Oklahoma Pro Day

turftoe

Pretty agile for a big ugly

• Agree 1

Love the interview more than the numbers at the pro day. He said he is most comfortable at center but can play any interior line position and will do whatever a team needs. Team leader. I can remember when this kid started his freshman year.

For me spot 30 is right around where you could get value for a position like interior oline, one of the top 2 best available. 
Maybe move Humphrey to center for Allen  starting in 2022. This turns into a Hull and Kelly relationship.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm really liking the idea of drafting C/G early in the draft.  Maybe a day 2 pick.  Drafting a Center could address some immediate issues this upcoming season, as well as, provide a future long term answer at Center.

It would likely upgrade one of the Bills guard spots for 2021 on the cheap and provide a backup Center.  I'm assuming Feliciano will not be retained.

In 2022, the draftee becomes the Center.  Per Spotrac, cutting Morse after 2021 would be a $3.75M dead cap hit.

With the signings of Milano and Williams, I can’t see us being able to retain Feliciano as well. Humphrey would go along nicely with Ford as a guard until it’s time for Morse to move on. Morse was nearly released this year and is another concussion away from possible retirement. It wouldn’t be bad to try to get someone in the pipeline. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is a very interesting question. I didn’t even think of this, but I imagine he did. 

I looked him up and he was a freshman in 2018, so they just missed each other 

Btw he was a wrestler, so Sean will want him 

https://www.collegesportslive.com/video/okla/football/creed-humphreys-wrestling-background-translating-to-football-20201013024305566755/

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I looked him up and he was a freshman in 2018, so they just missed each other 

Btw he was a wrestler, so Sean will want him 

https://www.collegesportslive.com/video/okla/football/creed-humphreys-wrestling-background-translating-to-football-20201013024305566755/

I could get used to Humphrey as our pick at 30...

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I could get used to Humphrey as our pick at 30...

I’d rather drop back and get him in the second.

maybe 30 for a pick between 35-45 and get an extra third or fourth, depending. 

Also of note regarding Oklahoma, I just fell in love with their Edge rusher Ronnie Perkins. He’s a compact power rusher who is a dog and hits qb’s hard!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Also of note regarding Oklahoma, I just fell in love with their Edge rusher Ronnie Perkins. He’s a compact power rusher who is a dog and hits qb’s hard!

Love me some Perkins.  He’s my man crush in this draft.  I just don’t know if he’s big enough.  I thought I heard an announcer say that he played this past season between 230-240lb.  Not sure if lining up across from an NFL OL with his hand on the ground will beneficial for his game.  Dude is an animal though.  ❤️

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That’s fine but Beane doesn’t trade back. If anything, he’ll identify a guy he loves and move up to get him. At the very least I feel we will stay at 30 and take someone there. 

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I do like Creed Humphrey - replacement for Mungo now and for Morse from next year. Just not at 30. Still Need a game changing DE in the worst way possible - have Murphy’s roster spot to fill. 

Don’t see this happening at 30. You might get a decent DE at 30, but all the “game changers” will most likely be gone by then. 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

That’s fine but Beane doesn’t trade back. If anything, he’ll identify a guy he loves and move up to get him. At the very least I feel we will stay at 30 and take someone there. 

Don’t see this happening at 30. You might get a decent DE at 30, but all the “game changers” will most likely be gone by then. 

I still like Teven Jenkins at 30, if he's still on the board. He'd be a huge upgrade at G, and have the ability to transition over to OT in case of injury. 

He might even be D Williams replacement in 3 years, and let D Williams move into the Ty Inseke role. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1