Watson bombshell?

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Odd that he said he was just made aware of the lawsuit via social media and hasn’t yet seen the claim... but also quickly rejected a baseless six-figure settlement demand when the suit was filed? 

Clean statement from Watson otherwise... but that seemed kind of odd to me...? 

He wrote he has not "yet seen the complaint" - does not mean he did not know about it 

Very odd that the attorney writes it is "not about $" but only files a civil complaint for $ and not a criminal complaint

(does not mean he is innocent or guilty, but it is about $)

Edited by ticketssince61

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Settle down Kobe.  Not all claims are false and sexual assaults come with a lot of complexities.  

That is not to say Watson should be assumed guilty.  My initial read on this is that the lawyer is self aggrandizing and that law schools have lowered their standards when it comes to the written word.  

Not sure what happened with that triple post...it wouldn't submit so I kept hitting the button hahaha...

I'm not saying they are but the problem with all these stories from the past is it's been proven that memories often times are not accurate and become less accurate as more time goes by.

Additionally just because a person regrets doing something afterwards doesn't make it a crime when it happened. I mean Uncle Rico wishes he could go back to 1982 and have coach put him in the game so they could win state but that wasn't what happened.

I am well aware that a problem exists. I am just wondering how much stems from misremembering what happened after a long time and regrets after the fact.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

When an attorney by feels compelled to tell you it’s not about money...it’s because it’s usually definitely about money.  

Civil claims always are - and this one has the stink of vindictiveness too given the timing.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

There’s also this. A neighbor of Cal McNair? You don’t say?

Well, Well, Well.  Nice to know that lawyer is just a random servant of justice representing the Little Guy (or gal)

28 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Odd that he said he was just made aware of the lawsuit via social media and hasn’t yet seen the claim... but also quickly rejected a baseless six-figure settlement demand when the suit was filed? 

Clean statement from Watson otherwise... but that seemed kind of odd to me...? 

Watson said he rejected a "baseless 6 figure settlement demand" made "before filing suit"

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

Definitely the McNairs using it as an excuse to the fans as to why they'll trade Watson.  Pretty low.  I expected them to wait at least a year before cracking.

If McNair/Easterby coordinated with the attorney or facilitated this in any way he should be kicked out of the league and forced to sell point blank.

22 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

He wrote he has not "yet seen the complaint" - does not mean he did not know about it 

Very odd that the attorney writes it is "not about $" but only files a civil complaint for $ and not a criminal complaint

(does not mean he is innocent or guilty, but it is about $)

Well, I'm not a Legal Eagle but my understanding is that private attorneys don't file criminal complaints.  Criminal charges have to be filed by a prosecuting attorney, based on evidence collected by officers of the law.

It's not that uncommon for a criminal complaint to go unfiled for a whole bunch of reasons that may have nothing to do with the crime or the evidence - or for a criminal case to be dismissed or the accused found not guilty - but for a civil suit to follow and to be won.  The standard of proof is different, for one thing.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

If McNair/Easterby coordinated with the attorney or facilitated this in any way he should be kicked out of the league and forced to sell point blank.

Agree.

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sexual assault is a serious and awful crime. Watson is in trouble. 

He's not facing criminal charges

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

That would be so incredibly dumb.

Instead of multiple first round picks they destroy their asset and get way less, possibly nothing, due to spite. 

It would be very dumb and downright evil if the claims against Watson are scurrilous and the Texans had something to do with it. But look who were talking about here. It’s the Texans.

But anyways we’re getting wayyy ahead of ourselves speculating on some conspiracy now. Any sort of sexual misconduct claim should be looked at seriously.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frat-Train said:

Everyone loses in this situation.  

Not true, the lawyer reaps tons of free publicity.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

this is an interesting read.

Posting it 4 times on the same page would really help.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Oof.... my first instinct is to call bs. Watson has been nothing but a standup guy going back to Clemson - from everything I’ve ever seen.

My second instinct is to say: who the hell would be surprised if the Texans (specifically Easterbe) was doing something to try and sully Watson’s name? With what we’ve heard that seems perfectly on brand. 

My third instinct is to say - dang. This’ll be interesting. 

really my third is my first. 

Why would the Texans want to tank his trade value?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why would the Texans want to tank his trade value?

Exactly. Unless some mandate came down from on high to go scorched earth on the guy, that makes no sense. And I don’t think guys like Caserio or Culley would go along with something so heinous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Exactly. Unless some mandate came down from on high to go scorched earth on the guy, that makes no sense. And I don’t think guys like Caserio or Culley would go along with something so heinous.

Completely agree makes absolutely no sense and unbelievable evil for someone to do that. Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out but I have a gut feeling this doesn’t end well for Deshaun Watson. 

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

Completely agree makes absolutely no sense and unbelievable evil for someone to do that. Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out but I have a gut feeling this doesn’t end well for Deshaun Watson. 

well i’m not saying it’s going to go bad for Watson either - We don’t know anything about the allegations against him or the accuser yet (beyond the fact that it apparently involved a massage.) 

All I am saying is if the Texans were involved in facilitating this lawsuit, they’re way out of line and criminally stupid to boot.

This case, unless quickly found to be baseless, will also have the knock-on effect of triggering an investigation by the league under the personal conduct policy, which will jam Watson up even more insofar as football goes.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

well i’m not saying it’s going to go bad for Watson either - We don’t know anything about the allegations against him or the accuser yet (beyond the fact that it apparently involved a massage.) 

All I am saying is if the Texans were involved in facilitating this lawsuit, they’re way out of line and criminally stupid to boot.

This case, unless quickly found to be baseless, will also have the knock-on effect of triggering an investigation by the league under the personal conduct policy, which will jam Watson up even more insofar as football goes.

Agreed. Of course if the Texans had anything to do with this then major punishment by the law and the NFL on the people involved in what would be a major conspiracy along with the accuser and her lawyer to tarnish Watson...  But I think it’s more likely that either Watson is guilty of sexual assault  or his accuser, her lawyer are lying. 

Edited by wppete