 feet?

Let's say for easy math the lines are 1,500 feet long.  For a wait times that GA has experienced that sounds reasonable. If the line extends 1,500 feet the Bill allows for 10....10!!! such stations offering food and/or drink.  Also the Bill states that they cannot be within 25 feet of anyone waiting in line.   Sooooo what's your beef?  Are you sure you've read the bill??

Because the whole thing is silly and unnecessary and only serves to give authorities another path to make voting more difficult. If there are so many ways around it, why have it at all?

It's also interesting that its the main thing you are focusing on.

But I'm not going to debate any longer this with a hypocrite who is responding from a Democratic lead state, and who takes full advantage of the luxury of having Democratic voting policies. Trade in your mail-in ballot and go stand in line for 8 hours yourself if you think these are such great policies. Meanwhile, we'll be fighting for our most basic rights down here in GA.

35 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You expect people to go and get the water...themselves?  That's racist!