Biden Prime Time Address Tonight

Irv

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Biden doing well in polling, better than that person who preceded him. 

Country seems like it likes likes getting back to normal 

- Stock market at record high

- Passed a great bill that will help millions of Americans

- Polling at higher numbers than the last guy

All while coming off flipping the Senate. 4 years ago the right had the House, Senate m, White House. Righties we’re trying to decide which Trump would run after Donald’s 8 years.

4 years later due to poor governance, the House, and Senate have flipped and their savior was defeated by a terrible Dem candidate.

The right has nothing left but the BDS you see here.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep....we are in our warm fuzzy place:  Being lied to by politicians while they spend our children's futures, and kill American jobs.  All that's left on the To Do List is to start a war somewhere in a distant land filled with poor third world minorities.  Maybe that's what he's announcing tonight!  

Did you watch Newsom's State of the State address?  My wife and I watched it all.  Dude was ***** giddy through the whole thing.  Smiling and laughing all the while talking about the number of people that have died "due to" Covid could fill all the seats in Dodger Stadium where the speech was from.  I really think it was a nervous laughter.  Kind of like the freshman girl on a date with a senior.  "Please please please kiss (don't recall) me!"

15 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

- Stock market at record high - It hit records under the first administration too.  Did you cheer then? 

- Passed a great bill that will help millions of Americans.  How?  

- Polling at higher numbers than the last guy - Not hard.  BTW running the country ain't a popularity contest.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Did you watch Newsom's State of the State address?  My wife and I watched it all.  Dude was ***** giddy through the whole thing.  Smiling and laughing all the while talking about the number of people that have died "due to" Covid could fill all the seats in Dodger Stadium where the speech was from.  I really think it was a nervous laughter.  Kind of like the freshman girl on a date with a senior.  "Please please please kiss (don't recall) me!"

- I didn’t think it was important then, but all you wonderful righties told me how great it was, so I’m all on that bandwagon now! Thanks for opening my eyes guys!

You do remember the posts about how great Trump was because markets were at highs.

- 600 pages of good policy. Instead of tax cuts for the wealthy, tax cuts for the middle class like the expansion of the child tax credit and earned income tax credit.

- It actually is kind of hard. With how divisive the political parties are to see Biden polling well and the individual parts of the stimulus bill polling well across politic parties is a bit of a miracle.

Good polling also helps politically for Biden to get things done.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

All while coming off flipping the Senate. 4 years ago the right had the House, Senate m, White House. Righties we’re trying to decide which Trump would run after Donald’s 8 years.

4 years later due to poor governance, the House, and Senate have flipped and their savior was defeated by a terrible Dem candidate.

And just a few short years before that the Dems held all three offices, and all then quickly lost all three.  I think we can all agree that this is no way to run a country.  Flip flopping back and forth while all the voters really want is for these two sides to work together...on something! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

And just a few short years before that the Dems held all three offices, and all then quickly lost two of the three.  I think we can all agree that this is no way to run a country.  Flip flopping back and forth while all the voters really want is for these two sides to work together...on something! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’m not sure what righties you were  chatting up, but much of the excitement for most of us was due to the folks that unemployment was in the rear view for a while.  No idea where you live, but the confidence was palpable—building, expansion, hope for people across the board was impressive.  That was in spite of Dem leadership screaming Russia/treason/Russia/treason/coup/illegitimate election.  

But, it’s true, there are always people sitting back and complaining about tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires.  The sad fact is that they could go and grab 75% of the wealth accumulated by Gates, Buffet, Bezos et al, and the people sitting around complaining are in exactly the same place because they’re often conditioned to see themselves as the victim.

The good news is that nothing has changed.  A 1970s era politician, long in the tooth and fat in the checkbook from years of selling stale promises, is going to sell victimization again tonight, talk about the crumbs that he’s going to send out, relative to full time employment, most of which seems likely to be going to higher gas prices... and they’ll eat it up again.    This time will be different. 

