Ryan Leaf subbing in for Rich Eisen

I searched and did not see any other threads.  Has anybody watched or listened to him?  He is providing great commentary and many self-reflective moments.  Not sure if he has enough overall NFL knowledge to keep it up week after week, but he is doing very well.  9 years sober.  Good to see.  Hope he gets a chance to keep providing content through the rest of this off-season and into next year.  

• Like (+1) 10

Good for him. One of the saddest sagas in the NFL draft history--it gets brought up every year when talking about QBs at draft time (like how "wide right" is associated with Super Bowl  field goal kicking). Can you imagine fighting personal demons and trying to live up to unfulfilled expectations before an unforgiving public eye? He's fought and won. Congratulations Ryan Leaf. Hard not to appreciate that.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Every time I see Ryan Leaf, I am reminded of my 100% bet the farm prediction that I made to anyone who would listen in 1998— that Leaf would be, by far, the much better NFL QB over Peyton Manning. 

Don't feel bad. How many Rosen guys were there? Seems like half this board from what I recall.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Man people got over his domestic violence conviction res quick from last year 

Not getting over it. He got 3 years probation for false imprisonment. I thought his media career was over. I would assume NFL vetted the case and moved forward with him. The guy certainly has struggled in his personal life. 

10 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Not getting over it. He got 3 years probation for false imprisonment. I thought his media career was over. I would assume NFL vetted the case and moved forward with him. The guy certainly has struggled in his personal life. 

Yea I know he’s had a lot of struggles but domestic violence is a different level. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Yea I know he’s had a lot of struggles but domestic violence is a different level. 

Oh I agree I’m not giving him a pass. But it seems like the NFL network would be very sensitive to this issue and has him on the air. Not defending him but surprised NFL would have him working if it was physical violence. Don’t know every nuisance of the case.