Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you obviously want a "Keep out" sign on America. I don't like that, but thanks for sharing. 

Would you support a foreign policy that sought to promote more democracy and economic growth in the Americas so people don't have to flee their own countries? Personally I think that's the way to go. 

And immigrants are welcome in the America I want to live in. aging populations are a threat to prosperity, government funding and national security, IMO 

Can we at least get a ‘Please knock before entering’ sign? How about that? Tibs…your position is laughable. No country allows this sort of rampant law breaking! 

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting to read how you put it, but the goal isn’t to stop them from ‘wanting to come’ to America. We all love that they want to come. The goal is to stop them from breaking our laws and disrespecting our sovereignty as a nation. 

Imagine that. Following the law.

I'd suspect hundreds of millions of people on our planet desperately want to come here and always will.

For those unconcerned about following the law my question is where do you draw the line? 2 million? 20 million? 200 million?

And when you reach your limit are you now inhuman for suddenly wanting to follow the law?

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the current policies have resulted in more migrant deaths then ever before. Thoughts?

They don't care.  The optics aren't there.  The alphabet media knows it's politically inconvenient for Dems so they ignore/don't talk about it.  

2 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Imagine that. Following the law.

I'd suspect hundreds of millions of people on our planet desperately want to come here and always will.

For those unconcerned about following the law my question is where do you draw the line? 2 million? 20 million? 200 million?

And when you reach your limit are you now inhuman for suddenly wanting to follow the law?

We already learned that the line in Martha’s Vineyard is drawn at 50. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

The Left has literally no sense of logic whatsoever. The first things in that ridiculous tweet have nothing to do with the last one. In fact, one could almost say that they actually prove the last one. Total idiots! But keep right on posting tweets Billsy….you keep proving the point. Oh wait, I thought you guys hated tweeting. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Since your major care is the deaths, the article seems to lay out a way to decrease the deaths:

”As WOLA’s July 28 analysis noted, border deaths increase as enforcement policies harden in an effort to deter migrants. (Today’s record levels of migration show that decades of deterrence policies have had no effect, other than increased fatalities.) Reuters cites the “towering wall” along the border, which has channeled migrants to more dangerous desert routes, and the Title 42 pandemic expulsions policy, prolonged in May by a Louisiana federal court order, that forces many countries’ asylum seekers to avoid detection rather than turning themselves in to U.S. authorities.”

So I assume then decreasing border enforcement and removing the wall would both be things you support to decrease the deaths.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Left has literally no sense of logic whatsoever. The first things in that ridiculous tweet have nothing to do with the last one. In fact, one could almost say that they actually prove the last one. Total idiots! But keep right on posting tweets Billsy….you keep proving the point. Oh wait, I thought you guys hated tweeting. 

Ultra MAGA logic

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886aa5a1b532ae885311e

7 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

IMG_20220916_092850.thumb.jpg.dc0450deca853b1824ca12750b502d3d.jpg

I saw an interview and I believe the officials name was Lisa Belcastro where she stated Martha's Vineyard doesn't have the capabilities to handle 50 asylum seekers.  But that point can be made in almost every city and town where the Feds are dumping thousands of migrants.  I assume those jurisdictions are not allowed to complain or discuss the Federal governments immigrant logistics operation under some gag orders to keep quiet.  Pissing and moaning about transit operations conducted by hostile State governors is another matter.  Complain away here using all the standard social justice memes.  

Otherwise, the resources at the State and Federal level don't exist to address issues of homelessness and drug addiction faced by American citizens.  Yet our government sees fit to dump more and more strain on a social safety net system that is already stressed and ineffective.  It's the height of stupidity to continue to allow uncontrolled and unlimited large numbers of people into the country.  A logical action would be to close the border for some period of time and tell people not to come here as they won't be let in. And use that break to sort things out rationally.  But there's no chance of that with the Party of Chaos in charge.  And when officials insist the border is "secure" (what exact definition of secure they're using we don't know) they sound like idiots and liars when clearly video and news of thousand streaming across the border unimpeded every day is available.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I guess that Mayor lightfoot agrees with me.

and the point that I have been making in this thread.

“This is a national problem, it needs a national solution, cities and states cannot be left to fend for ourselves,” she declared.

Bingo! That’s the point here, and she’s finally spelling it out for everyone to hear–that Biden has to take action and that they have to have a plan that deals with this problem. That’s what the border cities have been demanding for two years, until it finally just became too much and they resorted to busing people to sanctuary cities.

Now, with just a few illegal aliens, the Democrats like Lightfoot are throwing a fit. It just shows what a sham the whole “we’re sanctuary cities” is. When push comes to shove, they show what a failure those policies are.

But the Biden team has just been lying their heads off, claiming the border is secure and giving incompetent word salads. They’ve bought all this by their failed approach to the border. Now, Biden is going to have to fish or cut bait with his own Democrats screaming — take this seriously or get eaten alive by his own people, right before the midterms.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/09/15/lori-lightfoot-drops-biden-with-the-priceless-words-weve-been-waiting-to-hear-about-illegal-aliens-n627959

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we at least get a ‘Please knock before entering’ sign? How about that? Tibs…your position is laughable. No country allows this sort of rampant law breaking! 

You just want these people gone, right? You don't care how? 

I'm glad Abbot and DeSantis are moving them into the country