Stay tuned though— because taxes on the wealthy and penalties for their arrogance are coming soon!! No one knows when—hard to say and for sure the billionaires and millionaires will have no options but to pay!  Biden has been a lonely soldier in this war against the rich for 5 decades and just needed a bit... more...time.  :thumbsup:

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m not sure what righties you were  chatting up, but much of the excitement for most of us was due to the folks that unemployment was in the rear view for a while.  No idea where you live, but the confidence was palpable—building, expansion, hope for people across the board was impressive.  That was in spite of Dem leadership screaming Russia/treason/Russia/treason/coup/illegitimate election.  

But, it’s true, there are always people sitting back and complaining about tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires.  The sad fact is that they could go and grab 75% of the wealth accumulated by Gates, Buffet, Bezos et al, and the people sitting around complaining are in exactly the same place because they’re often conditioned to see themselves as the victim.

The good news is that nothing has changed.  A 1970s era politician, long in the tooth and fat in the checkbook from years of selling stale promises, is going to sell victimization again tonight, talk about the crumbs that he’s going to send out—most of which seems likely to be going to higher gas prices... and they’ll eat it up again.    This time will be different. 

Stay tuned though— because taxes on the wealthy and penalties for their arrogance are coming soon!! Biden has been a lonely soldier in this war against the rich for 5 decades and just needed a bit... more...time.  :thumbsup:

What the hell does this even mean....a contest winner to fit as many tropes into 200 words as possible?

I counted no flubs. I chuckled when he talked about big things hard things important things..  but didn’t get lost once by my count. A little disingenuous kind of owning the record development  of vaccine in less that a year, but that that standard Washington. All in all he did a decent job even thought it’s past his bed time. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

What the hell does this even mean....a contest winner to fit as many tropes into 200 words as possible?

I believe it’s his BDS that’s confusing him and the his tears are probably making it hard to see what he’s typing? He seems to be one that’s really worked up.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why by July fourth ‘might’ we be able to have ‘small’ gatherings? 

ummm wtf?   Can someone explain that to me like I’m 5?

Well over 50% of the population will be vaccinated by then, and the numbers will make this past summer’s look like Mt Everest.   Things should be open full stop by then.  If you’re still worried, don’t go out or triple up on saran wrap face coverings  for Christ’s Sake.  Jesus.

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Can it be as bad as this?

Party 💩 er 😉

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why by July fourth ‘might’ we be able to have ‘small’ gatherings? 

Lol...I know, right...I’ve been having small gatherings since last May...😎🍻🙌🤣

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

ummm wtf?   Can someone explain that to me like I’m 5?

Well over 50% of the population will be vaccinated by then, and the numbers will make this past summer’s look like Mt Everest.   Things should be open full stop by then.  If you’re still worried, don’t go out or triple up on saran wrap face coverings  for Christ’s Sake.  Jesus.

Keep in mind that by July 4th——maybe we can gather in small groups—-not large gatherings like inaugurations and whatnot,  and by then, he’ll tell you what you can and cannot do.  

I also enjoyed the May 1 declaration where every adult in the country can be vaccinated!  Well, not vaccinated, but in line waiting to be vaccinated—unlike now, when every adult who wants to be vaccinated is waiting in groups.  

Things are pushing forward regardless.  States have made their decisions, people are making theirs as well.  

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I counted no flubs. I chuckled when he talked about big things hard things important things..  but didn’t get lost once by my count. A little disingenuous kind of owning the record development  of vaccine in less that a year, but that that standard Washington. All in all he did a decent job even thought it’s past his bed time. 

A little? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah ..  they alway do that stuff to some degree, but a unifier would have tossed a little kudo out. We know this isn’t about unifying. 

He mentioned an attack on Asians in like the first two minutes.

That's a thing?

How about people are being harassed and attacked on a daily basis in this country, skin

color having nothing to do with it. 

There's no unity at all with the democrat party, their entire schtick amounts to a whole series

of carefully crafted divisions. 

Edited by Unforgiven

and seemingly owning the Mars mission....like that was developed and implemented in 51 days.  I was expecting the flubs but didn't see them, i didn't like the 'empathy' tone he was speaking in but for the most part i felt it was an OK address.  Time to move on from the little jabs of the former admin and focus on moving forward.  I did notice he wore the mask walking in, but not walking in

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

• Agree 1