Matt Judon to Pats

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Marcus Cannon is as good as Thuney and plays a tougher position. 

Marcus Cannon sucks and they were going to replace him the starting lineup last year.

• Agree 1

I think Billy B knows he doesn't have many years left and is competing against two vastly improved teams (Bills and to a lesser degree Fins) and his old QB just won a SB without him. I think the Pats are hoping to win 10-11 games this season and make Billy B look like he was at least a part of the Pats success with Brady.

• Agree 2

They’re spending money like the NFL just gave them a stimulus check 😂😂

They are building a team to win games with a score of 9-3. 
Wake me if they sign Golloday or get Kareem Hunt or any kind of offensive weapon cause I ain’t scared of Edelman and Jonnu.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

People would love the guy if he came here but he is at the Pats so no good...

Agreed. It's OK to admit that a division rival made a good move - this is one of them. Judon is a very good player and he seems to play well against the Bills. Paired with Belichick, I think he'll be even more dominant.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Marcus Cannon was traded, wasn’t he? Edelman is old and Gilmore is a soft player, isn’t he over 30? I admit their defense is decent, but I look forward to us going up against Stephon “traitor” Gilmore. He went to our biggest rival and I look forward to the Bills pummeling them twice next year. Their offense is terrible, Josh is the best QB in the division, so long as he stays healthy we’ll be AFC East Division Champs x2.

Yeah, completely missed that trade! As for Gilmore, he was defensive mvp in 2019. He's not soft; he's good. 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Marcus Cannon was traded, wasn’t he? Edelman is old and Gilmore is a soft player, isn’t he over 30? I admit their defense is decent, but I look forward to us going up against Stephon “traitor” Gilmore. He went to our biggest rival and I look forward to the Bills pummeling them twice next year. Their offense is terrible, Josh is the best QB in the division, so long as he stays healthy we’ll be AFC East Division Champs x2.

Gilmore also said pretty unequivocally that he does not want to play for the Patriots again.

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Judon is a flat out great player. Their defense is looking it'll be the best unit in the NFL next season. They are LOADED. They are the threat in the division regardless of QB, not anyone else. I don't see them winning fewer than 9 games. 

The best in the league?  Loaded?  They have a great secondary, Judon, Hightower.  Who’s on their DL?  No one. Literally.  Judon at OLB. Hightower in the middle. The other LBs are garbage. 

they will most definitely be better....but elite? Meh

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Gilmore also said pretty unequivocally that he does not want to play for the Patriots again.

It's the contract, it appears. He's being paid peanuts, relatively speaking, and if NE doesn't redo (I doubt they will), he won't play: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/15/report-teams-are-aware-that-stephon-gilmore-is-available-through-trade/.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think they'll trade Gilmore.

A BB will always be formidable, but until they get that QB..... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

The best in the league?  Loaded?  They have a great secondary, Judon, Hightower.  Who’s on their DL?  No one. Literally.  Judon at OLB. Hightower in the middle. The other LBs are garbage. 

they will most definitely be better....but elite? Meh

I'm a believer in quality secondaries being more important than LBs/interior linemen. It is also the case that their coach is the best defensive coach in league history. I do respect my enemies. 

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Agreed. It's OK to admit that a division rival made a good move - this is one of them. Judon is a very good player and he seems to play well against the Bills. Paired with Belichick, I think he'll be even more dominant.

Judon is a great move. However, the rest of the signings are way underwhelming. Ask any Iggles fan about Jalen Mills (they love him about as much as we loved his offensive lineman brother). They paid 12m/yr for a tight end who has never topped 500 yards. Godchaux {shrug}. Cam Newton has 8 TDs, 11 INTs in the last two years. 

Gilmore's very likely gone. Hightower is going to be 34 coming off a season in which he didn't play. Chung should be out of football, but that's irrelevant here. 

We should really pump the breaks on the panic (or at least the seeming awe). If anything, the word that comes to mind for me on this spree is Snyder-esque.

• Like (+1) 1