KC 3 top players taking pay cut

They are not taking pay cuts. They are restructuring contracts to convert bonuses to salary. All three contracts were specifically written to do just that. In fact, Mahommes contract could be restructured every year for the next seven years.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I really hope our players are taking a close look at this and some times what it takes to make a team great 

Our players did it first. This just tightens the future cap up with these guys contracts years down the line. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Yea these are not pay cuts, these are restructures. Mitch Morse, Mario Addison and Vernon Butler have taken pay cuts ($3m with a chance to earn some back for Morse, about $2m each for the other two). 

The Bills still have restructure options for Diggs, White and Dawkins... but I suspect Beane is only going to do that if it allows him to bring on board a difference making free agent. Otherwise he will keep those restructures up his sleeve for now and keep his options open down the line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea these are not pay cuts, these are restructures. Mitch Morse, Mario Addison and Vernon Butler have taken pay cuts ($3m with a chance to earn some back for Morse, about $2m each for the other two). 

The Bills still have restructure options for Diggs, White and Dawkins... but I suspect Beane is only going to do that if it allows him to bring on board a difference making free agent. Otherwise he will keep those restructures up his sleeve for now and keep his options open down the line. 

this is what happens when you make abone headed move be knee deep in one topic and post a miss understood new topic at same time.  lol yea I think they set an example for Diggs, White and Dawkins yes?

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is what happens when you make abone headed move be knee deep in one topic and post a miss understood new topic at same time.  lol yea I think they set an example for Diggs, White and Dawkins yes?

By the way, Kelce now denying that he restructured. Said team didn’t approach him.

What should be taken away from KC is how they handled getting upset in their first AFCCG after the 2018 season.

Their defense was bad.

They didn't just run it back..........which is all that the Bills spending has accomplished so far this offseason...........the Chiefs aggressively attacked their personnel issues and won the SB the next season.

Hopefully the Bills aggressively address their lack of pass rush from the front 4 and need for more playmaking ability on offense.

• Like (+1) 1