Lawson to Jets

53 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This is you @Virgil

15 mil per, for want 10+ sacks and a guy who will require consistent double teams.  

Also, I find your chart to be an oddly specific, personal, and accurate attack.  How dare you

• Haha (+1) 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

These AFC East are really trying to find rushers to get to Allen. 😁

While we wait for our rusher to get to Mahomes 

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

How do you figure?

Lawson’s best year with sacks was his rookie year by far - he has not been getting better - he has been getting more snaps with less production per snap.  2019 was more productive than last year as he had 5.0 sacks on 477 defensive snaps. He had more tackles for loss and played better all around.  

In 16 games in 2020 and well over 120 additional snaps - he got 0.5 more sacks than Mario Addison for the Bills. (A guy you and several other posters are killing for his production).  He also had less overall tackles and less tackles for loss than Addison in all of those extra snaps.

He is younger than Addison, but he is getting paid more than 2x what Addison is paid for less production (both career averages and last season per snap).

Look I liked Lawson and would of been fine with him on the Bills at a reasonable contract - around Addison/Murphy level.  At nearly 2x at - his pass rushing is not good enough to warrant that kind of money. Heck Lawson had fewer sacks than Shaq Lawson did for the Bills in 1/2 the snaps in 2019.

Watching the Bengals- he was noticeably on a few occasions, but he never popped.  He was Shaq Lawson, Mario Addison type player - getting push - making a few plays, but rarely flat out beating a tackle 1:1.  He is a good player, but I think the Jets way over paid - same as they did with Corey Davis - a speed guy with questionable hands.

He pops to me.....but he’s tough to give 15M aav due to his way below average run D.  The only thing he can do is get after the QB imo and should be targeted in the run game.

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, assuming you're not trolling, you're clueless. Fair enough. Not worth answering, though.

I’m clueless because I want a pass rusher instead of a coverage linebacker 

so tell me since I’m clueless how this helps beat the chiefs again? I remember seeing Milano in that game and I remember kelce having a field day.... that happened right? 

I also remember the colts game with middle passes all day long and a running game all through the second half, you remember that right?

so instead of saying troll or worthless ***** like “clueless” address the points or maybe it’s you who are clueless and just a homer... matter of fact it’s pretty which you are 

47 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some want to preach that the world is flat in an elevator.  That is wrong on so many levels.

So are the preachers on the wall that could not get into Seminary School with a sizeable bribe and killing competitors for slot.

Before our very eyes, Wisdom and Enlightenment have met.

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

How do you figure?

Lawson’s best year with sacks was his rookie year by far - he has not been getting better - he has been getting more snaps with less production per snap.  2019 was more productive than last year as he had 5.0 sacks on 477 defensive snaps. He had more tackles for loss and played better all around.  

In 16 games in 2020 and well over 120 additional snaps - he got 0.5 more sacks than Mario Addison for the Bills. (A guy you and several other posters are killing for his production).  He also had less overall tackles and less tackles for loss than Addison in all of those extra snaps.

He is younger than Addison, but he is getting paid more than 2x what Addison is paid for less production (both career averages and last season per snap).

Look I liked Lawson and would of been fine with him on the Bills at a reasonable contract - around Addison/Murphy level.  At nearly 2x at - his pass rushing is not good enough to warrant that kind of money. Heck Lawson had fewer sacks than Shaq Lawson did for the Bills in 1/2 the snaps in 2019.

Watching the Bengals- he was noticeably on a few occasions, but he never popped.  He was Shaq Lawson, Mario Addison type player - getting push - making a few plays, but rarely flat out beating a tackle 1:1.  He is a good player, but I think the Jets way over paid - same as they did with Corey Davis - a speed guy with questionable hands.

Less production... you kidding he had 32 hits on the qb last season

Good grief, sacks don’t tell the whole story... Lawson was a QB pressure machine last year and is younger than Addison and Milano

quite simply this defense is much better if he is playing on it rather than Addison and Milano for that point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed 100%.... but the Bills can still make room to sign a good pass rusher. 

We will see... with the cap going up in a few years (projection) now was a great time to capitalize 

we had a real shot to close the gap,  I loved keeping Williams 

Milano and feliciano Meh... there are better guards out there for similar value and the money on Milano and Addison should have been on Yannick or Lawson 

Brandon has been great but I don’t see the logic in this, seems he is too focused on keeping his own... Lawson was the price and we missed it 

Edited by Jerboski

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The Bengals thought enough about him to not pay him.  

Why?

Minnesota thought enough about diggs to trade him , why?

the bengals are idiots one of the worst ran nfl franchises in the league and you are using that as a barometer lol

Just now, Big Blitz said:

They just signed someone they think is better.  

I guess that answers that.  

Bengals.... do I need to say this again for it to register 

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

Minnesota thought enough about diggs to trade him , why?

the bengals are idiots one of the worst ran nfl franchises in the league and you are using that as a barometer lol

Bengals.... do I need to say this again for it to register 

If all you do is piss and moan about every single move, no one can take you seriously on anything you say. You're quickly becoming the new scottlaw

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t disagree.... not a fan of the move to use a ton of cap on an outside LB who is often hurt and played 35% of the snaps last season. Doesn’t seem like smart value.

Agree completely... Milano is a good player, not saying he isn’t but is he worth bringing back at the cost of a young edge nah 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

If all you do is piss and moan about every move, no one can take you seriously on anything you say. You're quickly becoming the new scottlaw

Nope... I think the Williams move was pivotal 

mad respect for that... I’m just super confused why we are going Milano instead of a Yannick, Lawson or Hendrickson 

2 of the 3 could have been had for great value contracts... we are in a super bowl window and running it back makes little sense to me... it was clear our pass rush wasn’t good enough 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

if his contract is Milano and Addison combined, I’d rather have Lawson and draft LB at 30.  

Nailed it 

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

Great signing.... Qb, Tackles and pass rushers 

we have two of the 3... too bad we couldn’t get the third, well we could have we just priorities Milano and Addison instead

dont understand this, could have had Yannick or Lawson for the cost we paid them two smh

You just explained it...we got two good players instead of one that may be marginally better than either of the two.

Two positions filled, and one less roster spot to have to fill with a missing starter.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if his contract is Milano and Addison combined, I’d rather have Lawson and draft LB at 30.  

So what if we let Milano go and he plays lights out for a different team while we draft potentially a bust at LB?? I guarantee most of you guys would be going after Beane for letting Milano walk

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So what if we let Milano go and he plays lights out for a different team while we draft potentially a bust at LB?? I guarantee most of you guys would be going after Beane for letting Milano walk

I get your point.  I just think unlikely we get a bust at 30.  Also if the FA DE is a beast I’m not complaining. 

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Nope... I think the Williams move was pivotal 

mad respect for that... I’m just super confused why we are going Milano instead of a Yannick, Lawson or Hendrickson 

2 of the 3 could have been had for great value contracts... we are in a super bowl window and running it back makes little sense to me... it was clear our pass rush wasn’t good enough 

Nailed it 

Lawson wanted to come here?

Did I miss this?

It's not worth complaining over UFAs you wanted signing somewhere else.  

I'm sure it's not as simple as we liked Addison and Milano more.